Progress on San Augustine"s new stadium?

Progress is coming along nicely.  Starting to look like a construction site finally.

There was a TON of dirt work to be done.  Directly behind the old stadium was a pretty nice little dropoff that had to be built up, plus a hill that had to be flattened out. 

Hellas came in at the beginning of this week and is working daily.  Slabs for the building are being prepped as I type.  It's coming along nicely right now.  Hard  to really take a picture because there is no where to get up above it and show you the progess thats been made.

There is now dirt in that huge dip!! The stadium is actually moving about 100 yards into those woods that were on the scoreboard end of the stadium.  The new field house will be sitting on about the old 25 yard line.  The new goal line will be pretty close to where the 50 yard line was.  Add in more depth for a track, plus the shot and disc area going on the far end and it is a completely different look now for SA. 

Yesterday they started putting down the layers for the track (lime, followed quickly by limestone soon etc).  Plumbing is going in for the field house, will probably pour the slab for it in the next week or two. 

[quote name="tigerheart" post="1387389" timestamp="1363874008"]
[b]There is now dirt in that huge dip!![/b] The stadium is actually moving about 100 yards into those woods that were on the scoreboard end of the stadium.  The new field house will be sitting on about the old 25 yard line.  The new goal line will be pretty close to where the 50 yard line was.  Add in more depth for a track, plus the shot and disc area going on the far end and it is a completely different look now for SA. 

Yesterday they started putting down the layers for the track (lime, followed quickly by limestone soon etc).  Plumbing is going in for the field house, will probably pour the slab for it in the next week or two.
[/quote]

Now we know why they needed so much money. That was a huge dip lol. Can't wait to see it finished!!

• 2 weeks later...
All the curbing around the track and field is expected to be done this week.  The first layer of rock is done on the track and if the weather cooperates will be done on both the track and the field surface this week.  its starting to look alot like a football stadium in San Augustine!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I can't get the pictures I have small enough for the website, but I can give you an update.  Turf is going down right now, home bleachers are going up right now, about 70-75% of the brickwork on the field house is complete.

Things completed:
All track facilities
Sidewalks
Visiting bleachers
Scoreboard
Press Box Structure
Band Hall Roof

Things still to be finished:
Turf (done within 2 weeks barring weather)
Field house block work (interior and exterior walls; 70-75% complete)
Field house infrastructure
Field house roof (35-40% done)
Fencing
Band Hall structure and infrastructure
Press box infrastructure
Lighting

I'd be surprised if its ready for the deweyville game. The workers seem to act like there is no rush to get things done.  By 3:00 most workers are gone. I don't understand it, yes it's hot but that's what breaks are for.  You were hired to build a football stadium in time for football season. Get it done.  Not midway through football season.

It is going to be quite nice though.  Someone posted some newer photos on smoaky at the following link.  It's further along than those pictures now though

http://www.smoaky.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=136051&page=2

[quote name="DP8036" post="1419515" timestamp="1374026614"]
Wow. Going to be very nice. Wished we would be the first game on it. Hopefully we can but if not I guess we would just play at Deweyville instead?
[/quote]

If it isn't in the new stadium I doubt it gets played in deweyville.  That would be 3 straight years that SA makes the drive down there on Friday night. 

Maybe play somewhere on Saturday? Not real sure what would happen but I bet SA has a contingency plan in case it isn't ready

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder