SA 3-0 @ WS 3-0/San Augustine wins 57-44!

CATMAN

Besides district, not a lot to compare these two teams.  Only common opponent is Chireno.  WS lost to them in an early tournament by 2.  SA beat em by 30 around Christmas but SA was w/o their starting pg. 

I think WS is probably a lot better now then they were then.  I think SA will win, but don't really have a prediction.  Won't be surprised if its by 1 or by 30.

[quote name="CATMAN" post="1365519" timestamp="1358790632"]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=108425.msg1365462#msg1365462 date=1358772074]
SA is going to run them straght off the court. SA is at full strength now.
[/quote] They have been full strength for a while. 
[/quote]

Not so.

These 2 teams are nearly mirror images of each other, with both wanting to run and gun as many times as they can. Too close to call so no prediction. WS will have their hands full Tuesday, but so will SA. Should be an exciting game. As with the Broaddus game last week, whoever hits their outside shots and free throws consistently will prevail. Should be fun!!!!!!!!!

Pinelandflash-----------Dist.231a div1 is very tough Dist.3 good teams with Zavalla waiting to beat one off the three.They have  WS Friday night @ Zavalla.Is Lufkin Pinewoods a public school.                                                                                                                                         

[quote name="pinelandflash" post="1365623" timestamp="1358835745"]
These 2 teams are nearly mirror images of each other, with both wanting to run and gun as many times as they can. Too close to call so no prediction. WS will have their hands full Tuesday, but so will SA. Should be an exciting game. As with the Broaddus game last week, whoever hits their outside shots and free throws consistently will prevail. Should be fun!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

I don't disagree with this statement...I'll just add this too it.  SA has 10 guys that can play and rotate in...West Sabine does it with 6.  Getting into a track meet isn't going to be their best bet.  WS is going to have to slow it down or they will just get worn out while SA is sending in fresh legs. 

CATMAN...Pineywoods is a private school in Lufkin...Awful at basketball.

[quote name="tigerheart" post="1365675" timestamp="1358868666"]
[quote author=pinelandflash link=topic=108425.msg1365623#msg1365623 date=1358835745]
[/quote]

I don't disagree with this statement...I'll just add this too it.  SA has 10 guys that can play and rotate in...West Sabine does it with 6.  Getting into a track meet isn't going to be their best bet.  WS is going to have to slow it down or they will just get worn out while SA is sending in fresh legs. 

CATMAN...Pineywoods is a private school in Lufkin...Awful at basketball.

@tigerheart------yes depth could be an issue, especially if they get into foul trouble. If they avoid that I see a high scoring game. Should be exciting either way. Hard to get pics for the paper though! Frenetic would be the word I would use to describe the pace of this game..............
[/quote]

[quote name="SAWolverine" post="1365956" timestamp="1358909782"]
I hear SA won 61-46!
[/quote]
So much for this one. As I said previously, SA would run them off the court. WS does not have the talent or athletes to hang with SA. Broaddus is about to get some on Friday. This district is done.

West Sabine came out playing hard and jumped on SA...but from about 4 minutes in to the end of the game, SA out scored em 58-35.  Great defensive effort from SA, not so great offensive effort. Barely 30% from the free throw line.  SA just imposed their will defensively once they gy settled down. Forced alt of turnovers, dominated the boards. Need to continue to improve on offense.

From what I saw and this is strictly my opinion West Sabine's best 5 were better than San Augustine's best 5 BUT SA has good depth where WS has none and that was the difference in the game......  IF SA plays to their potential that depth could take them a long way.

Hey, and a lighter note, I sure do enjoy watchin' that SA coach (Tory Barnes).  He's a really good coach and is full of energy!

I'd take SA's best 5 personally, but that's just me.  WS didn't have an answer for 1,3 or 4.  12 does the little things that don't get noticed.  You can fill in several guys to make that best 5 very good.  SA really didn't use their depth like they normally do.  The bench normally gets more minutes than last night.  But hey, A win is a win is a win. 

[quote name="tigerheart" post="1366108" timestamp="1358956151"]
I'd take SA's best 5 personally, but that's just me.  WS didn't have an answer for 1,3 or 4.  12 does the little things that don't get noticed.  You can fill in several guys to make that best 5 very good.  SA really didn't use their depth like they normally do.  The bench normally gets more minutes than last night.  But hey, A win is a win is a win.
[/quote]I will agree that both teams are pretty dang good....  SA don't take Broaddus too lightly this Friday night, they are salty!!  Good luck SA!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder