Fort Bend Marshall 47 Huntsville 43/FINAL

Hard to call. FBM has been able to move the ball at will in all their games so it will be interesting to see how they do if they can't against Huntsville. FMB defense is not too bad either. Not as good as Huntsville but not bad. If it comes down to a battle of defense, I think FBM has the edge with the weapons on offense. 

The speed and the athletes FBM has is definitely scary.  How do you slow them down?  Huntsville had a good warmup game with a similarly talented Marshall Mavs team.  That game should help the Hornets prepare for this one.

FBM probably has not seen a defense this good.  Not sure how good the FBM O-Line is, but they better eat their Wheaties before this one.  

Huntsville can win if they can control this game and not allow the big momentum type plays from this talented offense. 2 weeks ago, Manvel was completely shut down and gave up before the 4th Qtr.  However, the Marshall Mavs were able to make several big plays, like an 80 yard screen pass and both a long punt and kickoff return.  Their big play capability is why they scored 34 despite being mostly held in check. With the athletes they had, the big plays were just a matter of time.  Don’t look for FBM to even get an opportunity to run back a kick.  They will have to earn their points.  

The Hornets offense doesn’t have to score 50, but they need to continue to be productive and move the chains.  The Hornets have won the last two games scoring 34 and 35 points.  The Hornets also must continue to win the turnover battle which they have successfully done during these playoffs.  If they do these things, this team could wind up in Arlington.  FBM will likely be favored.  Huntsville will need to being their A game to slow down FBM.  I fully expect it.  I can see another 35-34 type of game the Hornets just played.  

So, if you are looking for a good football game other than WOS-Silsbee on Friday night, Cy Fair is the place to be.  

I did not see PN-G play Huntsville, but I did see PN-G play FBM.  The Mavs have elite speed.  #23 and #5 are a threat to score from anywhere on the field.  The QB #1 is tall, elusive, and when he winds-up, he can throw darts.  #5 from FBM is a high school version of Reggie Bush.  If he gets to the perimeter or second level, he is a TD machine.  I don't know what Huntsville has, but they better put someone extremely fast on #23 and #5 from the time those kids get off the bus.

Great season, Indians.  Peace.

As much as I wanted PNG to get another crack at Huntsville, there is no doubt that FB Marshall was absolutely the better team. PNG loses that game 10 out of 10 times. But as PNG can't play in this game, FB Marshall and Hunstville is a matchup that I can't wait to see. I think Huntsville is the real deal, but it's going to be tough to contain FB Marshall. I don't know if Huntsville can score enough to keep up in a shootout. Rooting for Huntsville -- I want to see how far that team can go. 

On 12/2/2018 at 9:22 AM, BMTSoulja1 said:

Huntsville - 31

FB Marshall - 27

I agree, their front 4 is something else. I went to the FBM vs PNG game and I was surprised at how small they were. I think Huntsville will control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball, but it will be like trying to catch lightning at times.