*Beaumont Ozen at Beaumont Central Updates*/Central wins 60-52

[quote name="TopFlight" post="1356618" timestamp="1355890191"]
No Toe Toe dunked on Caleb #44....but anyways great win by Central they played HARD from the tip off to the end...Ozen has some soul searching to do ...PERIOD...
[/quote]
Soul searching.........
:o ?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw the whole game.. Great atmosphere and packed house..

Central was the better team, but they definitely did a horrible job with ball control and smart shooting.. That let Ozen get momentum.. Ozen only ran a simple 1-2-2 that Central did well against, but when they switched back to man, Central couldn't hold on to the ball.. And then tried to force shooting when they were winning..

Good game though! Got to sit with Soulja the whole time.. What did you think?

[quote name="TopFlight" post="1356618" timestamp="1355890191"]
No Toe Toe dunked on Caleb #44....but anyways great win by Central they played HARD from the tip off to the end...Ozen has some soul searching to do ...PERIOD...
[/quote] Yea, I forgot about  one.  That dunk off the vertical.  Toe Toe was almost under the goal when he flushed that one home.  I was thinking of the one Wells attempted.

Anyways, Bigshow and that other detractor, what's Ozen's excuse for losing.  This will be interesting.

[quote name="dogs1218" post="1356622" timestamp="1355890557"]
Saw the whole game.. Great atmosphere and packed house..

Central was the better team, but they definitely did a horrible job with ball control and smart shootinG.. That let Ozen get momentum.. Ozen only ran a simple 1-2-2 that Central did well against, but when they switched back to man, Central couldn't hold on to the ball.. And then tried to force shooting when they were winning..

Good game though! Got to sit with Soulja the whole time.. What did you think?
[/quote] Very good assessment.  I enjoyed sitting with you and Brothers.    You guys sure know your  hoops!

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1356623" timestamp="1355890709"]
[quote author=TopFlight link=topic=107579.msg1356618#msg1356618 date=1355890191]
[/quote] Yea, I forgot about  one.  That dunk off the vertical.  Toe Toe was almost under the goal when he flushed that one home.  I was thinking of the one Wells attempted.

Anyways, Bigshow and that other detractor, what's Ozen's excuse for losing.  This will be interesting.
[/quote]

The boys had the flu? I didn't get the chance to see this game but from what i hear, Central is the better team. Congrats on a big win... I will be sure to make it the next time you all meet at Ozen... I am just curious though... What was the free throw attempts for both team? I am not saying that's the reason Central won. Do you know?

Guest BmtTopFlight2017
Yes SOUL SEARCHING. ...I know what these kids are capable of..and comin out lettin teams outplay you for 3 qtrs is inexcusable...if im critical of Central I dang sure will do the same to Ozen....Like I said CENTRAL played HARD every possession...Ozen played in the 4th period now imagine if they woulda started the game like that. .I refuse to take away from Centrals victory they came they saw they conquered. ..1-0 Central...im done...

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1356657" timestamp="1355897300"]
We lost because:
1. It was too cold in the gym
2. The game started too late
3. The gym lights were too dim
4. There wasn't enough water on sideline for players.
[/quote]Did replacing Sanchez for Tebow for one possession have anything to do with it?    ;D

[quote name="no-look" post="1356688" timestamp="1355924143"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=107579.msg1356657#msg1356657 date=1355897300]
We lost because:
1. It was too cold in the gym
2. The game started too late
3. The gym lights were too dim
4. There wasn't enough water on sideline for players.
[/quote]Did replacing Sanchez for Tebow for one possession have anything to do with it?    ;D
[/quote]

Very good point, No look.  I wouldnt be surprised if this was, somehow, the fault of Bush.

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1356684" timestamp="1355923223"]
It's official= Soulja has replaced Da Dove as the #1 prime game prognosticator on the board.  Just as we rank teams, we need to have a ranking of people who predict game outcomes.  Right now, Soulja is the man.
[/quote] Nah, never pretended to be an expert predicting  high school games other than Yates in 3-A ;D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1356698" timestamp="1355926370"]
This game was closer than the score appears. Ozen guys gonna have to play hard in the 1st & 2nd quarters too.
[/quote]

Hmmm- Isnt that about the same difference between Yates and Kingwood Park last year and yet you said the game was never in doubt for Yates?

We are definitely going to have to work on the boards as well. I've been saying this for every game that I've been to and I haven't missed one yet. We don't have the height but that doesn't mean that we can't attack the boards. It was a pretty good game once my Panthers finally realized they were on the court and not on the bus.  :D

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1356717" timestamp="1355927457"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=107579.msg1356698#msg1356698 date=1355926370]
This game was closer than the score appears. Ozen guys gonna have to play hard in the 1st & 2nd quarters too.
[/quote]

Hmmm- Isnt that about the same difference between Yates and Kingwood Park last year and yet you said the game was never in doubt for Yates?
[/quote]Yates was on cruise control with Kingwood Park.

[quote name="uandme08" post="1356720" timestamp="1355927880"]
We are definitely going to have to work on the boards as well. I've been saying this for every game that I've been to and I haven't missed one yet. We don't have the height but that doesn't mean that we can't attack the boards. It was a pretty good game once my Panthers finally realized they were on the court and not on the bus.  :D
[/quote] Yes, they did really back, but I think with the big rally, they spent everything, and didn't have enough in the tank at the end.  The next game well be a good one as well. Ozen will be ready.  Btw, your boy had a good game!

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1356732" timestamp="1355928507"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=107579.msg1356725#msg1356725 date=1355928092]
Does Dove's opinion that 'Central has no 3 point shooters'  still remain the same?
[/quote] Anybody can shoot a three if he is unguarded and wide open. Jacori (sp?) who also happens to be my wife's cousin can shoot.
[/quote]

But can anybody [b]make [/b] a three if he is unguarded?  Why was he "unguarded"?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83