SLC forces may have won

http://www.12newsnow.com/global/category.asp?c=177961&autostart=true&clipId=8545011

I am sick with disappointment. The same small minds that dropped football are flexing their muscles. Is it the fumes from Mobile behind this mental illness?

[quote name="WOS95" post="1382840" timestamp="1362509677"]
just saw  the  video...didnt hear anywhere that lamar got an invite to the sun belt..
[/quote]You don't need an invite to make it clear you won't accept it.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1382884" timestamp="1362517454"]
LU just got of the Sun Belt a few years ago. Can't compete in SLC yet  ::) ::) ::) ::)
[/quote]And if Lamar was dominating the SLC, then the argument would be why leave a conference we dominate.

Lamar has it's own media market in an area of more than 400,000. SHSU would love to have what we have yet Lamar and Lamar many fans would rather self down Lamar to a Nichols st, SELA, or a SFA. Those schools would not do the same if they were in the the mid-size market and it's own media market. I'm sure Lamar and fans look like Stupid fools in their eyes.

Lamar left the Sun Belt 15 years ago, that's not a "few years" ago, that's a long time ago.  Since when does being competitive matter?  That didn't stop Texas State or Georgia State from joining the Sun Belt.  I don't remember UTSA having a competitive football team in the SLC and now they are in the CUSA.  I'm with UNLV on this one.

I watched the video, really nothing new.  No one from Lamar said they turned down an invite to the Sun Belt.  The guy from the SLC just talked about the new editions to the conference, he didn't say Lamar turned down an invite.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1383054" timestamp="1362547767"]
15 years. Wow. Time flies.q
[/quote]You guys are very short-sighted. Other than F BS, the SBC is nearly a mirror image of the SLC. Lamar moving to the SBC will not see a huge jump in talent outside football. Your fear is unfounded.
However the press Lamar will get in the SBC is priceless. I was living in Las Vegas during the Lamar/SBC years. Lamar games were on the big board at Caesar Palace, every night. SLC then and now are not put on the big board. Lamar doesn't get the big time exposure in the SLC. The exposure gets the better recruits.

I remember Lamar was playing a high ranked school in MBB. They were giving Lamar 28 pts on the spread.
I knew Lamar would get beat, but not by 28. Lamar made a lot of sports fans a lot of money that night.

[quote name="UNLV" post="1383106" timestamp="1362583052"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=109984.msg1383054#msg1383054 date=1362547767]
[/quote]You guys are very short-sighted. Other than F BS, the SBC is nearly a mirror image of the SLC. Lamar moving to the SBC will not see a huge jump in talent outside football. Your fear is unfounded.
However the press Lamar will get in the SBC is priceless. I was living in Las Vegas during the Lamar/SBC years. Lamar games were on the big board at Caesar Palace, every night. SLC then and now are not put on the big board. Lamar doesn't get the big time exposure in the SLC. The exposure gets the better recruits.

I remember Lamar was playing a high ranked school in MBB. They were giving Lamar 28 pts on the spread.
I knew Lamar would get beat, but not by 28. Lamar made a lot of sports fans a lot of money that night.
[/quote]Did the spread help fill the stands and get good recruits?

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1383124" timestamp="1362585988"]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=109984.msg1383106#msg1383106 date=1362583052]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=109984.msg1383054#msg1383054 date=1362547767]

[/quote]nope.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1383124" timestamp="1362585988"]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=109984.msg1383106#msg1383106 date=1362583052]

[/quote]Heck yes. Recruits in the SBC days were much better than Lamar is getting in the SLC. Lamar left the SBC as a middle to low SBC team then won the SLC tourney for the NCAA in the first year. AM-CC did the same. New schools never bring the SLC up, the SLC brings them down. You have to be short sighted not to see that trend.

I hope Lamar moves up too, UNLV...ur not alone in wanting lamar to move up..but obviously its not in the cards right now...i think whats worse than anything, is that football team has gotten off to a terrible start...I think the bigger question should be is Ray Woodard the right man for the job to make lamar football competitive?...i agree with you that we dont have to win first to move up..but if were not moving up..we dang sure better start winning more football games, or the attendance will continue to suffer..and i go to every home game and believe me, it is suffering.

[quote name="WOS95" post="1383298" timestamp="1362664686"]
I hope Lamar moves up too, UNLV...ur not alone in wanting lamar to move up..but obviously its not in the cards right now...i think whats worse than anything, is that football team has gotten off to a terrible start...I think the bigger question should be is Ray Woodard the right man for the job to make lamar football competitive?...i agree with you that we dont have to win first to move up..but if were not moving up..we dang sure better start winning more football games, or the attendance will continue to suffer..and i go to every home game and believe me, it is suffering.
[/quote]If a FBS Lamar was 3-6, would not PUS bring in a packed house if the next game was against Okie st or Baylor?  The answer is yes even if we all knew Lamar was going to lose.

If Lamar could move up when Lamar felt it was time to move up, I would not stress so much. However, this is not a Lamar decision to pick and choose a time to go FBS. However again, Lamar can choose not to ever move up. 

[quote name="UNLV" post="1383371" timestamp="1362675443"]
[quote author=WOS95 link=topic=109984.msg1383298#msg1383298 date=1362664686]
[/quote]If a FBS Lamar was 3-6, would not PUS bring in a packed house if the next game was against Okie st or Baylor?  The answer is yes even if we all knew Lamar was going to lose.

If Lamar could move up when Lamar felt it was time to move up, I would not stress so much. However, this is not a Lamar decision to pick and choose a time to go FBS. However again, Lamar can choose not to ever move up.
[/quote]One sold out game  ::)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1383414" timestamp="1362681271"]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=109984.msg1383371#msg1383371 date=1362675443]
[quote author=WOS95 link=topic=109984.msg1383298#msg1383298 date=1362664686]

[/quote]One sold out game  ::)
[/quote]Is not that one game sold out against Ok. st better than a small crowd to see Bacone?

Just to make it clear I only reported Lamar isn't on the move yet. Chris came by to talk about the new members. He even added he thinks there is another big shift in conferences coming up off camera. That is the same term Jason Henderson told me as well. The Sun Belt did request some things on multiple schools including Lamar. So many rumors when in reality most of the rumors are false or just message board stuff.

• 1 month later...
[quote name="jdcurran235" post="1392811" timestamp="1365537790"]
Has anyone talked to Jason Henderson in awhile.  Wonder if anything has changed.
[/quote]Lamar is either confident or hiding under the desk after once again being the clowns of all the NCAA.

[quote name="UNLV" post="1394925" timestamp="1366155671"]
[quote author=jdcurran235 link=topic=109984.msg1392811#msg1392811 date=1365537790]
Has anyone talked to Jason Henderson in awhile.  Wonder if anything has changed.
[/quote]Lamar is either confident or hiding under the desk after once again being the clowns of all the NCAA.
[/quote]LOL!! You are diehard LU.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1395249" timestamp="1366208198"]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=109984.msg1394925#msg1394925 date=1366155671]
[quote author=jdcurran235 link=topic=109984.msg1392811#msg1392811 date=1365537790]
[/quote]LOL!! You are diehard LU.
[/quote]I wont be for long if Lamar mess this up. The question is why would the SBC take no one and lose money before taking Lamar?  something ain't right with this picture.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder