Texas Tech to hire Tubby!!

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1390589" timestamp="1364853833"]
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9121347/texas-tech-red-raiders-hire-tubby-smith-source
[/quote]
DARN!  I was hoping that they would take "Last Knight" back. ;D

[quote name="usedtobe" post="1390599" timestamp="1364854840"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=110724.msg1390589#msg1390589 date=1364853833]
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9121347/texas-tech-red-raiders-hire-tubby-smith-source
[/quote]
DARN!  I was hoping that they would take "Last Knight" back. ;D
[/quote]give him time. young team at Lamar.

I understand Tubby Smith came in to UK when it was a really hot program but it takes a lot to maintain a program like that and he did. All his other jobs he was successful so I expect and hope for the same at Tech. Tech needs not just a quality coach but a quality person. Good hire. I was hoping they picked up Keith Frazier from Kimball HS but he went with ol Larry Brown and SMU.

[quote name="Sfajacks10" post="1390945" timestamp="1364955113"]
I understand Tubby Smith came in to UK when it was a really hot program but it takes a lot to maintain a program like that and he did. All his other jobs he was successful so I expect and hope for the same at Tech. Tech needs not just a quality coach but a quality person. Good hire. I was hoping they picked up Keith Frazier from Kimball HS but he went with ol Larry Brown and SMU.
[/quote] The rumors I kept hearing involving Keith Frazier was getting crazy. (1) He wasn't going to Tech unless Chris Walker was hired as the permanent coach (2) possibility that his high school coach was getting a job at Tech if Frazier committed. Again, I said these were the rumors being spread out there, but still makes for some interesting conversation. Especially after he goes to SMU after the Tubby hire.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1391009" timestamp="1364993294"]
The rumors I kept hearing involving Keith Frazier was getting crazy. (1) He wasn't going to Tech if Chris Walker was hired as the permanent coach (2) possibility that his high school coach was getting a job at Tech if Frazier committed. Again, I said these were the rumors being spread out there, but still makes for some interesting conversation. Especially after he goes to SMU after the Tubby hire.
[/quote]

Funny. The rumors I heard was he would only go to Tech if Walker was named HC.

Hear any rumors on Wanah Bail? Heard he is excited about Tubby. And supposedly Josh Gray hasn't decided what he is going to do but I'm guessing he stays.

[quote name="RuffRaider" post="1391055" timestamp="1365003354"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=110724.msg1391009#msg1391009 date=1364993294]
The rumors I kept hearing involving Keith Frazier was getting crazy. (1) He wasn't going to Tech if Chris Walker was hired as the permanent coach (2) possibility that his high school coach was getting a job at Tech if Frazier committed. Again, I said these were the rumors being spread out there, but still makes for some interesting conversation. Especially after he goes to SMU after the Tubby hire.
[/quote]

Hear any rumors on Wanah Bail? Heard he is excited about Tubby. And supposedly Josh Gray hasn't decided what he is going to do but I'm guessing he stays.
[/quote]ooops! I meant to type..."wasn't going to Tech unless Walker was hired. We are in agreement  ;)

[quote name="RuffRaider" post="1391055" timestamp="1365003354"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=110724.msg1391009#msg1391009 date=1364993294]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Please tell me where you "heard" Wanaah Bail was "excited" about the Tubby Smith hire? ::) ::)...He is currently in SPAIN at Canales Prep...Please tell me where you "heard" that...

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1391083" timestamp="1365008598"]
Please tell me where you "heard" Wanaah Bail was "excited" about the Tubby Smith hire? ::) ::)...He is currently in SPAIN at Canales Prep...Please tell me where you "heard" that...
[/quote]
Wrong word "excited". Heard he passed "congratulations" on to Tubby. Anyone know what's the word with him?

king bail ‏@im2houston 24h

Congratulations to coach tubby smith #gunsup #redraidernation

BTW: Are you all gonna do a shooting camp this summer at MSU?

[quote name="RuffRaider" post="1391089" timestamp="1365009415"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=110724.msg1391083#msg1391083 date=1365008598]
[/quote]
Wrong word "excited". Heard he passed "congratulations" on to some players about Tubby. Anyone know what's the word with him?

[/quote]
Yes we are doing shooting camps, and team camps this summer along with our annual basketball camps..I am trying to get Wanaah HERE!  ;D  Thats why I asked!  8)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1391092" timestamp="1365009535"]
[quote author=RuffRaider link=topic=110724.msg1391089#msg1391089 date=1365009415]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=110724.msg1391083#msg1391083 date=1365008598]
[/quote]
Wrong word "excited". Heard he passed "congratulations" on to some players about Tubby. Anyone know what's the word with him?

[/quote]
Yes we are doing shooting camps, and team camps this summer along with our annual basketball camps..I am trying to get Wanaah HERE!  ;D  Thats why I asked!  8)
[/quote]

Any idea when the camps will be? Thinking about bringing my son. Check your PM.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder