Triple A Wins State

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1384079" timestamp="1362845985"]
Yeah...a charter school "AAU" program competeing in Class A.... ::) ::)...Dallas area schools are SO DIRTY...They will go to ANY lengths to claim bragging rights over the Houston Area... ::)
[/quote] Ya just gotta love AAU/summer ball.  ;D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1384101" timestamp="1362851816"]
I heard there was some booing going on during the after game activities.
[/quote]There was also booing during their trophy presentation. Mumford received a standing ovation while receiving their 2nd place trophy. There should be a HUGE * next to their name in the record book. 

If triple a sucked nobody would care, just like nobody cares about all the other charters that suck. But since triple a is good, everybody makes a big deal out of it. I do think they should be a 3a but it doesn't matter they won state, end of story.

[quote name="Stephen A Smith" post="1384134" timestamp="1362856609"]
I see no problem with they have a low number of students therefore they are 1A just because they have a Good team shouldn't make the a higher level you get the paperwork approved by UIL

"Seems Legit"
[/quote]
They have a low number because that label "charter" gives them the right to pick who attends their school. Based on anything they want. Looks like basketball skill is one of the boys requirements  ::)

[quote name="The Scout" post="1384139" timestamp="1362858573"]
If triple a sucked nobody would care, just like nobody cares about all the other charters that suck. But since triple a is good, everybody makes a big deal out of it. I do think they should be a 3a but it doesn't matter they won state, end of story.
[/quote]

Lance ARmstrong won a lot of titles but it wound up not being the end of the story.

[quote name="The Scout" post="1384139" timestamp="1362858573"]
[/quote]My point exactly

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1384182" timestamp="1362869397"]
[quote author=The Scout link=topic=110115.msg1384139#msg1384139 date=1362858573]
[/quote]My point exactly
[/quote]

Havent heard anybody complaining about Mumford or Rosenberg Terry or White Oak.  I wonder why?  Maybe they adhere to all the guidelines in the intended manner.

Triple A playing in Class 1A is a complete joke.

I have been going to state tourney since 1972, 42 straight years now. This was the very first time where the championship team got booed when presented their championship trophy.

It is a farce!!

No way that "aau team" can be proud of beating lowly 1A teams for state title.

Complete joke.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1384222" timestamp="1362879134"]
Triple A playing in Class 1A is a complete joke.

I have been going to state tourney since 1972, 42 straight years now. This was the very first time where the championship team got booed when presented their championship trophy.

It is a farce!!

No way that "aau team" can be proud of beating lowly 1A teams for state title.

Complete joke.
[/quote]Amen Bro! I will be writing a lengthy letter to the UIL next week addressing AAA Academy amongst other issues. I encourage others to do the same or nothing will ever change, and it will get worse.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1384233" timestamp="1362880913"]
So, this is really about AAU teams beating high school teams  :o
[/quote]

When 7 of the 11 players for Triple A played on same AAU team, that call's for some questioning of how high school team was assembled. Not your typical high school team, particularly at 1A level.

Just does not seem right that when Houston Strake Jesuit petitioned UIL to play public school sports, UIL told them they could but would have to play at highest classification, 5A, no matter what their enrollment was, but that is not the case with charter schools. TEA backs charter schools and UIL hands are sort of tied with some of the loop holes that allows charter schools to build sports teams like Triple A.

They all should have to play 5A or create their own league.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1384240" timestamp="1362881476"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=110115.msg1384233#msg1384233 date=1362880913]
So, this is really about AAU teams beating high school teams  :o
[/quote]

When 7 of the 11 players for Triple A played on same AAU team, that call's for some questioning of how high school team was assembled. Not your typical high school team, particularly at 1A level.

Just does not seem right that when Houston Strake Jesuit petitioned UIL to play public school sports, UIL told them they could but would have to play at highest classification, 5A, no matter what their enrollment was, but that is not the case with charter schools. TEA backs charter schools and UIL hands are sort of tied with some of the loop holes that allows charter schools to build sports teams like Triple A.

They all should have to play 5A or create their own league.
[/quote]But on the other side, you have charter schools like those in Houston that are ready for 5-A ball.

Dove maybe you will understand one day if your kid goes to a school the coach and program do all tings the right way.  Work hard in off season, teach great life lessons and possibly be good enough to advance to Austin to be a part of such an incredible experience at the state tourney.  But wait, Yates or triple or quadruple a academy are in the reg final waiting. But wait these kids didn't go to that school last year as a matter of fact 4 of the 5 starters were elsewhere last year. Bam! Lil doves hard work commitment and  high school dreams......done!  Why?  Because right now the uil is not doing enough. Bottom line. If anybody denies this fact the just don't get it. Period!  Hopefully after the state champs got booed the ties in Austin now know that their product is flawed...bad. Aau can be pathetic enough but the uil motto about character and sportsmanship has been questioned. Don't tell me nothing can be done. Bottom line.  Find a way to get the integrity of the game back!  Sorry but everybody play by the same rules and I promise there is more satisfaction for the victors at the end of the day! I'm pissed....

[quote name="mfd814" post="1384337" timestamp="1362891191"]
What does Booing kids, whose parents sent them to that school, have to,do with character and sportsmanship ?

I,dont like an entire AAU team on a HS Team,  but it is sad that they boo'd kids.

UIL will take,notice I am sure.
[/quote]Maybe the Boos should have been towards the UIL for allowing them to play in 1A. I will be writing a letter to the UIL on Monday. I encourage Team First and others to do the same.

Via their web site, This is how to contact them:

[email protected]