Dylan Williams or Jacob Howell??

Guest D-WillrUnninTRAINS

Guest kountzemania
on top of Ethan Franklin as a Soph. throwing 86 according to perfect game you have another Soph. Austin Marshall for Kountze throwing 85 from the left according to perfect game. Both Soph. this year returning as 1st team all district players as Fresh. and still have  Jr. and Sr. years left. On top of that Kountze will have three more Soph. on the bump...another lefty (Fregia) and two more right handers (Whisenhant and Logion). Add a bit of senior help in Braden Franklin and couple of more, Kountze will be pretty salty. If anything next year and the following should be down right salty...now for the late additions that will be game changers: As soon as Basketball is done Graylan Arnold, Darrion Harper and Justin Harper will be in the mix. If you want to talk about run production, that will not be in short supply either, but no sense waving that flag now because the proof will be in the puddin in about 1 and a 1/2 months. Now for you guys who think I am running the wild with the Kountze is gonna win it all rant; I am not saying other teams in the district don't have equal talent and abilities. As a matter of fact I think this year will be a very tough race for district and we will be strong as a district in playoffs. Just hope and pray all the kids in the district stay health and without injury, because we have a bunch of talented kids!

Williams is better in my opinion. Williams has better control and better off-speed stuff. Just because you throw 90+ does not make you a good pitcher. The times that I saw Howell throw last year I was not really that impressed. Maybe I saw him on off games. But anyhow thats my opinion.

Guest basketball2012
I  had the privilege  to work with both and I worked with williams his freshman yr and he had really good stuff and threw down hill and had good command of the fastball with movement, but his sophomore and junior year he basically stayed the same, he had a chance to be a great prospect especially being left handed. I got to work with howell only for couple of hours and the kid soaks stuff up like a sponge, he has way more upside than williams with a bigger frame and has great arm speed, one thing he does need to work arm is having the same delivery because sometimes he wants to blow it by you and he starts to be inconsistent with his  command dropping his elbow and etc, both are great 2a pitchers no doubt about it but the better pitcher now is Jacob Howell. Williams was better his freshman and sophomore year but howell has improved so much and that's why he has already sign to play for lamar. He has more upside and can get better with his 6ft4 body frame . I wouldn't mind both on my team but if I was recruiting both of them howell would be the guy I would be going after first!!!! Both are great kids to coach!!

[quote name="bullsonparade" post="1357009" timestamp="1355966089"]
Williams is better in my opinion. Williams has better control and better off-speed stuff.[b] Just because you throw 90+ does not make you a good pitcher.[/b] The times that I saw Howell throw last year I was not really that impressed. Maybe I saw him on off games. But anyhow thats my opinion.
[/quote]
I don't believe he throws 90+. But, if thats true, then yes, on the 2A level, it does give a huge advantage.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pngbaseball33
    Newest Member
    pngbaseball33