Summer Creek Domination? Nederland Domination?

on this post.. who slings the BS the best  

24 members have voted

1. 1. on this post.. who slings the BS the best

• SummerCreek it is!
    • cougar14
    • DemDAWGS!
    • aschom78
    • HUM398
    • Mr. Buddy Garrity
    • who cares ITS FUN UNTIL FOOTBALL STARTS!!!

Thx for clarifying. Man, Dayton looked horrible against SC.  Maybe they had a bad night.  Conversely, Crosby looked solid. That game really came down to a couple plays. The 1st is an SC stop deep in SC territory on 4th down. Crosby went for it n didn't make it. The 2nd was an INT in the endzone by SC. Also, I believe Crosby had a receiver that dropped balls all night. I think one was in the endzone.

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="aschom78" post="1411960" timestamp="1370643127"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=111829.msg1411945#msg1411945 date=1370638941]
[quote author=aschom78 link=topic=111829.msg1411943#msg1411943 date=1370638438]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=111829.msg1411939#msg1411939 date=1370638176]
[quote author=$MTC-28$ link=topic=111829.msg1411937#msg1411937 date=1370638021]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=111829.msg1411932#msg1411932 date=1370637437]
[quote author=aschom78 link=topic=111829.msg1411930#msg1411930 date=1370637323]
Just to let everyone know, Quest HS left from SC's campus in 2011, and even when they were there I don't think they were included in the enrollment number. They were their own independent school, they weren't even allowed to be in SC athletics or academic teams. I agree with demdawgs that Humble's enrollment will eventually get back over 2000 once the politics subside but I don't think that will happen by the Oct 2013 snapshot so SC will have a 5a/6a enrollment.
[/quote]

We shall see.  I've heard that SC will have an entire wing that won't be in use this school year.
[/quote]
Well i guess you heard wrong lol. You've got atleast three guys saying different than you are yet your gonna stay convinced till it happens. SC will be 6A next realignment. There ain't no getting past that jack! lol.
[/quote]

Your negativity is not helping right now.  I'm starting a petition to keep SC in 4A.  Will you sign?
[/quote]
They are going to move up eventually, no time like the present IMO
[/quote]

Not you too Aschom78!  There's not gonna be a move to 5A or 6A ...SC barely has 1400 kids.  That is our story and we're sticking to it.
[/quote]
The joke is kinda dead at this point, was funny the first time you said it but it's gotten old. In 2011 when I was walking the halls of SC it was crowded with underclassmen so its likely they will have roughly 2300 in the fall.
[/quote] +1  8)

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1411961" timestamp="1370643223"]
No way.  This school is not jumping up in enrollment by 900 kids!
[/quote] At least you're right on that post, if it jumped 900 kids that would put yall at close to [b]3,000 students[/b] for enrollment.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1411926" timestamp="1370636561"]
To think that Katy has more talent than North Shore is also stupid. Talent is one thing, buying into a program is completely another. Just because you're dedicated and operate as one doesn't mean you have a bunch of talent. Katy is good because they can their kids close to the ceiling while they're still in high school. You ask the UT recruiter who he's taking and it's going to be the kid from North Shore 9 out of 10 times strictly because he's more TALENTED, not because he bought into a program last year. North Shore doesn't highlight anybody, that's why you don't know who half their kids are until they sign with Alabama or UT. Besides Bobby Reid there hasn't been a feature player at North Shore since Tiki Hardeman. The backs split carries, the qb usually gets a scholarship as an "athlete" and they hardly throw to the receivers which are often D1 recruits. Katy is going to play mistake free and out execute you, that's discipline not talent. There's D1 recruits from North Shore who've barely started so how are they being highlighted? If anybody highlights players it's Katy. That's why you can't tell me the name of North Shore's backs but I can name you all of Katy's. They give it to them 25 times a game and they get a bunch of yards and accolades which is the definition of highlighting a player, see Dean, Young and Taylor. Most years the rb is the only player you can name off Katy's team. I guess Nick Saban and Mack Brown are idiots though since they take the kids from North Shore over Katy. Don't mistake being coachable or playing in a good system for having talent or upside because they're two completely different things as you can see every year on signing day.
[/quote]

Its like you don't even read what i type.  You just see me not giving a crap that NS has superior individual talent then Katy, and assume that i am trying to say that Katy and NS are equal on an individual athletic scale.

My first contention with you, is that you are either ignorant or slow in regards to evaluating physical talent Ex. RB Donovan Young.  Just because he didn't dawn on the red and black uniforms doesn't mean he isn't ever bit as talented as Woods or Cornett.  In happen to know for a fact that every school in the country was in physical talks with Young, and it was other elements that prevented him from getting the actual offers.  Without hanging out dirty laundry, you need to understand that.  Young was every bit the back that NS had in the backfield if not more.  You want to claim that his success was a mere result of his offensive line.  When Young played the limited games he did for Humble (varsity) he was lights out....behind an Humble offensive line that was at best below average.    Just because they don't go to NS doesn't mean they aren't individually better than who you have.  period.  Young was a total package back, Woods and Cornett were not.

Second contention is that you keep reverting to values that have nothing to do with the performance of team or individual stats on the HIGH SCHOOL gridiron.    You simply use a measurement that has proven to not be a reliable measurement of overall production from teams.    You want to use measurements that College coaches use to determine if a student is compatible with their system, to measure the value of a completely different entity.    Im sorry, but the facts are that D1 talent more then often doesn't contribute to Elite program status.    We are infatuated with the prospect of a kid getting recruited, as if it matters on this level.    Coaches are recruiting seeds for their program, to make them into trees.  They don't recruit final products.  A lot of your great high school football players will never be great college players.....its a different game.      In terms of High school talent, Katy is every bit as talented as NS.  I would take a Katy Senior player over a Senior NS player 15 out of 22 times.   

Again no one is denying that NS has a lot of talent.  Im just saying that your measurement of what a HS player could contribute to another HS team is based on variables that have nothing to do with High School football.    This game, Texas HS football, is more like the real world..... Were determination guts, and the pursuit of victory mean far more in measuring talent then how big and fast you will be in college.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1411978" timestamp="1370650618"]
Thx for clarifying. Man, Dayton looked horrible against SC.  Maybe they had a bad night.  Conversely, Crosby looked solid. That game really came down to a couple plays. The 1st is an SC stop deep in SC territory on 4th down. Crosby went for it n didn't make it. The 2nd was an INT in the endzone by SC. Also, I believe Crosby had a receiver that dropped balls all night. I think one was in the endzone.
[/quote]The 4th down stop was a huge momentum swing. I thought Raelon dropped two tds actually, the one in the paint and one where he ran a deep post with no safety help and stacked the corner but dropped one that couldn't have been handed to him any better. Riordan also got away from the run too early IMO. We threw for nearly 340 but it took our best weapon out of the game. Raelon is going to get his but I think our key to the SC game this year is Austin and our other big receiver Cullen Lee who's been Aston's main target in 7 on 7.

I think for the next couple of years Summer Creek will have some of the most talented players in the area.Sharp,Allen,Jefferies,Braden,and Chatman are some of the best players in the area.Summer Creek is loaded at skill positions players.Only thing that worries me is the defense that lost defensive MVP Mark Domino and can only rely on allen.If they defense can play strong they have a chance to go to state.

