-
Posts
2,832 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
3
Everything posted by Tigers94
-
*Post 2026-27 Boys Basketball Schedules here*
Tigers94 replied to AggiesAreWe's topic in High School Boys Basketball
[Hidden Content] -
I think North Crowley is a lock for D2. Allen obviously isn't. That DeSoto game could have been worse. They called off the dogs late in the 3rd.
-
Waxahachie - 27 Coppell - 24
-
Randle was lucky to get past Westfield. If their goal is state, they need to do more on offense than just hand the ball to Williams-Callis. Westfield's defense up front dominated them all night.
-
Really it was a little worse than I thought it would be in Silsbee. I never lost power, but that makes me one of the lucky ones from what I'm hearing. Verizon just came back on about half an hour ago.
-
Districts Cancelling or Delaying Due To Tropical Disturbance
Tigers94 replied to oldman's topic in High School Football
Storm is supposed to come in at 1pm last I checked. I'd hope Silsbee uses some common sense and ends school early. -
What team from Texas would you send to play STA in Florida?
Tigers94 replied to pakronos's topic in High School Football
This is how you beat all star private schools when you're a public, by the way. Personally I want to see Texas compete for bragging rights to the best football in the country. Some people are okay with Texas staying in its insular-like little world. That's fine also. It's just a difference of opinions. Right now we're not even in the top 3 from what I've seen. -
What team from Texas would you send to play STA in Florida?
Tigers94 replied to pakronos's topic in High School Football
Some of y'all just want to see Carthage get a 60 piece put on them lol. -
What team from Texas would you send to play STA in Florida?
Tigers94 replied to pakronos's topic in High School Football
I believe Allen is supposed to be really loaded the next few years. Let STA pay a visit to Eagle stadium since Allen doesn't do out of state, I don't believe. -
I heard about this, but it looks a lot worse actually seeing it. I'm glad they got their butts whipped. Somebody should teach these kids sportsmanship isn't a crime. Texas also needs to stop with the excuses when losing out of state games. A public school just beat the #1 team in the nation this week. Maybe Texas just isn't that good when compared to states like Florida, California, and Georgia.
-
Rest when you need to and plenty of water would be a better option. Problem is, some kids don't want to look "weak" by needing to sit down and cool off for a few minutes. Coaches would have to mandate things to an extent.
-
Not that it would have made a big difference, but a few kids didn't even make the TABC due to summer vacation. They may actually have 5 or 6 freshmen on the roster this year. #3 will definitely be the one to watch.
-
UIL on shot clock usage
Tigers94 replied to Mr. Buddy Garrity's topic in High School Boys Basketball
Good. Hopefully it'll be fully implemented in a few years. They should have sent them film from that Silsbee/Lumberton game from a few years ago. No more trash basketball. -
Incoming freshman class looked pretty good at the Kountze Summer League. There's of course still plenty of rough edges, but they handled business. Good news is the one kid I was worried about leaving to play elsewhere appears to be staying put.
-
Looks like Jacob is a WOS Mustang now.
-
How would you rank SETX Past State Championship Teams
Tigers94 replied to Boogy1000's topic in High School Boys Basketball
Will only speak for Silsbee here, but in my opinion, the 2016 - 2017 Tiger team is number one in SHS history. Think about it: they lost one of their best players, Devin McCain, and STILL went on to win state. Some may argue the mid 90s Silsbee team that was upset by Chapel Hill is the GOAT, but the bottom line is they didn't win anything. -
Silsbee 65 Houston Yates 82/FINAL
Tigers94 replied to AggiesAreWe's topic in High School Boys Basketball
It was a good season for the Tigers, considering what they had to work with. They made it as far as they realistically could. They played hard for their new coach and never quit, which is a good sign. I thought Yates might put up a 30 or 40 piece on us. I'd honestly be a little worried that this game was a fight in the first half if I'm a Lions fan and making to state is the goal. Silsbee was only a decent team at their best this year. Most of the productive players from this squad will graduate. Next season is going to feel like a true reboot. They're gonna have a bunch of baby kittens out there playing; very ferocious kittens, but still kittens. -
Bridge City 71 Houston Washington 62/FINAL
Tigers94 replied to AggiesAreWe's topic in High School Boys Basketball
So is there any good reason why BC can't make it to state now? -
Bridge City vs. Houston Washington
Tigers94 replied to BC1568's topic in High School Boys Basketball
Playing Washington will be like playing a Silsbee team from a few years ago. BC could occasionally make the Tigers sweat for one half of basketball back then. Their problem was giving out in the second half and the 3s would stop falling. If they can play well for all 4 quarters, they might have a small chance of pulling off an upset I say BTW by 10 though. -
Silsbee vs Yates Area Round Playoffs
Tigers94 replied to SportsJunkie32's topic in High School Boys Basketball
Yates thrives off the press and turnovers. Silsbee has not done a good job of taking care of the ball this year, and they're not going to magically morph into a different team by Friday. That's a recipe for a potential disaster. Yates by 20+