Summer Creek Domination? Nederland Domination?

on this post.. who slings the BS the best  

24 members have voted

1. 1. on this post.. who slings the BS the best

• SummerCreek it is!
    • cougar14
    • DemDAWGS!
    • aschom78
    • HUM398
    • Mr. Buddy Garrity
    • who cares ITS FUN UNTIL FOOTBALL STARTS!!!

If it were decided on paper than Nederland has as good as a chance as anybody at a three peat but unfortunately its not decided that way.  Injuries, grades and the fact that we are talking about 16,17 and 18 year old kids... who knows how the season is going to play out.  Based off what I have seen so far, Ned gets one upgrade at LB.  Mayfield is an absolute beast who would have played last year if it werent for a knee injury suffered at the beginning of the season.  Deshawn is getting looks at DT as well as on the end, so he will be moved around on the line alot this year.  I hope he keeps his hunger! (Dravanti Johnson senior year???)  OL is not looking as good as I was hoping.  Freshman Tackle has been getting some time but needs to get mean.  QB are all pretty even, which means if you have 3 qb's, you really have 0.  I think the 3rd stringer looks really good and I would not be surprised if he is named the starter after scrimmages.  Sage is a great dual threat but wait until you see this guy on the outside.  Looks really natural and with Kimler and Krautz, this could be the best WR group in the district if not the area.  Hopkins will be a stud but his success will depend alot on how the OL progresses.  Sage has been getting looks at LB and Krautz at CB.  Both look pretty good.  Tinsley has been getting looks at SS.  He has some speed.  Malveaux will be back in the interior.  Dont look for him to go anywhere, thats a stonewall if I have ever seen one.  Its going to be another great year of HS football for SETX!  I cant wait.  Can Nederland make it 24 straight 20-4A victories?  Lets get it on and see....

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="GoBigBlue1997" post="1409090" timestamp="1369856277"]
If it were decided on paper than Nederland has as good as a chance as anybody at a three peat but unfortunately its not decided that way.  Injuries, grades and the fact that we are talking about 16,17 and 18 year old kids... who knows how the season is going to play out.  Based off what I have seen so far, Ned gets one upgrade at LB.  Mayfield is an absolute beast who would have played last year if it werent for a knee injury suffered at the beginning of the season.  Deshawn is getting looks at DT as well as on the end, so he will be moved around on the line alot this year.  I hope he keeps his hunger! (Dravanti Johnson senior year???)  OL is not looking as good as I was hoping.  Freshman Tackle has been getting some time but needs to get mean.  QB are all pretty even, which means if you have 3 qb's, you really have 0.  I think the 3rd stringer looks really good and I would not be surprised if he is named the starter after scrimmages.  Sage is a great dual threat but wait until you see this guy on the outside.  Looks really natural and with Kimler and Krautz, this could be the best WR group in the district if not the area.  Hopkins will be a stud but his success will depend alot on how the OL progresses.  Sage has been getting looks at LB and Krautz at CB.  Both look pretty good.  Tinsley has been getting looks at SS.  He has some speed.  Malveaux will be back in the interior.  Dont look for him to go anywhere, thats a stonewall if I have ever seen one.  Its going to be another great year of HS football for SETX!  I cant wait.  Can Nederland make it 24 straight 20-4A victories?  Lets get it on and see....
[/quote]

Sage? i thought his name was Seay...

[quote name="NDNation" post="1409101" timestamp="1369856572"]
But they did in preseason
[/quote]

and also in Play-offs... but not in district... would actually be 21 straight if they go undefeated in district again... 8 team district... 7 district games... you do the math :-D

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1409102" timestamp="1369856580"]
[quote author=GoBigBlue1997 link=topic=111829.msg1409090#msg1409090 date=1369856277]
[/quote]

Sage? i thought his name was Seay...
[/quote]

Sage Seay

Nederland hasn't lost a district game in either of the last 2 seasons...as for blue's assessment of the OL, I am not sure what you are looking at...this will be a strength of the team next year with Brown, Albritton, and Brinkley returning...these guys all played great last year and there is no reason to expect anything different this season

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1409104" timestamp="1369856658"]
[quote author=NDNation link=topic=111829.msg1409101#msg1409101 date=1369856572]
[/quote]

and also in Play-offs... but not in district... would actually be 21 straight if they go undefeated in district again... 8 team district... 7 district games... you do the math :-D
[/quote]

currently the streak in 20-4A stands at 17 for Nederland...they won their last 3 of 2010 as well as going undefeated in each of the past 2 seasons...another undefeated season (tall order) would add up to 24 straight district wins for the Dogs

[quote name="Razor" post="1409117" timestamp="1369857154"]
[quote author=Coach Comeaux link=topic=111829.msg1409104#msg1409104 date=1369856658]
[quote author=NDNation link=topic=111829.msg1409101#msg1409101 date=1369856572]
[/quote]

[/quote]

currently the streak in 20-4A stands at 17 for Nederland...they won their last 3 of 2010 as well as going undefeated in each of the past 2 seasons...another undefeated season (tall order) would add up to 24 straight district wins for the Dogs
[/quote]
ah ok gotcha :-D thought your math might of been a little askew..  your counting strings not seasons.. :-D

