The Walking Dead

ladybug33

• 7 months later...

The wife found this today.  Too funny.  

Oh God. Here comes the politics.

No, for real. There’s a guy named Negan who is basically a white supremacist. He has convinced his followers that they must do anything to preserve whiteness even if it means brutalizing their own people. He built a wall. He signed a bunch of executive orders. He keeps firing his staff. He grabs women by the p****. He has a bunch of different wives. He deports people. He demands loyalty from everyone around him.

He’s Donald Trump.

This is the hidden content, please

And for REBgp, and because I’m too lazy to find the GoT thread, they also did one for that show. 

But if the show is about politics, white people and privilege, is there someone like Donald Trump?

Yes, they are the Lannisters, the symbol of white privilege. Everyone thinks they’re rich, but they really don’t have any money. However, no one in the Seven Kingdoms has seen their tax returns. They exist mostly by colluding with forces outside Westeros to keep their power by any means necessary. Tiffany Trump is played by Peter Dinklage, who is ostracized by the family. There are also Jamie and Cercei, twins whose lifelong love affair has produced three children who are all dead.

This is ridiculous.  Two of the best shows on TV and some loon is trying to connect them to Trump.  Trump is twice as rich as the Lannisters and twice as mean as Negan.  Maybe the shows are a success because they try to emulate Trump.  

Hoops, you are required to write 'REBgp is a genius' 100 times on your word program, and listen to the Rush Limbaugh show for a month, or until you start uncontrollably drooling, whichever comes first.

1 hour ago, REBgp said:

This is ridiculous.  Two of the best shows on TV and some loon is trying to connect them to Trump.  Trump is twice as rich as the Lannisters and twice as mean as Negan.  Maybe the shows are a success because they try to emulate Trump.  

Hoops, you are required to write 'REBgp is a genius' 100 times on your word program, and listen to the Rush Limbaugh show for a month, or until you start uncontrollably drooling, whichever comes first.

If Hoops listened to Rush for a month...he'd never go back to the dark side. :)

• 1 month later...

Many of you young folks probably think this Zombie stuff is relatively new - Walking Dead, Fear the Walking Dead, World War Z, Z-Nation, but this stuff has been around the entertainment industry for quite sometime.  The Kingston Trio knew about these Z's in the late 50's, when they released Zombie Jamboree.  Btw, in those days, the lyrics were considered risqué, especially if you were a young teenage boy lol.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, mat said:

Too much attempt at a tear jerker episode and it got old. JMO Plus, we recorded it and it cut off the last five minutes. We did not enjoy the season opener.

Agreed.  Told my wife it was a little touching at first, but they drug it out.  Hope it's better next week.

19 hours ago, REBgp said:

Agreed.  Told my wife it was a little touching at first, but they drug it out.  Hope it's better next week.

21 hours ago, mat said:

Too much attempt at a tear jerker episode and it got old. JMO Plus, we recorded it and it cut off the last five minutes. We did not enjoy the season opener.

Cold hearted bas$#@$#$!

Me and the Wife were heavy into the Walking Dead. She completely stopped watching midway through last season and I am doing my very best to hang in there, but this show has gotten plain bad. Had so much potential, but is almost unwatchable at this point. It drags out story lines and plays the same episode from a different perspective every week. Just bad.

5 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

Me and the Wife were heavy into the Walking Dead. She completely stopped watching midway through last season and I am doing my very best to hang in there, but this show has gotten plain bad. Had so much potential, but is almost unwatchable at this point. It drags out story lines and plays the same episode from a different perspective every week. Just bad.

My daughter quit watching because they brought back the "junk people".  They don't fit the show.  Like a bunch of hypnotized slugs that respond to the grunts of their leader, who doesn't even speak English properly.  What's up with that?

On 2/27/2018 at 1:42 PM, mat said:

I've never seen it take so long after getting bit. Carl managed to do quiet a bit before his demise.

And after that build up, we didn't even get to see him end it and why wasn't Rick by his side when he did it?

On 2/28/2018 at 1:00 PM, Tigers2010 said:

20 hours ago, REBgp said:

My daughter quit watching because they brought back the "junk people".  They don't fit the show.  Like a bunch of hypnotized slugs that respond to the grunts of their leader, who doesn't even speak English properly.  What's up with that?

I pretty much watch because the wife loves it and it’s become a Sunday night tradition.  Time stops at our house during TWD (although I was sick as a dog and slept through this one and had to watch so as not to fall behind on Monday).  But it’s never been a show I thought was amazing.  The best show on TV now imo is This Is Us.  Maybe it’s a father thing but that show moves me every week.  Really delves into how parenting effects our children and how although we all are SO imperfect, striving for perfection at the most important job we’ll ever have makes all the difference. 

Plus, as REBgp and I have discussed, the late, great Jimmy V had it right.  We should laugh, we should think, and we should cry every day.  As he said, that’s a heckuva day.  I invariably have no problem with the first two.   When This Is Us is on, I can always check that third box too...

On 3/1/2018 at 3:01 PM, TxHoops said:

I pretty much watch because the wife loves it and it’s become a Sunday night tradition.  Time stops at our house during TWD (although I was sick as a dog and slept through this one and had to watch so as not to fall behind on Monday).  But it’s never been a show I thought was amazing.  The best show on TV now imo is This Is Us.  Maybe it’s a father thing but that show moves me every week.  Really delves into how parenting effects our children and how although we all are SO imperfect, striving for perfection at the most important job we’ll ever have makes all the difference. 

Plus, as REBgp and I have discussed, the late, great Jimmy V had it right.  We should laugh, we should think, and we should cry every day.  As he said, that’s a heckuva day.  I invariably have no problem with the first two.   When This Is Us is on, I can always check that third box too...

TWD at first I was hooked now blah. I’m just waiting on all to die. 

I think game of thrones is up there with sopranos as best thing to hit tv. 

This is Us have superior acting and Amazing storytelling from different point of views. The episode when randal biological father dies is moving. You can relate to every single character.

• 2 weeks later...
On March 3, 2018 at 2:32 AM, PAMFAM10 said:

TWD at first I was hooked now blah. I’m just waiting on all to die. 

I think game of thrones is up there with sopranos as best thing to hit tv. 

This is Us have superior acting and Amazing storytelling from different point of views. The episode when randal biological father dies is moving. You can relate to every single character.

We didn't have HBO so I never watched Game of Thrones.  It was about season 4 when we got season 1 box set as a gift.  We've gotten everyone of them after.  I hate to see it end, but I'd rather see an end than for the writers to run out of good ideas.  That's what I thought happened to the X-Files, and I'm beginning to think TWD.

On 3/14/2018 at 3:51 AM, REBgp said:

We didn't have HBO so I never watched Game of Thrones.  It was about season 4 when we got season 1 box set as a gift.  We've gotten everyone of them after.  I hate to see it end, but I'd rather see an end than for the writers to run out of good ideas.  That's what I thought happened to the X-Files, and I'm beginning to think TWD.

Game of Thrones is much much better than The Walking Dead. I hate even putting them in the same sentence. If you haven't seen it, find a way.

7 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

Game of Thrones is much much better than The Walking Dead. I hate even putting them in the same sentence. If you haven't seen it, find a way.

I agree, re-read my post.  We've bought every season.  Can't wait for the next.  I do hate it's ending.  I'm like a little kid watching a Disney movie.  Being older, and growing up when we  had to wait on the Big Hollywood Studios for good films, I find it fantastic that others can out Hollywood, Hollywood.

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, mat said:

Negan will somehow escape and be a threat again. Should of killed him. I haven't liked Fear of the Walking Dead but it took a twist. Now Morgan is in the show.

Got on just to hunt up this thread and vent.  Last week Rick was in a jam, and ask 5 Saviors to help - they did & he shoots them.  Now he lets Negan live?  Crazy.  Been pretty good entertainment, but the writers are sticking a knife in it.  I'd lost interest in FWD, but maybe Morgan will breathe some new life in it.  

Just kill the sob Rick.  You going to waste food on that psycho?

Oh, one last thing, cut the cord on Carl.  Enough already.  Shouldn't killed him off if you still want him in the show. 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Best season they’ve had in a while.  Much needed to since, in my humble opinion, FTWD had become the better show (John Dorie might be the best character in the franchise).  Anyway, all the pontificating this week made me think of this scene, which might be my favorite in the series.  And I would be in favor of giving Trump the monarchy we all know he secretly wants, as long as this guy is the king: