Little Cypress-Mauriceville 7 Silsbee 2/Final/LC-M wins series 1-0

18 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

5 district championships out of the 6 major sports (football, volleyball, boys and girls basketball, baseball and softball).

Football - District Champs, 4 rounds in playoffs (regional finals)

Volleyball - District Champs, 2nd round playoffs

Boys Basketball - District Champs, state runner up

Girls Basketball - District Champs, 3rd round

Baseball - District Champs, 3rd round

Softball - District runner up, 1st round

With WO-S missing the basketball (boys and girls) and volleyball and softball playoffs, I would say Silsbee has had a much better year.

Volleyball sir

17 minutes ago, MossHill said:

Silsbee hands down had the best 2015-2016 athletic school year, probably in the state (with the exception of Brock HS)

Was wondering How Abilene Wylie stood up against our year. I have seen them Ranked high or still around in many sports this year.

1 hour ago, tiger42 said:

Lcm coaches and players showed up to play last night and they got the win. I have some friends for lcm and wished them all the luck last night. They did a great job. As far as sore loses we are not. It never fails that someone from another no matter what thread it is always pokes in on a big game loss and stirs the pot. I was serious when I said I hope wos wins against bc. As far as smoke town goes that's pitiful. I've lived here 30yrs and just heard that 3 days ago. Our boys deserve something better than that. District 24 4a is tough and anybody can win any given day. Alot of good teams and players.all these kids deserve credit for playing the way they do. It's great to watch this much talent and just hope 24 4a represents in Austin. 

Great post. 

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

5 district championships out of the 6 major sports (football, volleyball, boys and girls basketball, baseball and softball).

Football - District Champs, 4 rounds in playoffs (regional finals)

Volleyball - District Champs, 2nd round playoffs

Boys Basketball - District Champs, state runner up

Girls Basketball - District Champs, 3rd round

Baseball - District Champs, 3rd round

Softball - District runner up, 1st round

With WO-S missing the basketball (boys and girls) and volleyball and softball playoffs, I would say Silsbee has had a much better year.

100% agree

1 hour ago, ST413 said:

I found this as far as overall performance it does add marching band to it: 

This is the hidden content, please
.  S it looks like there are a few 4A schools that have had better years but no one close in our area.

They include band, swimming & diving, wrestling, golf and tennis but not baseball and softball?  Interesting. 

Standings include:
State and Area Marching Band, Tennis, Team Tennis, Cross Country, Volleyball, Football, Swimming & Diving, Wrestling, Girls Basketball, Boys Basketball, Soccer, Golf, Track & Field