SETXSports Preseason Baseball Rankings

SETXSports first ranking of the season will be coming out soon.  These rankings are always tough since we don't know much about how the teams are looking in practice.  We haven't heard much from 19-4a as well as some other districts.

Give me your Top 15 Big School(5a-3a) and your Top 10 Small School(2a-private)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kountzemania
[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="1369407" timestamp="1359850483"]
A,AA,Private:

1. Beaumont Kelly
2. Warren
3. Woodville
4. Kountze
5. Hardin
6. Evadale
7. Big Sandy
8. West Sabine
9. Deweyville
10. Colmesneil
[/quote]
I think I would have to put Deweyville in the six hole, the rest I agree with, good call.

[quote name="kountzemania" post="1369415" timestamp="1359852603"]
[quote author=eagleswoodville#1 link=topic=108890.msg1369407#msg1369407 date=1359850483]
A,AA,Private:

1. Beaumont Kelly
2. Warren
3. Woodville
4. Kountze
5. Hardin
6. Evadale
7. Big Sandy
8. West Sabine
9. Deweyville
10. Colmesneil
[/quote]
I think I would have to put Deweyville in the six hole, the rest I agree with, good call.
[/quote]
Idk. I didn't see hardly anything out of Deweyville wen Woodville played them last year except for Howell. And Woodville tattooed him for seven runs and 15+ hits.

Guest kountzemania
Don't they have a senior short stop that is pretty good RH on the mound. Plus I think Howell should stronger. In addition I thought they had like three other starts returning. Experience pitching returning plus a few fielders should make for some success at 2aa level

[quote name="kountzemania" post="1369465" timestamp="1359860969"]
Don't they have a senior short stop that is pretty good RH on the mound. Plus I think Howell should stronger. In addition I thought they had like three other starts returning. Experience pitching returning plus a few fielders should make for some success at 2aa level
[/quote]
Not too sure. Maybe they have improved or started playing later in the season last year. They played Woodville in the earlier part of the season. Errors killed them in Woodville.

[quote name="Go4BB1194" post="1369463" timestamp="1359860714"]
Howell only pitched 3 ininings against woodville that day and had 9ks with 2 unearned runs
[/quote]
Your stats say that all of the outs for three
innings were by strikeout.  Is that what you
meant to say? ???

Guest kountzemania
The question on Howell will be if he is allowed to pitch as much as he did last year. I mean he pulled the load last year and with being signed to a college scholarship; the question comes down to risk?

[quote name="kountzemania" post="1369518" timestamp="1359904452"]
That's what I thought. This year could be special for those guys
[/quote]
Could be. I'm not completely sold on them reaching the elite level that Woodville and Hemphill have been at some point over the past ten years. Hemphill has the reached the regional semis several times (prolly further if Woodville hadn't sent them home). And Woodville had an nine year playoff run, a state championship, three regional finals appearances(one on the 3A level), and multiple regional semi appearances. The experience of the program as a whole plays a huge part in success come crunch time. But Warren has alot of talent returning obviously and could very well surprise me. This district race could be very exciting to watch.

[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="1369407" timestamp="1359850483"]
A,AA,Private:

1. Beaumont Kelly
2. Warren
3. Woodville
4. Kountze
5. Hardin
6. Evadale
7. Big Sandy
8. West Sabine
9. Deweyville
10. Colmesneil
[/quote]

Not sure why Hemphill isn't on this list.... I think they are returning 7 starters and will mix in a few JV kids from last year.  No worries though, they will play and beat three of your top 10 before week 1 is over with.

[quote name="Semi_Pro" post="1369746" timestamp="1359991307"]
[quote author=eagleswoodville#1 link=topic=108890.msg1369407#msg1369407 date=1359850483]
A,AA,Private:

1. Beaumont Kelly
2. Warren
3. Woodville
4. Kountze
5. Hardin
6. Evadale
7. Big Sandy
8. West Sabine
9. Deweyville
10. Colmesneil
[/quote]

Not sure why Hemphill isn't on this list.... I think they are returning 7 starters and will mix in a few JV kids from last year.  No worries though, they will play and beat three of your top 10 before week 1 is over with.
[/quote]
Just slipped my mind to be honest with you lol
I'd place them in the six spot and shift everyone else down, kicking Colmesneil out.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder