Kountze vs HJ "scrimmage" Monday...Who is gonna look the best?

Guest kountzemania

[quote name="kountzemania" post="1369570" timestamp="1359918604"]
Does HJ have any pitching? I am not saying that like they don't just don't remember Who was returning ect...
[/quote]
Returning Varsity pitchers are Quad Robertson , Aaron Edelmon, Taylor Reynolds, Collin Bledsoe, Shane O'Bannion, along with the addition of Dylan Duplant.  The pitchers were limited to fastballs during inter squad scrimmage with Pitchers throwing at 70% - 80% speed.  Pitchers looked good working on hitting their spots.  Still too early though to get a good read on their arms.

HJ will be able to out pitch them for sure. HJ has been taken to a different level with the addition of Duplant. He will be a huge contributing factor in their success this year. I am picking them to finish 3rd in 21-3A this year because of him. Without Duplant I think the playoffs would be questionable. Yes he does make that much of a difference. Sorry if i offended anyone.

[quote name="XDOG" post="1369612" timestamp="1359926512"]
HJ will be able to out pitch them for sure. HJ has been taken to a different level with the addition of Duplant. He will be a huge contributing factor in their success this year. I am picking them to finish 3rd in 21-3A this year because of him. Without Duplant I think the playoffs would be questionable. Yes he does make that much of a difference. Sorry if i offended anyone.
[/quote]
I think Kountze will shock alot of ppl this year...

Guest kountzemania
Of course in the first outing this year I would not expect to see Franklin or Marshall for more than an inning a piece. I would think the coaches will be more interested in seeing support staff and development of another front line guy. But I would to agree, Kountze should be much more competitive than last year.

Guest kountzemania
Tonight the two Soph. Pitchers for Kountze looked legit for the first outing. Ethan Franklin three strike outs and one walk. Austin Marshall three strike outs. Both seemed to be mid 80's and neither giving up a hit.  The third pitcher for the night was Braden Franklin - senior- one walk two rollers, a single and pop up giving up one run. For Kountze Tyler Brown pounded the ball, double and a triple that scored marshall from first who occupied it via a base on balls. THEN IT RAINED OUT!

Both teams did pitch very well. But for kountze to have two sophomores throwing that well is incredible. Kountze hitting wasn't as good as I'd like to see though. Other than TB the bats were dead. Defensively I feel like catcher is our only weak spot. Im hoping they will work on that a little. But I think it will be a great year for Kountze baseball! Im feeling a possible district championship

[quote name="bullsonparade" post="1370035" timestamp="1360076670"]
Both teams did pitch very well. But for kountze to have two sophomores throwing that well is incredible. Kountze hitting wasn't as good as I'd like to see though. Other than TB the bats were dead. Defensively I feel like catcher is our only weak spot. Im hoping they will work on that a little. But I think it will be a great year for Kountze baseball! Im feeling a possible district championship
[/quote]

That will make the catcher feel good when he reads this. Might even give him a confidence boost.  It's pretty tough to catch hard throwing pitchers, who are not known for pounding the strike zone.

Lol sorry bro but this isn't little league anymore. You've got to be able to catch 85+. Unless its over your head or too wide out of reach there is no excuse to let a ball past you, especially if somebody is on base. They've got to learn to block better and have better throws to 2nd. I wasn't knocking anybody, I was just stating an observation I made and its something I'd like to see them work on

[quote name="bullsonparade" post="1370193" timestamp="1360097015"]
Lol sorry bro but this isn't little league anymore. You've got to be able to catch 85+. Unless its over your head or too wide out of reach there is no excuse to let a ball past you, especially if somebody is on base. They've got to learn to block better and have better throws to 2nd. I wasn't knocking anybody, I was just stating an observation I made and its something I'd like to see them work on
[/quote]I agree 100% they have catchers with the skill just needs a little more aggressiveness.

[quote name="Keith Stone" post="1370156" timestamp="1360090437"]
[quote author=bullsonparade link=topic=108894.msg1370035#msg1370035 date=1360076670]
[/quote]

That will make the catcher feel good when he reads this. Might even give him a confidence boost.  It's pretty tough to catch hard throwing pitchers, who are not known for pounding the strike zone.
[/quote]
All he said was they need work??  No wrong here

Guest kountzemania
It is difficult to catch guys that throw hard and have ball movement. That being said catchers have to adapt they have to block and be able to catch benders going in as off speed or hard tailing fast balls. For the first outing in a live situation I am sure it was a little bit nerves, but some thing's were mechanical things that Coach Kirby and Franklin will address and workout. I do agree it is very important because those two Soph. pitchers throw HARD!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xyurnnsw
    Newest Member
    xyurnnsw