[quote name="HUM398" post="1412005" timestamp="1370656816"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=111829.msg1411926#msg1411926 date=1370636561]
To think that Katy has more talent than North Shore is also stupid. Talent is one thing, buying into a program is completely another. Just because you're dedicated and operate as one doesn't mean you have a bunch of talent. Katy is good because they can their kids close to the ceiling while they're still in high school. You ask the UT recruiter who he's taking and it's going to be the kid from North Shore 9 out of 10 times strictly because he's more TALENTED, not because he bought into a program last year. North Shore doesn't highlight anybody, that's why you don't know who half their kids are until they sign with Alabama or UT. Besides Bobby Reid there hasn't been a feature player at North Shore since Tiki Hardeman. The backs split carries, the qb usually gets a scholarship as an "athlete" and they hardly throw to the receivers which are often D1 recruits. Katy is going to play mistake free and out execute you, that's discipline not talent. There's D1 recruits from North Shore who've barely started so how are they being highlighted? If anybody highlights players it's Katy. That's why you can't tell me the name of North Shore's backs but I can name you all of Katy's. They give it to them 25 times a game and they get a bunch of yards and accolades which is the definition of highlighting a player, see Dean, Young and Taylor. Most years the rb is the only player you can name off Katy's team. I guess Nick Saban and Mack Brown are idiots though since they take the kids from North Shore over Katy. Don't mistake being coachable or playing in a good system for having talent or upside because they're two completely different things as you can see every year on signing day.
[/quote]

Its like you don't even read what i type.  You just see me not giving a crap that NS has superior individual talent then Katy, and assume that i am trying to say that Katy and NS are equal on an individual athletic scale.

My first contention with you, is that you are either ignorant or slow in regards to evaluating physical talent Ex. RB Donovan Young.  Just because he didn't dawn on the red and black uniforms doesn't mean he isn't ever bit as talented as Woods or Cornett.  In happen to know for a fact that every school in the country was in physical talks with Young, and it was other elements that prevented him from getting the actual offers.  Without hanging out dirty laundry, you need to understand that.  Young was every bit the back that NS had in the backfield if not more.  You want to claim that his success was a mere result of his offensive line.  When Young played the limited games he did for Humble (varsity) he was lights out....behind an Humble offensive line that was at best below average.    Just because they don't go to NS doesn't mean they aren't individually better than who you have.  period.  Young was a total package back, Woods and Cornett were not.

Second contention is that you keep reverting to values that have nothing to do with the performance of team or individual stats on the HIGH SCHOOL gridiron.    You simply use a measurement that has proven to not be a reliable measurement of overall production from teams.    You want to use measurements that College coaches use to determine if a student is compatible with their system, to measure the value of a completely different entity.    Im sorry, but the facts are that D1 talent more then often doesn't contribute to Elite program status.    We are infatuated with the prospect of a kid getting recruited, as if it matters on this level.    Coaches are recruiting seeds for their program, to make them into trees.  They don't recruit final products.  A lot of your great high school football players will never be great college players.....its a different game.      In terms of High school talent, Katy is every bit as talented as NS.  I would take a Katy Senior player over a Senior NS player 15 out of 22 times.   

Again no one is denying that NS has a lot of talent.  Im just saying that your measurement of what a HS player could contribute to another HS team is based on variables that have nothing to do with High School football.    This game, Texas HS football, is more like the real world..... Were determination guts, and the pursuit of victory mean far more in measuring talent then how big and fast you will be in college.
[/quote]I don't care how many points of contention you have, you're mistaken in your assessments. I don't know what these personal issuses you speak of about D. Young but fact of the matter is he was a three star back and received three star offers. These issues had absolutely NOTHING to do with how he was rated. Rivals doesn't care about grades and "issues", they grade football players. Young was an unranked back period. Taylor and Dean both started at least two years and had well over 4000 career yards while DY started started one and had less than 3000 career yards behind the best line of them all. Your thoughts about him are exactly what they are, your thoughts, and please with this total package stuff. The other guys were 4 stars and Dean is 4th on the TCU depth chart. My thoughts echo the sentiment of that first Wednsday in February.

Miss me with that "this is what Texas High School Football is really all about". Nobody is prouder or has boasted louder to more people about what high school football means down here in Texas. You sound like a mouth-breather saying stuff like "its a fact that D1 talent more than ofter doesn't contribute to elite program status". Other than Katy name me an elite program that doesn't have elite talent? Lake Travis maybe but they had an enrollment advantage and the Gatorade National Player of the Year, first round L when they play the kids with the same enrollment though. What it's all about is those kids over there in Katy have a head start on life compared to the majority of kids that play on a team like North Shore or Skyline or Westfield or Lamar. For most of these kids if they don't get a scholarship they will never see the inside of a college classroom, on the other hand while most may not graduate the majority of the kids at Katy will at least attend some sort of college some point. Heck yeah you would take the kid from Katy over NS if you were trying to project their tangent's in life. There's an exponential chance in a lot of cases. You take him though, I'll take the kids that didn't grow up with a garage and try to coach them up because I know they'll be the hungriest and that's exactly what you see with the NFL numbers. Trey Hopkins and Sedrick Flowers will be drafted and if my cousin can make a roster this year that's a for sure three more NS grads in the league. Everybody has talent at that level so it's all brutally hard work and the kids from the east side prove over and over they have what it takes to make it to the highest level. Their parents don't have jobs they want to do but their cousins play professional sports so that's what they aspire to do. Sadly for some though, if they don't get scholarship they never leave the area and their paths in life could often be muddled. That's the real life I speak of, the same kids several years later people will be complaining about being a drain on their social system.

What you need to be worried about is why once Humble High lost half their enrollment and has to play 4a they suck if y'all are such a fertile recruiting ground? I reacall Humble and Kingwood being beast before they built KP and SC. Now your fertile recruiting ground has three schools that suck and one that couldn't make the playoffs. I guess nobody is playing as one besides SC?   

[quote name="cougar14" post="1412065" timestamp="1370707972"]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=111829.msg1412005#msg1412005 date=1370656816]
[/quote]

[/quote]I don't care how many points of contention you have, you're mistaken in your assessments. I don't know what these personal issuses you speak of about D. Young but fact of the matter is he was a three star back and received three star offers. These issues had absolutely NOTHING to do with how he was rated. Rivals doesn't care about grades and "issues", they grade football players. Young was an unranked back period. Taylor and Dean both started at least two years and had well over 4000 career yards while DY started started one and had less than 3000 career yards behind the best line of them all. Your thoughts about him are exactly what they are, your thoughts, and please with this total package stuff. The other guys were 4 stars and Dean is 4th on the TCU depth chart. My thoughts echo the sentiment of that first Wednsday in February.

Miss me with that "this is what Texas High School Football is really all about". Nobody is prouder or has boasted louder to more people about what high school football means down here in Texas. You sound like a mouth-breather saying stuff like "its a fact that D1 talent more than ofter doesn't contribute to elite program status". Other than Katy name me an elite program that doesn't have elite talent? Lake Travis maybe but they had an enrollment advantage and the Gatorade National Player of the Year, first round L when they play the kids with the same enrollment though. What it's all about is those kids over there in Katy have a head start on life compared to the majority of kids that play on a team like North Shore or Skyline or Westfield or Lamar. For most of these kids if they don't get a scholarship they will never see the inside of a college classroom, on the other hand while most may not graduate the majority of the kids at Katy will at least attend some sort of college some point. Heck yeah you would take the kid from Katy over NS if you were trying to project their tangent's in life. There's an exponential chance in a lot of cases. You take him though, I'll take the kids that didn't grow up with a garage and try to coach them up because I know they'll be the hungriest and that's exactly what you see with the NFL numbers. Trey Hopkins and Sedrick Flowers will be drafted and if my cousin can make a roster this year that's a for sure three more NS grads in the league. Everybody has talent at that level so it's all brutally hard work and the kids from the east side prove over and over they have what it takes to make it to the highest level. Their parents don't have jobs they want to do but their cousins play professional sports so that's what they aspire to do. Sadly for some though, if they don't get scholarship they never leave the area and their paths in life could often be muddled. That's the real life I speak of, the same kids several years later people will be complaining about being a drain on their social system.

