Best highschool football stadiums in SETX at each classification?

Guest ECBucFan
5 hours ago, dBerrySports said:

In my opinion (going off of this alignment and not next season's)

3A: Hardin (never covered a game there, but I went out there for a story and it's nice)

I think you are referring to Hardins field, not their stadium. Yes, they have turf, and I think thats the origin of the this perception some folks might have. Their stadium is, well, unremarkable. The home side is adequate, and the visitors side is quite small with a rickety press box. Parking is actually on grass in places. 

BTW, EC is now installing turf as we speak, and Buc stadium was completely remodeled and expanded about five years ago.

6 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Texan Drive is a beautiful stadium, but I do have one complaint....the concessions area.  I don't know if was the fact that it was a non-NCISD event or that WO-S was the away team, but for the WO-S/Bellville game, there appeared to have only one area for concessions and that was only big enough to serve 2 different lines.  As a result, I spent an entire 25 minute halftime (no biggie as I am not the band fan that some are) and HALF of the 3rd quarter waiting to be served. If not for the monitors from which I could watch the game (a very nice touch), I would have been really disturbed.

I totally agree,our group went to EC playoff game there,1 concession,2 lines=40 min wait for service on the visitor side,great on the home side every time there

4 hours ago, ECBucFan said:

I think you are referring to Hardins field, not their stadium. Yes, they have turf, and I think thats the origin of the this perception some folks might have. Their stadium is, well, unremarkable. The home side is adequate, and the visitors side is quite small with a rickety press box. Parking is actually on grass in places. 

BTW, EC is now installing turf as we speak, and Buc stadium was completely remodeled and expanded about five years ago.

I was thinking the same thing about Hardin lol and how is EC's seating and parking?

9 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Texan Drive is a beautiful stadium, but I do have one complaint....the concessions area.  I don't know if was the fact that it was a non-NCISD event or that WO-S was the away team, but for the WO-S/Bellville game, there appeared to have only one area for concessions and that was only big enough to serve 2 different lines.  As a result, I spent an entire 25 minute halftime (no biggie as I am not the band fan that some are) and HALF of the 3rd quarter waiting to be served. If not for the monitors from which I could watch the game (a very nice touch), I would have been really disturbed.

I will pass that information on. My future son in law (June 3rd wedding) took coach Holley's old job and is now in charge of that facility.

I was on the home side and seem to remember their being at least 4 lines open.

5 hours ago, ECBucFan said:

You could be right, it was a few years ago that I went there and I do remember the field. East Chambers' stadium was good. I never saw Woodville's but I've heard good things about it.

15 hours ago, prepballfan said:

For some reason noone is saying anything in Nederland

I would rate Nederland's stadium as ok,  if they paved the field next to the stadium for parking and a couple of upgrades in the stadium (turf, pressbox, restrooms,) it would be very good.   Facilities don't win games , ask PNG they should know all about that.  (cough, MCM, cough.) :) 

Guest ECBucFan
5 hours ago, eagleswoodville#1 said:

I was thinking the same thing about Hardin lol and how is EC's seating and parking?

Excellent. During the expansion process, a huge parking lot was paved on the south side of the stadium that serves both football and basketball events. The existing lots to the north and east are also still in place. As far as the stadium itself, both sides were remodeled and expanded. With the lone exception of the EC-HF Rice Bowl, the stands never fail to hold the crowds. Ample seating. The score board and sound system is new, too. 

Not trying to be a "homer" here, but with the expansions and renovations, Buc Stadium is excellent for 3A. 

Guest ECBucFan
1 hour ago, APanthers said:

Anahuac is getting a new stadium ,turf field and new turf baseball  and turf softball field .

Glad to hear that. I hope Anahuac paves a walkway completely around the perimeter of the field. Getting to the concessions from the visitors side can be a bit of an adventure if the grounds are wet. Glad to see Anahuac upgrading!

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 4:59 AM, ECBucFan said:

Hardin's visitor parking and parking in general is being "addressed now as we speak" as improvements are being done to the school district that was included in the bond that passed a few years ago, with the new Elementary school being built.

9 hours ago, eagleswoodville#1 said:

Since when does having the oldest turf field make you the best 3A stadium? Lol its degraded and has needed to be replaced since I played on it back in 2011. Or are you referring to when the turf was put in?

My son played on that field from 2011-2014 and never had a problem with it.

Guest ECBucFan

Hardin's field is older, but still within its life expectancy. Its fine.

The stadium, etc., is where upgrades are needed. Seems like some parking improvements are already under way.