Just a few observations coming into this game:
1. I was impressed by the speed of WOS overall and really the speed of our skill players last Thursday. It was nice to finally get a dry, turf field.
2. Speed aside, all WOS fans need to remember that Huntington was not very good and we can't put much stock into that blow out.
3. Sweeny has played a weak schedule. Only 4 teams with a winning record and 3 of those barely winning. I feel certain had WOS played the same schedule we would be 11-0 and probably leading the state defensively. You can only play the teams on your schedule, but you cannot ignore how the lack of quality teams plays into their record and stats. I think the tight game against a 6-4 LaGrange proves that fact.
4. During the season, the Bulldogs have only played 1 team with similar team speed to WOS and that was Wharton, who they lost to.
5. WOS will need to tackle, play good run defense and our Cornerbacks are going to have to start competing on these jump balls everyone we play is throwing at them. If we get a PI or two, so what... They are going to get us for a couple no matter what we do. Maybe if they know we'll compete they'll stop trying. We do that and we should be good.