What you need to be worried about is why once Humble High lost half their enrollment and has to play 4a they suck if y'all are such a fertile recruiting ground? I reacall Humble and Kingwood being beast before they built KP and SC. Now your fertile recruiting ground has three schools that suck and one that couldn't make the playoffs. I guess nobody is playing as one besides SC? 
[/quote]in an earlier post you said only 2 kids on katy could even play for ns. Now you say DY had the best o-line. Do you read what you type.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1412070" timestamp="1370709022"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=111829.msg1412065#msg1412065 date=1370707972]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=111829.msg1412005#msg1412005 date=1370656816]
[/quote]

[/quote]in an earlier post you said only 2 kids on katy could even play for ns. Now you say DY had the best o-line. Do you read what you type.
[/quote]

LMAO i would like to know what any of ^^^ has to do with this topic??

[quote name="DChatman2008" post="1412062" timestamp="1370707614"]
I think for the next couple of years Summer Creek will have some of the most talented players in the area.Sharp,Allen,Jefferies,Braden,and Chatman are some of the best players in the area.Summer Creek is loaded at skill positions players.Only thing that worries me is the defense that lost defensive MVP Mark Domino and can only rely on allen.If they defense can play strong they have a chance to go to state.
[/quote]

Yeah, there's a big question mark hovering over the defense.  SC graduated three DB's as well.  SC can only out score opponents for so long. Eventually the defense will need to hold up.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1412109" timestamp="1370731190"]
[quote author=DChatman2008 link=topic=111829.msg1412062#msg1412062 date=1370707614]
[/quote]

Yeah, there's a big question mark hovering over the defense.  SC graduated three DB's as well.  SC can only out score opponents for so long. Eventually the defense will need to hold up.
[/quote]
Yeah I'd say there is more than a question mark. When your team has the worse pass defense in your district and you graduate 3 DB's I'd definitely be really worried.

[quote name="$MTC-28$" post="1412112" timestamp="1370731661"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=111829.msg1412109#msg1412109 date=1370731190]
[quote author=DChatman2008 link=topic=111829.msg1412062#msg1412062 date=1370707614]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Yeah I'd say there is more than a question mark. When your team has the worse pass defense in your district and you graduate 3 DB's I'd definitely be really worried.
[/quote]

Can't argue. One bright spot is their returning safety.  We must develop a solid pass rush. GTown's QB (the guy that played in 5A the year before) had all day to pass. Don't recall him hitting the ground once.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1412116" timestamp="1370732172"]
[quote author=$MTC-28$ link=topic=111829.msg1412112#msg1412112 date=1370731661]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=111829.msg1412109#msg1412109 date=1370731190]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Can't argue. One bright spot is their returning safety.  We must develop a solid pass rush. GTown's QB (the guy that played in 5A the year before) had all day to pass. Don't recall him hitting the ground once.
[/quote]
Yeah that's what happened to us with y'all. Our dline didn't do jack to pressure sharp and y'all tour our secondary up. I've always thought the key to a good defense is a damn good dline. That's why I thought our defense was great last year cuz we had the second best dline in the area with jonboy and dalenburg, two guys over 225 and 6'4. We're definitely gonna miss them but we got some twins coming up to replace them right coach??    8)    ;)      ;D

