Huntington promotes Ryan Soderquist to HC

Guest Farmer Fran

Huntington will never be good in football unless there is a mass exodus outta Lufkin and/or Diboll. The last decent Huntington team (decent putting it lightly) had 2 very good Lufkin Panther transfers who ended up transferring back to Lufkin the very next year.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1375560" timestamp="1361226058"]
Huntington will never be good in football unless there is a mass exodus outta Lufkin and/or Diboll. The last decent Huntington team (decent putting it lightly) had 2 very good Lufkin Panther transfers who ended up transferring back to Lufkin the very next year.
[/quote]

I am surprised that they do not get more kids from Lufkin and even Hudson, because Huntington ISD is a open enrollment campus

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1375580" timestamp="1361231265"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=109456.msg1375560#msg1375560 date=1361226058]
[/quote]

I am surprised that they do not get more kids from Lufkin and even Hudson, because Huntington ISD is a open enrollment campus
[/quote] athletics as a whole are not good, thats the main reason.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1375595" timestamp="1361233674"]
[quote author=Farmer Fran link=topic=109456.msg1375580#msg1375580 date=1361231265]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=109456.msg1375560#msg1375560 date=1361226058]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Unless it is girls softball ;D

I lived in Lufkin for 6 yrs and I can tell you that in Huntington politics (Goold ole boy) on the school board play a big reason in their lack of success

I wonder how many football coach's they have had in the past 10 yrs?

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1375603" timestamp="1361234414"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=109456.msg1375595#msg1375595 date=1361233674]
[quote author=Farmer Fran link=topic=109456.msg1375580#msg1375580 date=1361231265]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Unless it is girls softball ;D

I lived in Lufkin for 6 yrs and I can tell you that in Huntington politics (Goold ole boy) on the school board play a big reason in their lack of success

[b]I wonder how many football coach's they have had in the past 10 yrs[/b]?
[/quote] 3-5 maybe?? when the oldheads move along maybe it'll get better but i doubt it.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="KABrother" post="1375630" timestamp="1361236824"]
Friend of mine that is an assistant there said a few months ago that they were gonna go to outlaw instead of uil...maybe that had somethin to do with it
[/quote]

I heard that rumor as well.

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1375634" timestamp="1361237112"]
[quote author=KABrother link=topic=109456.msg1375630#msg1375630 date=1361236824]
Friend of mine that is an assistant there said a few months ago that they were gonna go to outlaw instead of uil...maybe that had somethin to do with it
[/quote]

I heard that rumor as well.
[/quote]  :o

[quote name="wbfan" post="1375704" timestamp="1361248184"]
[quote author=KABrother link=topic=109456.msg1375630#msg1375630 date=1361236824]
[/quote]
What is Outlaw?  :o
[/quote] dislodging from the UIL, basically independent. (i.e. Notre Dame football)

I know Apple Springs played an outlaw schedule a couple of years while they went from 11 man to 6 man but I dont really see where that would help Huntington unless they know they are changing districts in the upcoming 2 year cycle. I say this because in the district they are now they only play 4 district games with Hudson and Central not having football programs....so, that is 6 nondistrict games they have to schedule anyway..I assume they could load up on Christian schools and class 1A schools etc but im not sure there are that many around....I have heard from some of my vendors that live there that the "good Ole Boy" system really is evident to the point the head coach has pretty much no say as to which assistants he can hire and they don't have a "total" program from the 7th grade up..i would think its hard to build pride in a program now whose best season for wins in 32 years is 3-7...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1383454" timestamp="1362687752"]
i'll say this: at least he knows the kids and the kids know him.

He's got alot of onions taking that job, i wish him good luck, he's gonna need it IMO.
[/quote]

Well if he is looking for another coaching job, that is a good place to move on after a couple of yrs.

He will either, resign,  get reassigned, or fired.

Hopefully he can turn it around.

[quote name="Tx.Moon" post="1376918" timestamp="1361408533"]
I know Apple Springs played an outlaw schedule a couple of years while they went from 11 man to 6 man but I dont really see where that would help Huntington unless they know they are changing districts in the upcoming 2 year cycle. I say this because in the district they are now they only play 4 district games with Hudson and Central not having football programs....so, that is 6 nondistrict games they have to schedule anyway..I assume they could load up on Christian schools and class 1A schools etc but im not sure there are that many around....I have heard from some of my vendors that live there that the "good Ole Boy" system really is evident to the point the head coach has pretty much no say as to which assistants he can hire and [b]they don't have a "total" program from the 7th grade up[/b]..i would think its hard to build pride in a program now whose best season for wins in 32 years is 3-7...
[/quote]

this past season they had 4 middle school teams and 3 high schools teams

[quote name="Javelina" post="1384749" timestamp="1363056165"]
[quote author=Tx.Moon link=topic=109456.msg1376918#msg1376918 date=1361408533]
I know Apple Springs played an outlaw schedule a couple of years while they went from 11 man to 6 man but I dont really see where that would help Huntington unless they know they are changing districts in the upcoming 2 year cycle. I say this because in the district they are now they only play 4 district games with Hudson and Central not having football programs....so, that is 6 nondistrict games they have to schedule anyway..I assume they could load up on Christian schools and class 1A schools etc but im not sure there are that many around....I have heard from some of my vendors that live there that the "good Ole Boy" system really is evident to the point the head coach has pretty much no say as to which assistants he can hire and [b]they don't have a "total" program from the 7th grade up[/b]..i would think its hard to build pride in a program now whose best season for wins in 32 years is 3-7...
[/quote]

this past season they had [b]4 middle school teams[/b] and [b]3 high schools teams[/b]
[/quote] how did those teams do minus what the Varsity did?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder