Vidor 29 Nederland 28/FINAL (OT)

WOSgrad

11 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Well they got humbled at home tonight! :)

Humbled?  Nah.  They showed some heart coming back from a two TD deficit and dang near winning the game if they could hit a field goal.  Most people predicted them to lose anyway

1 minute ago, Tim Riggins said:

This game was not one for a heart patient to be at.   Dare I say it had all the ingredients of a "rivalry" game?   Sold out stadium, SRO crowd,  enthusiastic fans, lots to boo and cheer and even overtime.  I know it's not a rivalry but I'll take whatever it is!

No kidding definitely a heart stopper , but the last 3 or 4 have been like this so I kind of expected it

I've been watching Vidor football since I was a kid (which is many, many moons ago) and let me tell you, there is a reason we haven't won in nederville in 35 years. It has NOTHING to do with who has the best kids or program or coach and tonight was a great example of it. After that disgusting display I would prefer we hire officials from Dallas need be or petition the UIL to move to 21-5A. Even the media is biased (really?noooo) because of MCM and all that other junk (you know what I'm talking about) and it not only hurts Vidor but some of the other schools in this district. I know what I saw and I think I am as versed in the sport as anybody. I meant everything I said in the Friday Forecast from earlier today; that first 7 points they got was directly from some extremely poor calls including the 3 and 12 interference call from their 40. Neumann was working that ref for everything he's got, but that's OK; just don't let Mathews do it.  I have seen that happen so many times in the last 35 years it isn't funny. Most of you may disagree with me and that's OK but there are statistics to bear it out like the ones I've hit on today in my posts. Win, lose or draw I'm just sick of it. Played on a neutral field with neutral officiating we win by two touchdowns easily. Enough is enough, call it fairly.

47 minutes ago, Footballfan1209 said:

I'm just curious where in that you got Vidor wouldn't have won, just trying to ruffle some feathers. Just saying he became the starter and took the starting position away from the other two guys. So what that tells me is that he plays the position better, then which also tells me makes the team better. So you take it however you want to spin it. Its going to be a pure shame if they come back and say he is eligible but had to miss a big game like this and at the end of the year it comes back to this game being the deciding factor. Vidor deserved the Win, that's not what this question is about

The officiating tonight was pure shame. Just sayin...

9 minutes ago, Tim Riggins said:

This game was not one for a heart patient to be at.   Dare I say it had all the ingredients of a "rivalry" game?   Sold out stadium, SRO crowd,  enthusiastic fans, lots to boo and cheer and even overtime.  I know it's not a rivalry but I'll take whatever it is!

It was a great atmosphere for high schoool football.  Both teams.showed.a lot of heart, gave the fans a real treat.  Vidor is.good offensively and will be tough to beat.

5 minutes ago, robanadana said:

I've been watching Vidor football since I was a kid (which is many, many moons ago) and let me tell you, there is a reason we haven't won in nederville in 35 years. It has NOTHING to do with who has the best kids or program or coach and tonight was a great example of it. After that disgusting display I would prefer we hire officials from Dallas need be or petition the UIL to move to 21-5A. Even the media is biased (really?noooo) because of MCM and all that other junk (you know what I'm talking about) and it not only hurts Vidor but some of the other schools in this district. I know what I saw and I think I am as versed in the sport as anybody. I meant everything I said in the Friday Forecast from earlier today; that first 7 points they got was directly from some extremely poor calls including the 3 and 12 interference call from their 40. Neumann was working that ref for everything he's got, but that's OK; just don't let Mathews do it.  I have seen that happen so many times in the last 35 years it isn't funny. Most of you may disagree with me and that's OK but there are statistics to bear it out like the ones I've hit on today in my posts. Win, lose or draw I'm just sick of it. Played on a neutral field with neutral officiating we win by two touchdowns easily. Enough is enough, call it fairly.

Wow,. Won the game and still whining about the refs? SMH.  So explain why Vidor can't beat Ned at home 95% time?  You not paying the refs enough? (Who by the way we're from Houston and probably knew nothing about either team.). As far as the whole MCM comment that just comes off as envy.