Justise Winslow is as advertised and then some!

jb

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1367214" timestamp="1359232096"]
If the likes of Roy Williams and Larry Brown want these guys on their teams, then I'll take their opinions over anyone on this messageboard.  ;)

Don't think these coaches recruit "softies". ::)
[/quote]
Come on man, don't get "star struck" on me...They heard about these kids and it's their JOB to check them out...They will come to the Houston area ANYWAY because of the talent pool alone...and if these kids are being ranked high in the Houston area, coaches are coming...Its to be expected.

[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=108668.msg1367217#msg1367217 date=1359232347]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=108668.msg1367174#msg1367174 date=1359222324]
He is playing at St. John's...SPC league... ::) ::)..[b].He is talented, but SUPER SOFT[/b], and though he would be an above average talent in 4A/5A, he would not stand out as spectacular as he is now.  I saw him in November and was not impressed. He COULD have taken over the game against MUCH less talent, but just floated along and blended in..He was not that good then.  HCYA's Justin Jackson, is a really talented player with great upside as well, but once again, that home-school league is not helping his game either. Summer ball will hopefully save them both. Yes Bluedove, AAU is STILL the devil, but it is a necessary evil for some!  8)
[/quote]

DV, what I put in bold in your post is what may have some up in arms. You cannot make that kind of claim just on one game.
[/quote]

Maybe I should not say SUPER soft, but he played "brother in law" ball versus Justin Jackson...This came from another college coach watching the game and I seconded that..LOVED his talent, and so did I, just felt he took plays off in that game and did not really defend hard. Thats all..THE KID CAN REALLY PLAY, and is just a junior...Huge upside.

DV, I spoke with Williams and Brown, not the first time these two have come to watch these two players.

In fact, UNC coach Roy Williams flew down to Nederland on Thursday, first day of Nederland tourney, flew back to North Carolina that night, then flew back to Nederland with his assistant the next day. Jackson's parents told me that Williams has been recruiting Justin for quite some time now. Also, both coaches were there to see Isiah Taylor of The Village.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1367219" timestamp="1359232617"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=108668.msg1367214#msg1367214 date=1359232096]
If the likes of Roy Williams and Larry Brown want these guys on their teams, then I'll take their opinions over anyone on this messageboard.  ;)

Don't think these coaches recruit "softies". ::)
[/quote]
Come on man, don't get "star struck" on me...They heard about these kids and it's their JOB to check them out...They will come to the Houston area ANYWAY because of the talent pool alone...and if these kids are being

Both coaches returned the following day to watch Jackson play. Apparently, he like what he saw. I believe he offered Jackson a scholarship, no?

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1367222" timestamp="1359233386"]
DV, I spoke with Williams and Brown, not the first time these two have come to watch these two players.

In fact, UNC coach Roy Williams flew down to Nederland on Thursday, first day of Nederland tourney, flew back to North Carolina that night, then flew back to Nederland with his assistant the next day. Jackson's parents told me that Williams has been recruiting Justin for quite some time now. Also, both coaches were there to see Isiah Taylor of The Village.
[/quote]
And I believe they have, and for good reason! THEY CAN PLAY! Coaches hear about kids and we follow them...No surprises there...

Well I have good idea then.. How about you let the other schools go recruit him since he doesn't fit "toughness" expectations.. ::) What a joke..

This kid is a flay out ball player. Contributes in every category. Dont judge him from a game where he plays against Justin Jackson.. In case you forgot, but I doubt with your vast knowledge you didn't, they play together during the summer.. They aren't going hard at each other because they dont have to for the high school season

Winslow and Jackson will go high D-1 because  of their size, skill level, scoring ability, and other intangibles.  They will work on toughness later when they get to college. It is what it is. They won't pass up on these kids. Just because Dickie said he played soft is not a negative comment. I bet Dickie hears that a lot  among his cohorts about players.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1367242" timestamp="1359241626"]
Winslow and Jackson will go high D-1 because  of their size, skill level, scoring ability, and other intangibles.  They will work on toughness later when they get to college. It is what it is. They won't pass up on these kids. Just because Dickie said he played soft is not a negative comment. I bet Dickie hears that a lot  among his cohorts about players.
[/quote]
COMMON SENSE finally rears its head on the board!! THANK YOU DOVE!!! Geez! :o

[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=108668.msg1367229#msg1367229 date=1359234688]
Well I have good idea then.. How about you let the other schools go recruit him since he doesn't fit "toughness" expectations.. ::) What a joke..

This kid is a flay out ball player. Contributes in every category. Dont judge him from a game where he plays against Justin Jackson.. In case you forgot, but I doubt with your vast knowledge you didn't, they play together during the summer.. They aren't going hard at each other because they dont have to for the high school season

[/quote]

You are not a very smart guy apparently, or you don't read very well, because I KNOW I said those guys were really good...Read the thread further back "smart guy" and you will SEE where I said there were playing whats called "brother in law" ball against each other...READ! My goodness, some of you folks will NEVER get it!  :o

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1367283" timestamp="1359254924"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=108668.msg1367242#msg1367242 date=1359241626]
[/quote]
COMMON SENSE finally rears its head on the board!! THANK YOU DOVE!!! Geez! :o

[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=108668.msg1367229#msg1367229 date=1359234688]

[/quote]

You are not a very smart guy apparently, or you don't read very well, because I KNOW I said those guys were really good...Read the thread further back "smart guy" and you will SEE where I said there were playing whats called "brother in law" ball against each other...READ! My goodness, some of you folks will NEVER get it!  :o
[/quote]

Oh brother.. Smh.. I only hope one day I reach your level of greatness ::)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1367174" timestamp="1359222324"]
He is playing at St. John's...SPC league... ::) ::)...He is talented, but SUPER SOFT, and though he would be an above average talent in 4A/5A, he would not stand out as spectacular as he is now.  I saw him in November and was not impressed. He COULD have taken over the game against MUCH less talent, but just floated along and blended in..He was not that good then.  HCYA's Justin Jackson, is a really talented player with great upside as well, but once again, that home-school league is not helping his game either. Summer ball will hopefully save them both. Yes Bluedove, AAU is STILL the devil, but it is a necessary evil for some!  8)
[/quote] "Summer ball will hopefully save them both. Yes Bluedove, AAU is STILL the devil, but it is a necessary evil for some!  8)"

I estimate by end of this summer, Dickie V will have sold most of his soul to summer ball.  ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    voodoopriestonline
    Newest Member
    voodoopriestonline