any update on Vidor star QB/LB

mypooh

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1376244" timestamp="1361328310"]
Nobody gave him a offer. He's under-sized and not fast compared to college football players.
[/quote]

He is a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints or Mormon, for short! He wants to go on a mission before playing football! He hopes he can play for BYU once his mission is completed!

[quote name="skipmeister" post="1376358" timestamp="1361334787"]
[quote author=jkbtjc53 link=topic=109561.msg1376244#msg1376244 date=1361328310]
Nobody gave him a offer. He's under-sized and not fast compared to college football players.
[/quote]

He is a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints or Mormon, for short! He wants to go on a mission before playing football! He hopes he can play for BYU once his mission is completed!
[/quote]

I respect that. But that fact would not keep teams from offering him a scholarship.

and LH_Dave yes he did give teams fits. But how many of those kids are top defenders? Solid teams yes. But from talking to scouts his game doesn't translate to the next level. He is under-sized and while he is strong for high-schoolers in college there would be guys that would possibly knock him into next week. I wish a juco or Lamar would have given him a shot though

I love when I hear guy is not big enough or fast enough to play at the next level.  Texas would not take drew brees or Johnny football..they were not big enough!  London fletcher was too small.  Do you know how fast Montana is?  Do you know how big he is?  I bet you don't know either.  To say no quality players in his district is crazy.  To say he would get smashed is stupid. I tell you what.. Keep talking bad about him,  you never know.. You may look as stupid as those guys that said Johnny football was too small. 

[quote name="coach wade" post="1376429" timestamp="1361346642"]
I love when I hear guy is not big enough or fast enough to play at the next level.  Texas would not take drew brees or Johnny football..they were not big enough!  London fletcher was too small.  Do you know how fast Montana is?  Do you know how big he is?  I bet you don't know either.  To say no quality players in his district is crazy.  To say he would get smashed is stupid. I tell you what.. Keep talking bad about him,  you never know.. You may look as stupid as those guys that said Johnny football was too small. 
[/quote]

I didn't make those statements. Parents on here that know me will tell you I talk to college coaches on a daily basis. The statement I made above is what a Mcneese coach told me and a Navarro junior college coach told me when I tried to get them to take Montana.

Ps all the guys yo u named had D-1 offers coming out of highschool so even though I understand your point its not exactly the same situation.  And like I said IMO Montana would make a pretty dang good linebacker in college. He could go to Lamar and start right now imo. But colleges wont take a chance on him.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1376832" timestamp="1361396397"]
He had a few offers but turned them down because he wants to go on mission for his church. He WILL attend BYU when he gets back from his mission.
[/quote]

I talk to one of the Vidor coaches and he said Montana didn't but its very possible he was mistaken because Montana can no doubt play ball

• 2 weeks later...
Having known many Mormons and CLDS people, the statement he turned down scholarships to go on a mission is false. Almost every university in the United States respects "religious missions" and offer pending scholarships... i.e. a scholarship for 2014 instead of 2013.

No offense but I've had friends go to college for all sorts of things and be LDS and go on a mission previous to going to school (Track, Soccer, and Volleyball.)

Montana was not big enough to play at the college level at the linebacker position, he probably wasn't fast enough either, kid had good instincts and played hard. I'm really suprised he didn't get dII or D3 offers. But not a d1 prospect. 

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1376395" timestamp="1361336713"]
[quote author=skipmeister link=topic=109561.msg1376358#msg1376358 date=1361334787]
[quote author=jkbtjc53 link=topic=109561.msg1376244#msg1376244 date=1361328310]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[b]I respect that. But that fact would not keep teams from offering him a scholarship.[/b]

and LH_Dave yes he did give teams fits. But how many of those kids are top defenders? Solid teams yes. But from talking to scouts his game doesn't translate to the next level. He is under-sized and while he is strong for high-schoolers in college there would be guys that would possibly knock him into next week. I wish a juco or Lamar would have given him a shot though
[/quote]
Yes it most definitely would. Lol if he told a scout that and was serious about it, you better believe that scout did not offer him anything. And word gets around through the grapevine when a kid does that. Very admirable though. I love to hear that.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xyurnnsw
    Newest Member
    xyurnnsw