Wo-s vs Lorena

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

imo i belive this is going to be very close the mustangs got all banged up  in there game agnest wc.salter  looks like he has a bad foot are ankle #14 ribs  the rb bad leg and a few more  #41 looked he took a big hit  and went down but came back in like the others did. is there a ruleing saying you cant bring up a JV kid i dont keep up with thr rules.the reason i am asking wo-s has two outstanding rb on the jv  one has over a 1,ooo yards rushing with power and speed maybe some of you might know him saw him only play two games

[quote name="T-Dawd" post="1342223" timestamp="1353864847"]
Pulling for WOS but the state championship will be played this  Friday in Shenendoah.
[/quote]

LM is not world beaters just because they beat your team... The championship will be the championship. And LM exits this weekend.

I sm not going to get on here and say Lorena eill beat WOS but it will be a better game then yall think.  For some of u to say that we havent played the types of teams thst yall do is BS.  WOS has played only 4 teams with winning records and 2 of them came in the playoffs against the #70 & #49 ranked 3A teams.  Hell the avg 3A team ranking yall played is 82 in state.  Lorena only played 3 teams with losing records and avg 3 A ranking they played was 56.  I still think WOS will pull it out but win or lose yall will have respect for the Leopards when its over.  Plus it will be the last win of the year for one of us because Navasota will drill both of us.

I know it doesn't happen often but it does happen.Im talking about those unbeatable teams, think goodness it is settled on the field.If it weren't,Gilmer and Brownwood for two would have been crowned befor they GOT BEAT.This happens to all teams,not just those that seem unbeatable.I for one ain't going to throw in the towel because a team looks unstopable.You going to have to beat me on the field. Stay focused WO-S.

[quote name="corey" post="1342752" timestamp="1353947209"]
I sm not going to get on here and say Lorena eill beat WOS but it will be a better game then yall think.  For some of u to say that we havent played the types of teams thst yall do is BS.  WOS has played only 4 teams with winning records and 2 of them came in the playoffs against the #70 & #49 ranked 3A teams.  Hell the avg 3A team ranking yall played is 82 in state.  Lorena only played 3 teams with losing records and avg 3 A ranking they played was 56.  I still think WOS will pull it out but win or lose yall will have respect for the Leopards when its over.  Plus it will be the last win of the year for one of us because Navasota will drill both of us.
[/quote]
Lol what karma...... smh That's assuming Navasota makes it to next week... And if they do, thats assuming they make it there healthy.

If we get past Lorena (which is gonna be a great, tough game) and Navasota gets past LaMarque (sorry, I think LaMarque has something for them) Watched a little bit of video of Navasota and Coldspring looking at the Navasota Offense.

You really can't accurately judge a team by a small patch of film but here is my impressions and someone can correct me if I am offbase. Quarterback is very good, very good arm and moves well in the pocket. Would remind you of Beasley with a better and more accurate arm, but more of a scrambler as he is looking to get the pass off. They seem to throw a lot of bubble screens and outs to draw defense in then go deep sidelines. Very good timing on the outs, you would almost have to play bump and run on them. Seems like their running game is an offshoot of their passing attack (much like ours during the Beasley years), didn't really see anything that stood out there. Did see a lot of missed tackles by Coldspring that game. Coldspring seemed like they got some pressure on the QB from the outside, I would love to have it up the middle and see how he does. For a team to beat them your A) gonna have to play cover 2 and put a lot of heat on the QB or B) you better have a very talented secondary and be able to put a lot of heat on the QB. I really would have to wonder how they would do on a muddy, extremely windy, or wet field. I think this would be one game I would want to play off of turf (that's not gonna happen). Yes, their offense can be disrupted if your good enough to do certain things.

IMO they would get some points on WOS but not like they are used to. IT would come down to whether or not the Mustang Offense can put points up (I think they can). It would be a great game for sure.

[quote name="skipper" post="1342852" timestamp="1353959068"]
going into the game with the texans we were a 20 point fav    wow that was a long drive home thay out smarted us just ask dan hooks are cornell thompson
[/quote]

I remember differently, Skip.  The Texas sportscasters I listened to said Wimberley was the favorite going into that game.  Many of us thought, "What? Why?"  We learned after the game why they were favored.  They were flat out just better than us.  No Mustang team has ever before or since been steamrolled like that one was.  It's still the only game in school history where WO-S gave up more than 50 points. 

As for the '05 team in comparison to this year's Navasota team...no one can reasonably say the WO-S squad was [i]head and shoulders above[/i] the Rattlers of this season.  Two reasons why...1) the season isn't over yet, so Navasota can still show more of how good they are and 2) our play selection was made by a former OC that is now head coach at another school.  Yeah...remember all the underachieving by the offense during those years? 

I would give this year's Rattlers offense the edge over the '05 Mustang offense. 

[quote name="Txdragon" post="1342822" timestamp="1353955684"]
If we get past Lorena (which is gonna be a great, tough game) and Navasota gets past LaMarque (sorry, I think LaMarque has something for them) Watched a little bit of video of Navasota and Coldspring looking at the Navasota Offense.

You really can't accurately judge a team by a small patch of film but here is my impressions and someone can correct me if I am offbase. Quarterback is very good, very good arm and moves well in the pocket. Would remind you of Beasley with a better and more accurate arm, but more of a scrambler as he is looking to get the pass off. They seem to throw a lot of bubble screens and outs to draw defense in then go deep sidelines. Very good timing on the outs, you would almost have to play bump and run on them. Seems like their running game is an offshoot of their passing attack (much like ours during the Beasley years), didn't really see anything that stood out there. Did see a lot of missed tackles by Coldspring that game. Coldspring seemed like they got some pressure on the QB from the outside, I would love to have it up the middle and see how he does. For a team to beat them your A) gonna have to play cover 2 and put a lot of heat on the QB or B) you better have a very talented secondary and be able to put a lot of heat on the QB. I really would have to wonder how they would do on a muddy, extremely windy, or wet field. I think this would be one game I would want to play off of turf (that's not gonna happen). Yes, their offense can be disrupted if your good enough to do certain things.

IMO they would get some points on WOS but not like they are used to. IT would come down to whether or not the Mustang Offense can put points up (I think they can). It would be a great game for sure.
[/quote]

Good points.  IF...IF...IF we beat Lorena, it will be quite a treat to play either LaMarque or Navasota.  I wish I could be at both games this Friday. 

One game at a time, Mustangs.  All the focus is on Lorena. 

I just watched the game film from navasota vs. coldspring and navasota vs. china spring...and honestly what in the world do they have they we have to worry about!?! They run the spread and basically throw wide receiver screens or deep bombs! That all works against teams you outclass in talent, but that will not be the case if the mustangs square off with the garden snakes next week! The way I see it they scored the same amount little cypress mauriceville did on coldsprings! We shut out LCM! So coldsprings defense must be HORRIBLE!!!!!! Man I hope both teams take care of business this week!!!!!!!!!

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1342802" timestamp="1353953895"]
That 05 Mustang team with Deon Beasley at QB was suppose to be unbeatable.  And that offense was head and heels better then what Navasota puts on the field this year. And we got beat in the semi finals against Whimberely.
[/quote]

I saw that 05 team and this year's navasota team.  I don't buy that WO-S offense was head and shoulders better.  Deon was better runner than Navasota qb, but Navasota qb is an excellent throwing qb.  I think WO-S had better WRs than Navasota does, although Navasotas are very good.  I think both rb at Navasota are very good.  WO-S had an excellent running game too.  I wouldn't have a problem saying WO-S '05 offense was better than this group, but not by much.  IMO anyways.

Now this year's WO-S defense is head and shoulders better than Navasota's defense this year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder