Jump to content

Tiger90

SETXsports Staff
  • Posts

    1,463
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Tiger90

  1. Silsbee's future is definitely bright. Next year will be a young squad. If they click next year they will be good for quite a while. I have been high on Johnson for a few years now. He has the ability to be special.
  2. I know WH has had a great season but how will they match up to the size and speed of WOS? WH have much size and speed to match? I have not seen them play. No disrespect but what does WOS really get from this game? If they win "they were supposed to" if they lose it is a major spring board for WH and setback for the preseason 3A district favorite. It is a win-win deal for WH.
  3. If Silsbee is to be considered down it will only be for a year or so. There is a lot of size and speed on the way up.
  4. That was a great game. Milby was #1 in 5A and ranked in the nation. Some Kountze fans wanted Sutherland's head because they lost. It was crazy.
  5. Where is kvilleballa? 8) I'm sure he would enlighten us on who will be the best.
  6. I would say Sutherland. He won the toughest overall district in the area.
  7. lol.....not upset and they did play for the district title and lost. Better not get too cocky HJ hasn't gotten out of the early rounds in a few years. I wish Todd well. I know Todd and the missus reads this, so 'da Guru says hi.
  8. Why even post a thread if you are not willing to give any possible details? ???
  9. Jeremy can become a tremendous athlete. He has the good speed and size (heightwise). I am very high on the possibilities he brings and will bring for the next 3 years.
  10. I'd rather have a losing football team over a losing basketball team to follow. Honestly though, we have some solid talent locally that could help jumpstart the program.
  11. It very well may be Roc's first year but it is not like he is brand new to the situation. He was Tubb's right hand man and did the recruiting. These kids are basically his in roughly the same scheme Tubbs was running. It's not looking good. For years Lamar has always held their reputation and program goals on the late 70s and early 80s (and still do). All throughout the late 80s and 90s Lamar would track down and throw money at anyone connected to Tubbs (Newell) in an attempt to get back to those glory years. After years of begging and pleading the man himself returns. Only problem is the game has changed and those kids Lamar was once able to get are no where to be found. So now Lamar grabbed and used who they thought would fix the situation to no avail. Has Lamar finally hit the bottom with no answers? If the Northwestern States can get the kids and be able to compete why can't Lamar?
  12. Latest I was told is it will be Jeremy's spot to lose. I was also told they are looking at a more spread oriented offense with more passing.....not too many kids want to take the beating of the veer qb. I'll throw out a Chris Castle at rb. Once the current freshman and middle school kids get some seasoning they are going to be very very good.
  13. How about we cut the capslock off, the lingo, and just accept the loss. It obviously was a good game but HJ just played better last night. Silsbee is in the playoffs and should finish better than their predistrict prediction. Don't make the Tigers look bad by being a bad sport and placing the blame on others.
  14. The part I question is the soccer only field? Do other schools use their football stadiums or do they have their own field? If they share stadiums I hope LU uses their monies wisely and builds a new fb stadium to be used with soccer as well. They are running out of room on the current campus.
  15. Silsbee's varsity is actually a bit down this year compared to what is on the horizon. The freshman and 8th grade teams are loaded with talent (speed and size). Not to be biased or anything but Silsbee's bball program is on the verge of something special.
  16. First Silsbee now WOS....KV has athletes are they not playing bball?
  17. What is sad is the kid could have been at LU last year if he wouldn't have gone Tulsa. I know Billy was high on him.
  18. ....and yet, basketball is king at LU. After being televised regionally and getting killed by (no disrespect) SHSU, why would any prospective player really want to go to LU? The same calibre kids LU could get would pick SHSU or the ilk first.
  19. I dunno about 100 years. Was it last season or the year before where we split games? Looks like Silsbee finally could be getting the chemistry right.
  20. Good post and an "applaud" for you. 8)
  21. I guess I do not understand this. ??? It was OT, so yes it was close.
  22. I guess I missed the post, but it looked like Sutherland was getting bashed? I worked with Todd for several years. He is a stand up guy with high standards and morals. If he only cared about winning he would have never left Kountze, he knew what was there. It doesn't pain me to see Silsbee trounce HJ however.
  23. It kind of has already. You do not see the kids out for the sports they way you used to. If the coaches were as tough now as they were then you wouldn't have any kids out. I have seen great athletic kids refuse to participate in sports because "I don't want to have all of that practice", "All they are going to do is lose so why bother", "There ain't nobody who is going to holler at me and disrespect me", and the list goes on and on. In terms of basketball, the game has changed so much. It isn't about finesse and being fundamentally sound. It is about being physical. Years ago a dunk was considered an insult and disrespectful towards your opponent. Nowadays it is all some can do. You look at Shaq, if you take him 3 feet away from the rim he can't do anything, but he pushes folks around and dunks. I thoroughly enjoyed growing up watching the Lakers/Celtics. You had Bird's shooting and Kareem's hook shot. It was entertaining. Now the entire sport has become playground ball IMO.
×
×
  • Create New...