Porter 10 Barbers Hill 7/FINAL

WOSgrad

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ECBucFan
On 11/11/2017 at 9:40 PM, Eagle82 said:

4 turn overs are hard to overcome...oh, and the penalties.  Let's not forget about those too!  Hold your heads high Eagles, you endured some tough injuries!!

No doubt the injuries took a toll. However, everyone deals with injuries through the season to some degree. Thats just part of the game. Good teams overcome them. Injuries aside, this team should have been in the playoffs. A 5th place finish in a good but not overwhelmingly good district is not good enough. The defense was stellar but the offense, special teams, and "sideline" gave this game away. BH had enough tools to win, but self inflicted wounds ended their season.    

6 hours ago, ECBucFan said:

No doubt the injuries took a toll. However, everyone deals with injuries through the season to some degree. Thats just part of the game. Good teams overcome them. Injuries aside, this team should have been in the playoffs. A 5th place finish in a good but not overwhelmingly good district is not good enough. The defense was stellar but the offense, special teams, and "sideline" gave this game away. BH had enough tools to win, but self inflicted wounds ended their season.    

Oh, I wasn't making excuses about the injuries because you're right, most all teams have them throughout the year and have to endure them some how or other.  My take is that we had way too many dropped passes wide open, and way too many drive-ending, boneheaded penalties and those are hard to overcome even if a team's stellar starting QB and tailback are in the game.  I do however, feel that perhaps some of those stalled drives wouldn't have stalled, but one will never know.  The mental part of the game is just so important and sometime I think we "armchairs" forget that.

2 hours ago, Eagle82 said:

Oh, I wasn't making excuses about the injuries because you're right, most all teams have them throughout the year and have to endure them some how or other.  My take is that we had way too many dropped passes wide open, and way too many drive-ending, boneheaded penalties and those are hard to overcome even if a team's stellar starting QB and tailback are in the game.  I do however, feel that perhaps some of those stalled drives wouldn't have stalled, but one will never know.  The mental part of the game is just so important and sometime I think we "armchairs" forget that.

I feel ya on all this your saying and thinking. We lost 12 starters, offense and defense, going into the last game of the season, and lost 4 more that last game against Caney Creek. Some people get on here and say that those type of things, a coach just has to deal with and move on, HOW!!!!!!!! I think when a team looses critical players it most diffenantly effects a team, no matter what level. We have already started working towards improving for next year, mostly lower body and mentally for my son, we got 4 more weeks, but when that day comes, look out.

2 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

This is the year of shoulda, coulda, woulda. This team really shoulda been in the playoffs. Friday nights are crazy, two games we struggled on offense, KP and Porter doomed us. Although we lost, we almost scored at will on Crosby. Hopefully bounce back next year and get a spot in the playoffs. 

I was pulling for ya. I'm going to be brutally honest though 7 pts against Porter is ridiculous.  Porter only held 1 other opponent to 7 and that was Splendora. BH IMO even with injuries played way below their potential. I'm not letting your staff off the hook this team beat a really good Friendswood team and finishing in the top 4 of our weak district should have been a given. I think Westerburg is a great coach but I beat he would even agreee with that. Oh well we will see if there is vast improvement next year. Way to many penalties and dropped passes. Defense played well all year but offensively BH just flat out struggled at times. If offense can get on par with the defense next year should be a good one for the Eagles.

1 hour ago, bronco pride said:

I was pulling for ya. I'm going to be brutally honest though 7 pts against Porter is ridiculous.  Porter only held 1 other opponent to 7 and that was Splendora. BH IMO even with injuries played way below their potential. I'm not letting your staff off the hook this team beat a really good Friendswood team and finishing in the top 4 of our weak district should have been a given. I think Westerburg is a great coach but I beat he would even agreee with that. Oh well we will see if there is vast improvement next year. Way to many penalties and dropped passes. Defense played well all year but offensively BH just flat out struggled at times. If offense can get on par with the defense next year should be a good one for the Eagles.

Wait. I though this year was the “next year”?

1 hour ago, bronco pride said:

I totally agree with you. More short and intermediate throws and have to win in the trenches to get a running game going.

I know I'm a little late to the party. Every game BH played this year were full of mistakes...massive amounts of penalties, fumbles, and dropped passes. I know we have a great coach, but I have to lay the mistakes solely at his feet...especially the penalties, and fumbles. Those mistakes are from a lack of discipline, which falls on the coach. I don't think I've ever seen, or at least not in resent memory, a BH team commit so many penalties...they absolutely killed us! 

44 minutes ago, Nextyear said:

I know I'm a little late to the party. Every game BH played this year were full of mistakes...massive amounts of penalties, fumbles, and dropped passes. I know we have a great coach, but I have to lay the mistakes solely at his feet...especially the penalties, and fumbles. Those mistakes are from a lack of discipline, which falls on the coach. I don't think I've ever seen, or at least not in resent memory, a BH team commit so many penalties...they absolutely killed us! 

Lol-anytime I fumbled as a running back I immediately blamed the coach