[quote name="Razor" post="1409109" timestamp="1369856826"]
Nederland hasn't lost a district game in either of the last 2 seasons...as for blue's assessment of the OL, I am not sure what you are looking at...this will be a strength of the team next year with Brown, Albritton, and Brinkley returning...these guys all played great last year and there is no reason to expect anything different this season
[/quote]

Im just going off what I have seen in the spring... and I hope you are right.  Pryor and Washington both played OL last year because they needed the help, and from what I have seen, their disappearence is a big notice.  I hope you are right though.

pryor played there at the end of the season due to injuries and washington did the same at the beginning of the year...trust me, [u][b]if healthy[/b][/u], next year's OL will be plenty good enough at Nederland...I have zero concerns there

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1409285" timestamp="1369924908"]
[quote author=DChatman2008 link=topic=111829.msg1409243#msg1409243 date=1369916564]
how do you feel about Deunte Chatman of Summer Creek
[/quote]

Deunte is a really good athlete . I rather see him on the defensive side of the ball though.
[/quote]
That reminds me, was it Chatman or Braden wearing #5 on the maroon team in the spring game? That is the guy who I think should start at RB.

Deunte Chatman ,running back for Summer Creek,class of 2015 ran the ball 3 times for 120 yards in Summer Creek's spring game.Today,I timed his 40 at 4.49 and he is 6'1 210lbs and bench-presses close to 400 pounds.You can look him up on youtube.com ,too.This weekend ,he will camp at Baylor on Saturday and Texas A&M on Sunday and at UT camp next Sunday.I think it is time for him to start receiving some offers.He has a 3.9 GPA and just took his ACT and SAT tests

[quote name="DChatman2008" post="1409319" timestamp="1369928574"]
Deunte Chatman ,running back for Summer Creek,class of 2015 ran the ball 3 times for 120 yards in Summer Creek's spring game.Today,I timed his 40 at 4.49 and he is 6'1 210lbs and bench-presses close to 400 pounds.You can look him up on youtube.com ,too.This weekend ,he will camp at Baylor on Saturday and Texas A&M on Sunday and at UT camp next Sunday.I think it is time for him to start receiving some offers.He has a 3.9 GPA and just took his ACT and SAT tests
[/quote]

Good Luck to him.... I hope he does well at the camps.

[/quote]Put a link up with some film or something. He's getting invites right now because he had a good SPARQ rating, not because of what he's done on the field. Kids get offers early now but I think we need to see if he can actually play first. Sounds like he should be able to but he could also just be one of the kids on the ''all shorts'' team. If he's that good already why didn't he start last year as a sophomore and why is Braden supposed to start this year?

[/quote]

He did a good job in Spring game at RB! I just feel he's better at LB, he's a big kid but need to work his speed for that RB position. Our fastest RB is playing WR, and that's AJ Jeffrey. I still believe Ford will put him in back field before its all said and done.....

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1409372" timestamp="1369934597"]
[quote author=DChatman2008 link=topic=111829.msg1409319#msg1409319 date=1369928574]
[/quote]

He did a good job in Spring game at RB! I just feel he's better at LB, he's a big kid but need to work his speed for that RB position. Our fastest RB is playing WR, and that's AJ Jeffrey. I still believe Ford will put him in back field before its all said and done.....
[/quote]
Jeffery looked like he struggled a bit at the spring game at WR, may still be in the process of adjusting. I think chatman's speed is good, sub 4.5.

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1409372" timestamp="1369934597"]
[quote author=DChatman2008 link=topic=111829.msg1409319#msg1409319 date=1369928574]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Didn't he play a little LB last season?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin

• Vidor vs HJ - 1 Game Location:  Vidor Date and Time:  Thursday (May 2) at 7pm
    • but will he be doing contact football drills mid-season?
    • That was an awesome video!  I feel so proud of these young men.  They proved the doubters wrong.  Bellville should be proud, too.  I know it didn't end like they had hoped, but we've been there, so we can definitely empathize with them.  Great season, Brahmas!
    • Meh.. Everyone knows this. The kid that got injured wasn't lifting weights. Supposedly he was hit with a helmet in his elbow. In my opinion the kid shouldn't have been put in that situation. AD should've told the Varsity baseball players to sit that one out. I have no issues with the lifting or conditioning. However, anytime helmets/pads are on there is a higher risk of injury. This AD showed a total lack of respect for HIS baseball program. 
    • Maybe.. however..  Many athletic director / head football coach have lost their job despite the athletic program as a whole being successful.. if the football team struggles.  On the other hand, when football teams are doing great but the rest of the program stinks.. AD/HFC still keeps their job. WOS.  Newton. .. programs as a whole were fairly weak during those many years of football power and very few people even knew it.  Or cared. Yet, AD/HFC kept their jobs for years. Meanwhile, I remember an AD/HFC at Barbers Hill lost his job after every program in the school won district championships and even had several team sports (baseball, softball, girls hoops, etc.) making runs at state.  But the football team was mediocre.  Fired. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that perception is reality.  And the perception is that your athletic program can suck as long as football wins.. it doesn't matter how strong the athletic program is if football sucks. 
  • Topics