Jump to content

Tiger90

SETXsports Staff
  • Posts

    1,463
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Tiger90

  1. Personally I would be happy with being 3rd. Just to make the playoffs with this young squad would be great. Whether Silsbee wins district or barely scraps by, they still play the DI opponent.
  2. That would definitely change the complexion of the whole thing. If true surely at some point tongues will begin flapping and info leaks out.
  3. This is ridiculous. Just as I said to someone in another conversation......all a school board or superintendent really needs to do is go to (insert stadium here) and find section E, row 15, and talk to seat # 13 or #17. I'm sure whoever this individual is surely must have more superior knowledge than any scrub coach possibly could.
  4. Didn't look like the poster had in any way acted like some of the Kirbyville folks. He merely stated he felt "I think they have a shot ". No jabs were made, no derogatory statements about the other team, no nonsense, it was just a regular post.
  5. Well this season is a wash with this season's kids signing in February '08. The '08 hs season signs in Feb '09 and the '09 hs season Feb '10. I do not have anything confused. LU would have to announce something before the year is out. Then a coaching search begins. The head coach then has to assemble his assistants before any recruiting occurs. Those sorts of things do not just happen quickly if LU is serious and wants an impactful coach. There are only 2 springs to legitimately get kids.
  6. 2010 is becoming too optimistic. There has got to be time for facility improvements, coaching search, and allowing those coaches to recruit. Recruiting begins with jrs. in high school. So basically we're looking at the '09 hs season as being "the" year/group with next season as the beginning of recruiting. Of course LU will have several jr. college guys, but still the time is now or this magical 2010 can't/won't happen.
  7. Wow......great and intellectual follow up. Silsbee has the potential, but definitely needs to continue improving on the fundamentals.(holding onto the ball and tackling)
  8. Ours can be special. BC will get their act together. Young kids, new coach,new scheme it will just take a bit.
  9. What's your impression of our super sophs (qb Johnson and rb Barnes)?
  10. As bad as those stats look this game wasn't even that close. There were so many tds and big plays called back it was unreal. I do not usually say negative things about the refs but my goodness were the rags being thrown for some tic-tac nonsense tonight. BC played hard and that #4 was a warrior, but he was feeling it by games end. The score could easily have been in the high 60s to 70s if it wasn't for those flags.
  11. My senior year Silsbee beat the #2 ranked Jasper Bulldogs. Best Silsbee upset I personally like was '97 when Silsbee beat WOS and proceeded to make it to the q-finals against Lamarque.
  12. ??? Just looking at the list, is Lamar at 100? If so I don't get the very good class thing what is the big deal? How many schools are we dealing with?
  13. The Silsbee 8th gradeA is a very fun team to watch. They have a few kids who could be special in a few years. Is it in BC or Silsbee this week?
  14. It got ugly pretty quick. OF looks very young and didn't have much depth. They have a couple kids who just wouldn't quit and made a few big stops. OF just couldn't get any real offense going. It was late before they even crossed the 50 I believe. Silsbee came out in more of a spread/shotgun offense that paid big dividends. They also rotated 2 qbs in different formations. Big confidence booster for a young Silsbee squad heading into district. Good luck OF.
  15. KV vs Jasper has become a very bitter rivalry over the past 4 years.
  16. It is good to see the spirit it truly is. We've been missing it for years. My understanding after reading this is only a couple of the "30+ scrubs" have reserved seating. Honestly, I do not see where the "scrubs" have any room to complain or be upset. Most are not where they should be to begin with. A very nice student section was put on the west end of the stadium. At that location not only would the players see your spirit but the entire Silsbee faithful. I have tickets in the "old people" section, but not close to you guys. I just get to hear how "great" of coaches some fans are and how they'd know how to really coach the players. <sarcasm>
  17. It is really simple. Kountze has not made the playoffs since the early 70s. At one point they led the state with the longest losing streak. Beating up on smaller schools regardless of how a preseason ranking had them ranked means nothing. It is good to see these wins give the boys confidence and maybe just maybe they are building on something. Kountze has to win when it counts to get the proverbial "monkey off their backs". I was in Kountze for years and there were a few times when they started the season strong but faltered when it counted. If Kountze wants to shed their "basketball school" image come back here in week 9 or 10 when they are trying to figure who their first round opponent may be.
  18. Forget some trumped up computer program that the programmer likes to think can predict game outcomes. Name one 5A school that a 1A school can beat.
  19. I never predicted. I actually told Coop pregame all PNG had to do was run it down the middle and they'd win. I never envisioned the number of turnovers however. Noone can win with those.
  20. Nice....and you moderate trash talk around here.
  21. The spread is a "sexy" offense IF you have the athletes. Offenses can put up gaudy stats and look unstoppable until that other team has speed as well. Easiest way to stop the spread is keep the opposing team off of the field. It is hard to beat an "I" formation and just ram it down the opposing team's throat. You may not get the big score or the long plays but if your guys can block it is a steady 5 yards a pop. Going into the 4 th quarter defenses are beat. I always remembered PNG doing the "I" well. Less talented teams can stay in games longer if they utilize a well coached/disciplined "I". I believe a certain team last year would have prefered a couple "I" formations rather than the spread when they were within the 10 yard line.
  22. Wow. I knew he was playing well but didn't realize his passing was quite that good. Not bad for a little old sophomore scrub at qb.
  23. Should be a close game. If PNG watched the game film all they have to do is run down the middle. By the time the rb is touched he should have 5 yards. PNG will have their hands full with the young backs Silsbee has. If they can hold onto the ball they are tough to get down.
  24. Well what can you say for someone who doesn't remember the history between Lincoln and Silsbee. I remember the packed gyms for district championships, the perennial state rankings,an unheard of undefeated regular season, numerous playoff and state tourney trip, and legendary coaches. I guess since Silsbee doesn't have a so-called basketball tradition those never happened. It is sad to see some of this nonsense about HJ. They have obviously been successful and Todd is a good coach and has earned everything he has gotten, but contrary to the '91 HJ basketball clique there is more to this area than just HJ.
  25. I guess that each district committee should go down to the local trophy shop and get each team a little trophy for being "good sports" at the end of each season. Hey it worked in little league, maybe we can get an ice cream at the Dairy Queen after the game as well.
×
×
  • Create New...