One area I've seen Aaron Sharp struggle and make bad decisions is when he's pressured. It was very obvious during the Magnolia West playoff game (although Aaron was young). It showed up again in the GTown game. Aaron does better when he tucks the ball and runs when the heat comes.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1412122" timestamp="1370733435"]
One area I've seen Aaron Sharp struggle and make bad decisions is when he's pressured. It was very obvious during the Magnolia West playoff game (although Aaron was young). It showed up again in the GTown game. Aaron does better when he tucks the ball and runs when the heat comes.
[/quote]
That's crazy cuz that's one thing that makes Montana so great is he is terrific under pressure. The last thing you wanna do is pressure him straight up cuz he will burn you 9 times out of 10. The key to stopping him is sticking to your positions and lanes and letting him make mistakes and capitalize on it. Which is exactly what y'all did. But enough about last year lol. I definitely SC will be the team to beat this year but I don't see it being as easy as it was last year. For two reasons, one everyone knows y'all are the real deal now and two y'all will probably have a worse defense than last year and last year you had the worse pass defense in the district.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1412072" timestamp="1370710141"]
One more fact for coug14. LM played ns in 09 and got beat 44-34 i believe. That particular year lm didnt even make the playoffs in 4a. So your conclusion that ns would beat sc by 50 could be a little off.
[/quote]Find where I said NS would beat SC by 50? I said they would put 50 on SC and SC would probably score less than they did on Georgetown. To be fair to La Marque they were in the district with state ranked Manvel and Dawson, Texas City and 2000+ enrollment Freindswood that year. They got 44 put on them too with a d that was probably a little better than SC's. I said Katy has two players now that would for sure start NS. The Young kid played a few years ago.

[quote name="DChatman2008" post="1412062" timestamp="1370707614"]
I think for the next couple of years Summer Creek will have some of the most talented players in the area.Sharp,Allen,Jefferies,Braden,and Chatman are some of the best players in the area.Summer Creek is loaded at skill positions players.Only thing [b]that worries me is the defense [/b]that lost defensive MVP Mark Domino and can only rely on allen.If they defense can play strong they have a chance to go to state.
[/quote]

Our Defense will be fine, we may not be as deep as last year, but we will be fine

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1412109" timestamp="1370731190"]
[/quote]

Yeah, there's a big question mark hovering over the defense.  SC graduated [b]three DB's[/b] as well.  SC can only out score opponents for so long. Eventually the defense will need to hold up.
[/quote]

Yeah but the 3 DBS , wasn't our strongest ones....Goree was decent, but we had a junior on sideline name Jesse, that was suppose to be on the field, and the coaches chose not to play because of a senior

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1412122" timestamp="1370733435"]
One area I've seen [b]Aaron Sharp struggle and make bad decisions is when he's pressured[/b]. It was very obvious during the Magnolia West playoff game (although Aaron was young). It showed up again in the GTown game. Aaron does better when he tucks the ball and runs when the heat comes.
[/quote]

I agree he did seemed a little rattled during the Gtown game, I felt he forced a couple of passes when he should have tucked and ran. I think the coaches should have called the same game plan for him like they did vs Vidor, and that was more designed run plays, remember Sharp is not your QB that's gonna take off and run after the first read is not there...but I wouldn't say when he's pressured he struggles, he's one of the most poised QBs in district....I believe next year he will run more because he will need to....he's been playing as a Freshman and never had a solid O line

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1412152" timestamp="1370749392"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=111829.msg1412122#msg1412122 date=1370733435]
One area I've seen [b]Aaron Sharp struggle and make bad decisions is when he's pressured[/b]. It was very obvious during the Magnolia West playoff game (although Aaron was young). It showed up again in the GTown game. Aaron does better when he tucks the ball and runs when the heat comes.
[/quote]

I agree he did seemed a little rattled during the Gtown game, I felt he forced a couple of passes when he should have tucked and ran. I think the coaches should have called the same game plan for him like they did vs Vidor, and that was more designed run plays, remember Sharp is not your QB that's gonna take off and run after the first read is not there...but I wouldn't say when he's pressured he struggles, he's one of the most poised QBs in district....I believe next year he will run more because he will need to....he's been playing as a Freshman and never had a solid O line
[/quote]
I thought the 2011 oline was pretty good

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1412149" timestamp="1370748973"]
[/quote]

Yeah, there's a big question mark hovering over the defense.  SC graduated [b]three DB's[/b] as well.  SC can only out score opponents for so long. Eventually the defense will need to hold up.
[/quote]

Yeah but the 3 DBS , wasn't our strongest ones....Goree was decent, but we had a junior on sideline name Jesse, that was suppose to be on the field, and the coaches chose not to play because of a senior
[/quote]
Im not sure why Michael Stewart started. He had the athleticism at safety but he was very soft, didn't really have any killer instincts.

