Colmesneil at West Hardin

Colmesneil vs. West Hardin  

20 members have voted

1. 1. who ya got

• Colmesneil
    • West Hardin

10 minutes ago, hoops784 said:

Basing your prediction on this one common opponent is a mistake.  Look at other games Colmesneil has played as well.  Didn't just play Grapeland pretty tough, they also had a chance to beat Deweyville earlier in the year.  Not saying Dville is great but I'd say they're a lot better than West Hardin. I mean they beat Kelly, who shut out Evadale, who put up 45 on the Oilers

This^

I don't care who wins one way or another, but I know who I would be more worried to play this point in the season. And it's not the Oilers 

2 minutes ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

Grapeland had more to do with that game last week than anything Colmesneil did.......WE dogged Deweyville with starters v starters in game situation 24-0 in a half.......you are going to be one very disappointed individual after the game tonight......

I don't think so.  I guess anything is possible though

5 hours ago, hoops784 said:

Basing your prediction on this one common opponent is a mistake.  Look at other games Colmesneil has played as well.  Didn't just play Grapeland pretty tough, they also had a chance to beat Deweyville earlier in the year.  Not saying Dville is great but I'd say they're a lot better than West Hardin. I mean they beat Kelly, who shut out Evadale, who put up 45 on the Oilers

WH beat Dville in preseason scrimmage by a lot 

5 hours ago, hoops784 said:

WH put up 35 on evadale as well and pretty much controlled the game until two mistakes which evadale scores on. Other than that WH marched up and down the field at will.

Just now, WH34 said:

WH put up 35 on evadale as well and pretty much controlled the game until two mistakes which evadale scores on. Other than that WH marched up and down the field at will.

Didn't Evadale have 2 pick sixes called back before half on that game? 

1 minute ago, 9 Minutes said:

Didn't Evadale have 2 pick sixes called back before half on that game? 

That's true, could've been 5 scores to 1 in Evadale's favor without those 2 penalties (questionable calls at that). But that's not what this thread is about... 

3 minutes ago, WH34 said:

Nope. One pick six. WH had a stupid penalty with fourth and one foot on the goal line. Backed em up 15, ran back to the five before turning it over. Then fumbled at evadale five when they should’ve scored again.

No you're right, the second one was only for a 40 or 50 yard return. The refs were horrible at that game on both sides

I do not live in the WH area anymore and do not know the ins and outs of what happened while he was there or what led to him going to Colmesneil, but I did go to school with Cody and have kept in contact with him over the years and know he is a good coach who cares about the kids he is coaching and he is also a good man. I will undoubtedly catch some snide comments and remarks saying that I don't know the details of the situation and all that but what I do know is one thing; WH athletics will never get over the hump until parents stop making their kids victims or saying said kid doesn't play because so and so doesn't like them and realize the best kids will play, high school athletics isn't something to relive your failures and shortcomings through your kid, and sadly, a bunch of parents and kids out there do not want their kids to be coached hard. It was that way when I was there, was probably that way before, and from everything I hear, is that way more than ever now. There are a lot of great people in that community and there are a lot of great kids out there, there seems to just be a victim mentality instilled into some kids and some kids are taught that they are the best by being decent in small school youth sports which is laughable to me. I guess that's why the WOS and Newton's of the world are great year after year, they work their tails off year round, buy into tough coaching, and play for their teammates above themselves. Now onto the game, WH should win but Cody will have his kids ready. 30-22 WH is my prediction.

29 minutes ago, Hook'em said:

I do not live in the WH area anymore and do not know the ins and outs of what happened while he was there or what led to him going to Colmesneil, but I did go to school with Cody and have kept in contact with him over the years and know he is a good coach who cares about the kids he is coaching and he is also a good man. I will undoubtedly catch some snide comments and remarks saying that I don't know the details of the situation and all that but what I do know is one thing; WH athletics will never get over the hump until parents stop making their kids victims or saying said kid doesn't play because so and so doesn't like them and realize the best kids will play, high school athletics isn't something to relive your failures and shortcomings through your kid, and sadly, a bunch of parents and kids out there do not want their kids to be coached hard. It was that way when I was there, was probably that way before, and from everything I hear, is that way more than ever now. There are a lot of great people in that community and there are a lot of great kids out there, there seems to just be a victim mentality instilled into some kids and some kids are taught that they are the best by being decent in small school youth sports which is laughable to me. I guess that's why the WOS and Newton's of the world are great year after year, they work their tails off year round, buy into tough coaching, and play for their teammates above themselves. Now onto the game, WH should win but Cody will have his kids ready. 30-22 WH is my prediction.

Lot of truth in this post