Jump to content

1970

Members
  • Posts

    1,165
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by 1970

  1. Well, it'd be easy to say that the 3rd quarter is PNG's nemesis so far this season, we've been outscored by a total of 68-14 per MaxPrep box scores. But the truth is that we're a smaller team all-around, and just a good team this year, and struggling to be any more than that. It'll make for an interesting district race. Always a good competitor, but last night we were over matched, unlike any game I've seen since the SOC game in '24. When and if we clean up some mistakes, and the o-line develops, then we'll be better. There was one play where it looked like our whole o-line just stood straight up, and a defender came straight through to tackle the QB, like a play you'd see at the peewee level. The D-lineman that played against the Brenham left tackle (6' -7", ~275 or so) did the best he could I guess, but the D-line as a whole really struggled more than any game I've seen so far this year. Will they bounce back and make it a race in district? We'll see.
  2. Brenham team reminds me of the '22 and '23 PNG teams.
  3. Coach J said that's what got PNG's 8 false starts last week, basically.
  4. Yeah, tackle with the face mask? It's ok.
  5. [Hidden Content] It doesnt appear to be on yet
  6. Maybe.
  7. 1. Humble at Atascocita 2. Kingwood at CE King 3. North Shore at Crosby 4. Goose Creek Memorial at La Porte 5. Lufkin at Baytown Sterling 6. New Caney at Beaumont United 7. Galena Park at Huffman 8. Nederland at Fort Bend Crawford 9. Port Neches-Groves at Brenham 10. Rosenburg Terry at Santa Fe 11. Fort Bend Kemper at Texas City 12. Montgomery at Lake Creek 13. Houston Austin at Livingston 14. Hamshire-Fannett at Stafford 15. Jasper at Woodville 16. Madisonville at Shepherd 17. Silsbee at Bridge City 18. Kirbyville at Diboll 19. Orangefield at Little Cypress-Mauriceville 20. Crockett at Tatum 21. Mexia at Fairfield 22. West Rusk at Garrison 23. Hemphill at Huntington 24. Grand Saline at Joaquin 25. San Augustine at West Sabine
  8. Should have been 5, and the one dropped came at the worst time, and ended up making a huge difference. Sometimes it's the small things, and the timing, that wins or loses ball games. And this game may end up being closer than everyone thinks.
  9. Yeah, Vidor.
  10. They've been regular ever since the completely undefeated 1946 season. Just ask my father in law, he was on that team.
  11. I may do the same. Friday night I'll have PNG-Brenham online, while scanning this site looking at updates.
  12. i predict PAM by several scores, but still, they better be on their toes. Ball, and Texas City too, seem to be teams that will have a great game and sneak up on you.
  13. Yeah, I'm glad they finally got PNG off that list. Too much distraction, and I don't think being ranked 11 or 12 is a bad thing headed towards district after this Friday.
  14. PNG, presuming they clean up their act after last Friday.
  15. Crawford 28-14.
  16. Anyone can beat anyone, though there's always odds. All it takes is 8 or 9 false starts, offsides, USCs, some bad coaching decisions, and a few dropped passes, just to mention a few things. Re FBC, I imagine the coaches will do all they can to keep the team from having a big let down next week, whatever day they play. I expect a good tough game from the Bulldogs.
  17. All after my time. I saw brownies once, when I was at Lamar in the early 70s. Innovative indeed.
  18. Yeah I was remembering the '22 FBM game last night in fact. Before the playoff game the FBM coach commented that it's hard to beat the same team twice. It was a good game last night as expected, but PNG got way too sloppy in the 2nd half. And I agree with Frodo's sentiment re the play calling at the end of the game. Sloppy as we were, we still should have won that game, with all due respect to Crawford, they're a very good team indeed.
  19. +1 ... if you're sayin what I think you're sayin.
  20. Oh yeah. Wishful thinking I guess. BTW, is it just me, or does Henry seem much slower to the LOS this season? Maybe he just misses the big O-Lines of the past.
×
×
  • Create New...