Drones

WOSdrummer99

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Last week, as I watched a someone flying a drone over the area. The police arrived quickly and stopped to question him. Then while exiting the neighborhood, he noticed me outside. Stopped and asked if I had seen more drones recently. I said yes and that some have been rather low and directly over my property recently. He said 2 months ago a teenage girl, one road over, reported a drone flying outside of her window at night. That's about the same time I started this topic. They've been watching the skies around more than I knew. I told him I've been seeing a lot of them lately but never more than 2 at a time. And I know they are coming from certain houses. He said when there is a reported incident, it's hard to prove unless there is witness to the drone during that certain time fame. Now that I know the dangerous nature of at least one of these hobbyist, I won't hesitate to notify them next time.

I also saw this a few days ago...

This is the hidden content, please

• 3 months later...
On 1/1/2021 at 5:17 PM, Hagar said:

People have restrictions on what we do, say, and go, but drones have virtually none.  What’s wrong with this picture?

Exactly what do you mean by no restrictions? Drones have some of the most restrictive laws out there and I believe Texas has the most restrictive drone laws in the United States.

just like speeding, there is a law in place but people get away with it all the time. For every person that gets a speeding ticket there are probably 1000 people speeding at that time that will not get a ticket.

34 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

Exactly what do you mean by no restrictions? Drones have some of the most restrictive laws out there and I believe Texas has the most restrictive drone laws in the United States.

just like speeding, there is a law in place but people get away with it all the time. For every person that gets a speeding ticket there are probably 1000 people speeding at that time that will not get a ticket.

I’m not familiar with the Laws on Drones in Tx.  As I understand it, if a person is in your yard peaking in your daughters window, you can shoot him.  If a drone is flying outside the window, doing the same thing, can you shoot the drone?  

4 hours ago, Hagar said:

I’m not familiar with the Laws on Drones in Tx.  As I understand it, if a person is in your yard peaking in your daughters window, you can shoot him.  If a drone is flying outside the window, doing the same thing, can you shoot the drone?  

Uhhhhh..... no.

You can’t legally use deadly force to stop someone from trespassing, much less a class C ( think traffic citation) offense. 

14 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

Uhhhhh..... no.

You can’t legally use deadly force to stop someone from trespassing, much less a class C ( think traffic citation) offense. 

The things I don’t know would fill a book.  A Library. 😄

Basically instead of dealing with the problem with a shotgun .....simple solution.....

govt has now made it to were you have to spend money and time thru lawyers to deal with individuals who who would do such things as taking pictures with drones in order for them to pay a consequence that more than likely would just be a slap on the wrist

But yet the person living on there own property minding there own business gets charged with a federal crime.

and this is why I live in the middle of woods