1970
Members-
Posts
1,165 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
1
Everything posted by 1970
-
FINAL — Almeta Crawford 28 at Port Neches-Groves 23 — Discussion
1970 replied to SETXsports's topic in High School Football
PNG gave that game away on a silver plate. All teams have dropped passes, both off and def, and such, but typically it just costs you a down. For PNG so far this season it costs TDs. But anyway, 4 interceptions, you need to win that game. Now, on to our w.a. district. -
FINAL — Almeta Crawford 28 at Port Neches-Groves 23 — Discussion
1970 replied to SETXsports's topic in High School Football
They didn't get a lot of calls tonight. -
FINAL — Almeta Crawford 28 at Port Neches-Groves 23 — Discussion
1970 replied to SETXsports's topic in High School Football
Got one. Maybe get the focus back now. -
FINAL — Almeta Crawford 28 at Port Neches-Groves 23 — Discussion
1970 replied to SETXsports's topic in High School Football
C.J. is pretty mad. -
FINAL — HSI 0 at Hardin-Jefferson 83 — Discussion
1970 replied to SETXsports's topic in High School Football
I had to Google HSI. Harmony School of Innovation? With campuses in multiple cities. The Sugarland campus may have been where kids ate illegal THC gummies a while back. -
FINAL — Almeta Crawford 28 at Port Neches-Groves 23 — Discussion
1970 replied to SETXsports's topic in High School Football
There's a hole there but Henry ain't hitting it. -
FINAL — Almeta Crawford 28 at Port Neches-Groves 23 — Discussion
1970 replied to SETXsports's topic in High School Football
Dang, shoulda be ours on the kickoff, shoulda been an interception, shoulda been a penalty, and then FB scores. -
FINAL — HSI 0 at Hardin-Jefferson 83 — Discussion
1970 replied to SETXsports's topic in High School Football
Wow, man. -
Well, 12 ain't too good, but at least I got Orangefield right .
-
Thanks. Btw I see my results in the week 1 list, but not the week 2 list. I could have sworn I beat the lock last week.
-
FINAL — Deer Park 45 at Kingwood 7 — Discussion
1970 replied to SETXsports's topic in High School Football
Sounds like a pretty hard game to watch. Good luck to DP going forward. I've helped put out fires and maybe even rappelled from the DP fire building behind the baseball field. I never knew they were big in football. -
Hull Daisetta???/H-D has canceled their season
1970 replied to 05Panther52's topic in High School Football
Dang, man, that's just sad. I remember hearing about HD back in the late 70s. Times change, sometimes. -
FINAL — Liberty 24 at Anahuac 36 — Discussion
1970 replied to SETXsports's topic in High School Football
How's the Anahuac QB doing tonight. -
On the official pick-ums? How do you do that, I cant edit my posts after just a few minutes.
-
Hull Daisetta???/H-D has canceled their season
1970 replied to 05Panther52's topic in High School Football
Dang, I had them picked over Louise. Didn't know anything about either, except that both were 0-2. -
Week-3 Port Arthur Memorial at Lufkin Predictions
1970 replied to Mr. Buddy Garrity's topic in High School Football
PAM, 30 - 10. Somewhere in that 30 will be a safety. -
Ok I'll take Deweyville, 19 - 12. Btw where is the high school located? And the stadium? Does Deweyville still play Starks? Many many years ago I was with a couple of friends and we stopped at a place just across the river from Deweyville called the Sabine Club. We were teenagers but they let us in, and there was a wedding reception going on, with a live band, champagne and all, and we all managed to stay out of trouble that night.
-
Week 3 - Locks Friday @ 7pm 1. Atascocita at Dickenson 2. Clear Creek at Channelview 3. Fort Bend Marshall at Crosby 4. Summer Creek at North Crowley 5. Baytown Sterling at New Caney 6. PA Memorial at Lufkin 7. West Brook at Goose Creek Memorial 8. Almeda Crawford at Port Neches-Groves 9. Huntsville at Lake Belton 10. Rosenburg Terry at Spring Woods 11. Navasota at Vidor 12. Silsbee at Nederland 13. Buna at Huntington 14. East Chambers at St. Pius X 15. Tarkington at Trinity 16. Tatum at Diboll 17. Waco Connally at Fairfield 18. Warren at West Hardin 19. Woodville at Orangefield 20. De Kalb at Garrison 21. Corrigan-Camden at Shelbyville 22. Lovelady at Timpson 23. Evadale at Cushing 24. Louise at Hull-Daisetta 25. Oakwood at Chester FREEBIE
-
There was a coach at PNG named Moe, back when I was there. Moe O'Brian, who later went to coach at McNeese. I was complaining about a lost fumble during a game once, commenting on how the other team was lucky. Coach O'Brian wheeled around, looked at me and said, "you make your own luck, son". It was a good lesson.
-
Ok I wasn't looking at that, but at the rankings that they post on this site. Also Ive just noticed that they were 4a last season and 5a this season. They beat WOS in a close game last season. Regardless, I watched some of the Freeman game on TL, and they are good indeed. We'll see how it goes this Friday.
-
Ok, I keep seeing Boerne #2. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong dctf rankings. Not that I put too much store in the rankings.
-
Wait... They're ranked #2? For 5a-DII?
-
PNG will pull it out. Should be a good game.
-
What Week 3 game(s) will you be attending?
1970 replied to AggiesAreWe's topic in High School Football
PNG - FB Crawford, Lord willing. Btw I've heard that the food is pretty good at HF. I plan to try it sometime this season. -
WOS by a lot. All best wishes to the injured BC wr.