[quote name="aschom78" post="1412159" timestamp="1370753842"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=111829.msg1412152#msg1412152 date=1370749392]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=111829.msg1412122#msg1412122 date=1370733435]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I thought the 2011 oline was pretty good
[/quote]

Nope. We had an okay center and an okay LT, we never had a solid line....

[quote name="cougar14" post="1412065" timestamp="1370707972"]
I don't care how many points of contention you have, you're mistaken in your assessments. I don't know what these personal issuses you speak of about D. Young but fact of the matter is he was a three star back and received three star offers. These issues had absolutely NOTHING to do with how he was rated. Rivals doesn't care about grades and "issues", they grade football players. Young was an unranked back period. Taylor and Dean both started at least two years and had well over 4000 career yards while DY started started one and had less than 3000 career yards behind the best line of them all. Your thoughts about him are exactly what they are, your thoughts, and please with this total package stuff. The other guys were 4 stars and Dean is 4th on the TCU depth chart. My thoughts echo the sentiment of that first Wednsday in February.

[/quote]

LOL.  The proof is in the pudding brother.    Tim Cornett plays for UNLV, has put up some pretty good numbers in the MWC.    Woods isn't even on D1 roster that i am aware of.  And DY has two years splitting time, putting up similar numbers to Cornett... in a better conference....with arguably a worse team (Illinois) .  You can bump your gums all you want about how much better you think the stock is on the "east side", however you are so far from right on Running Back Young.    Oh, and i never said ANYTHING about grades.  He got accepted into The University of Illinois, a school which is rated higher then The University of Texas Academically.  It wasn't UNT, Miami Ohio, UNLV, etc.  Kids not stupid, kid doesn't have behavioral issues, and kid is far from lacking in talent.    ill say this again, He could of started at North Shore.  Stop being such a homer and open your eyes.

As far as Humble goes.  The district is growing, which means talent pools get diluted.  This happens when districts gut flagships, it happened to Humble in 80's and took us 10 years to recover.  Nothing Humble did caused a loss in enrollment, economics happened.  In 10 years, it will be as if it never happened.  Humble will be fine, and the talent pool will stabilize again.  We have been around since the early 1900's, and play ball since 1916.  We aren't going anywhere, we will have our day in the sun again.  As far as the rest of the district, you can expect all of them to field very strong teams (Much like the klein schools)....When they have 5-6 years of uninterrupted system building.  Its an objective of the Athletic departments, with money at their backs. 

Side note: Kingwood was never any better then average, and they appear to be pretty much the same as they have been since they opened.  I will say this, when they do figure their crap out.  They will be very good.

i also disagree with you on the premise, that someone that grows up in poverty is necessarily hungrier because of his situation.  That may of been true years ago, but statistically speaking it isn't the case anymore.  In fact, their is a greater chance that he is more entitled.  Poor people, today, are proportionally lazier due to a myriad of reasons.  That can all be backed by Socio-demographic case studies.  However, it doesn't mean that a kid without a garage couldn't be hungrier... nor does it mean a kid with a garage is going to be any less hungry. 

Desire, drive, and effort are not bound by your social or economic status.  Its not an accurate assessment to suggest otherwise.  Poverty can be a great motivator if you use it right, but more often than not...its an inhibiter by those that play a victim card.

But we probably shouldn't touch this subject with a ten foot pole. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476