Newton vs Cameron Yoe in the semi finals

[quote name="Ty Cobb" post="1353456" timestamp="1355236410"]
Come on guys, don't let one person come on here and mess this entire thread up.  Here's what most people know.  Newton is a very good team.  Cameron is a very good team.  Their both in the semi-finals for goodness sake.  These two schools have very good football programs year in and year out.  And there is a little history between these two programs that date as far back as the early to mid 70's and as recent as 2010.  It should be a great game and I think the winner of this game will be the favorite to win the state title.  I hope both teams come out injury free and Go Big YOE!!!
[/quote] all in the past  domination time for the new look Newton! 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Ty Cobb" post="1353456" timestamp="1355236410"]
Come on guys, don't let one person come on here and mess this entire thread up.  Here's what most people know.  Newton is a very good team.  Cameron is a very good team.  Their both in the semi-finals for goodness sake.  These two schools have very good football programs year in and year out.  And there is a little history between these two programs that date as far back as the early to mid 70's and as recent as 2010.  It should be a great game and I think the winner of this game will be the favorite to win the state title.  I hope both teams come out injury free and Go Big YOE!!!
[/quote]

I agree and have said so. None of this other is aimed at Cameron and their team because I do know exactly what you said. It is aimed at one person and one person only. And all in fun. I in no way meant to insult the Cameron team or it's great fans. These two programs and their history with each other is what makes this matchup so interesting, exciting, and anticipated by me. Your right about injury free, but Go mighty Eagles! :)

Both teams are very strong in tradition.  Neither of these schools has lost a game this year.  That is what we know.  You cant compare teams they have played because I can guarantee no one from SE Texas went and watched Yoe play a regular season game and no one from Cameron drove out here to watch Newton.  There are 4 teams left and these are 2 of them.  Best of luck to all players,coaches, and fans involved!!!  And GO YOE!!!!!

[quote name="cowboysfan4life" post="1353495" timestamp="1355240665"]
Both teams are very strong in tradition.  Neither of these schools has lost a game this year.  That is what we know.  You cant compare teams they have played because I can guarantee no one from SE Texas went and watched Yoe play a regular season game and no one from Cameron drove out here to watch Newton.  There are 4 teams left and these are 2 of them.  Best of luck to all players,coaches, and fans involved!!!  And GO YOE!!!!!
[/quote]

Well, the political rush is over for 2012 but let me add this:  I approve your statement - EXCEPT FOR THE GO
YOE part.  As us Southeast Texas Rednecks say - "Ain't
no way!!!"

This late in the season, home-field advantage doesn't matter much. Although I seriously doubt any of these class 2A teams will put 5000 on either side. Considering the average combined attendance for the class 2A state CHAMPIONSHIP games is only around 6500. And that's including coaches that attend and fans from around the state.
Now about the game. "cock"...you're very naive and not too bright if you are overlooking this Newton team. Marion, Lago Vista, and Hallettsville?? And we've played chumps? Lol
28, 24, and 19. Yoe's margins of victory in the playoffs.
51, 41, and 36. Newton's margins of victory in the playoffs.
In fact, Newton scored more points in their lowest scoring game than Yoe scored in their highest.

Yoe is a good football team. But I hope everyone in Cameron has the same attitude you do. If that's true, then there will be a lot of unhappy Yoemen driving back to Cameron Friday night.

Newton 63
Cameron Yoe 35

[quote name="[b]Cock[/b]" post="1353288" timestamp="1355194571"]
[quote author=ChampionEagles link=topic=107274.msg1353182#msg1353182 date=1355184967]
[quote author=[b]Cock[/b] link=topic=107274.msg1353156#msg1353156 date=1355180325]
[color=red][b]A highly overrated Newton is going to get rolled big time![/b][/color]  :P

Yoe -    42
Newton - 7
[/quote]

This is a pretty funny statement, but was wondering exactly what criteria was used to arrive at this conclusion. I think there may be 13 teams that have a little different opinion than this. Just saying...... 8)
[/quote]

[b]Newton has played nothing but chumps[/b]. They are beyond overrated and will finally meet their match in the biggest upset in thus far. They go in with the big head and come out with the big L in this one...
[/quote]
Cock, you really earned your username on this thread!
As far as playing "chumps', Newton "rolled" them as they were supposed to.
This will be a close game but I think Newton has a little too much offense and wins 42-35. I also think the winner of this game wins state.

[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="1354356" timestamp="1355413968"]
This late in the season, home-field advantage doesn't matter much. Although I seriously doubt any of these class 2A teams will put 5000 on either side. Considering the average combined attendance for the class 2A state CHAMPIONSHIP games is only around 6500. And that's including coaches that attend and fans from around the state.
Now about the game. "cock"...you're very naive and not too bright if you are overlooking this Newton team. Marion, Lago Vista, and Hallettsville?? And we've played chumps? Lol
28, 24, and 19. Yoe's margins of victory in the playoffs.
51, 41, and 36. Newton's margins of victory in the playoffs.
In fact, Newton scored more points in their lowest scoring game than Yoe scored in their highest.

Yoe is a good football team. But I hope everyone in Cameron has the same attitude you do. If that's true, then there will be a lot of unhappy Yoemen driving back to Cameron Friday night.

Newton 63
Cameron Yoe 35
[/quote]

In the 2010 state game there were over 5000 fans on the Cameron side of Mansfield's stadium.  Dangierfield's side was about 1/2 full.  It might not be exactly 5000 this Friday night but I promise you the YOEMEN, and their fans, travel very well.  Get ready to see a sea of maroon and GO YOE!!!

I think Cameron Yoe will start out eight in the box on def & Newton will show them they can pass as well as anyone they have seen. Might  just have a great nite of pitch and catch. We will take whatever the Yoe gives us . Newton def will do enough adjustments to win. Newton 41-Cameron Yoe 30.

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="1354626" timestamp="1355443598"]
Newton folks will gather at 1:30pm to give the football boys a sendoff as they pass through town. Also two other neighbors will participate with Jasper doing it at 1:45 along highway 190 and Woodville doing it at 2:15 also along Highway 190!! What great neighbors we have! Go Eagles!! :)
[/quote]

One of the best posts i've read in a while! Thanks for the support from all! It's SETX vs the rest of the state!

Cameron 39-Newton 22, Cameron came out pretty much as I said on def Eight in the box but we didn't pass but a couple of times in the first half (haven't figured that one out yet) I told my wife that if Newton didn't have a 20 point lead by half time we would probably get beat. Our defense is so aggressive that we tend to wear down after 3 quarters. probably some from not having to play over 3 quarters this year and its hard to be that aggressive for any longer with -out rotating these kids  in and out some for a breather. The kids left it all on the field tonight and they played one heck of a game. I hate to see it end for these guys but they were awesome this year. Cameron's defense  had a great game plan holding our offense to only two touchdowns. Cameron's offense had a great game plan mixing the run with the pass ( the slant pass and the deep pass) You kept our #2 and #3 running the whole game chasing receivers that were decoys. Anyone knows boxing, when your legs go, you are in deep trouble. Again I congratulate the kids on this year, heck of a run, heck of a game. We are proud of you!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder