• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In no particular order....
Nederland
LCM
PNG
Livingston

Ozen will upset one of the big dogs to make things interesting, Lumberton will be better and push for a spot, Vidor will remain in the hunt and has the talent to get the 4th spot but will have a let down somewhere that will cost them. Good luck to all of the teams this coming year.

1.Nederland-can keep the chemistry this year they will be the favorite.
2.PN-G will be much deeper in pitching this year with some young guns on the way. Replace alot of seniors at key positions.
3.LC-M will be solid. Griff will reload.
4.Vidor returns some very good players. Green will have a good group.

This should be a very fun district to watch this year. I believe there will be top level pitching match ups every tuesday and friday. It wouldn't suprise me if any of the top 5 teams were to win the district or get left out of the post season all together. With that being said here is my humble opinion at this time.

1. Nederland- When Duplaint is right he's the best all round player in the district. Without him the bulldogs are good enough to win the district, with him they are the hands down favorites.
2. PNG- Legit #1. If they can fill a few holes on defense left by graduation they will give Ned all they want.
3. Livingston- Lantrip, is the real deal and they showed last year they have enough to go with him to compete with the top teams in the district. Now a year older and a year better.
4. Vidor- Yet another top tier starter, in Smith. I hear Fochee (sp) is looking like a 1a. Add that to returning almost thier entire lineup and the sky is the limit. This might actually be a bit low, but pretty tough list.
5. LCM-The bears return some nice arms but will miss the bats that graduated last year more than people think. Graduated 6or7 hitters.
6. Lumberton- New coach, who I believe will instill the disapline needed for long term success for the raiders, but it might take a year or two. However, I am predicting a big step in the right direction and they will play spoiler for at least one of the top 5.
7. Ozen- Very good #1 starter, they seem to always play the spoiler role, but can't quit crack the top 4. I don't see them having the depth to change that this year.
8. Central-Sorry, don't know much about them.

Wow, I gained more respect for the district as a whole just typing that. Can't wait for Spring.

[quote name="espn2" post="1344583" timestamp="1354217882"]
This should be a very fun district to watch this year. I believe there will be top level pitching match ups every tuesday and friday. It wouldn't suprise me if any of the top 5 teams were to win the district or get left out of the post season all together. With that being said here is my humble opinion at this time.

1. Nederland- When Duplaint is right he's the best all round player in the district. Without him the bulldogs are good enough to win the district, with him they are the hands down favorites.
2. PNG- Legit #1. If they can fill a few holes on defense left by graduation they will give Ned all they want.
3. Livingston- Lantrip, is the real deal and they showed last year they have enough to go with him to compete with the top teams in the district. Now a year older and a year better.
4. Vidor- Yet another top tier starter, in Smith. I hear Fochee (sp) is looking like a 1a. Add that to returning almost thier entire lineup and the sky is the limit. This might actually be a bit low, but pretty tough list.
5. LCM-The bears return some nice arms but will miss the bats that graduated last year more than people think. Graduated 6or7 hitters.
6. Lumberton- New coach, who I believe will instill the disapline needed for long term success for the raiders, but it might take a year or two. However, I am predicting a big step in the right direction and they will play spoiler for at least one of the top 5.
7. Ozen- Very good #1 starter, they seem to always play the spoiler role, but can't quit crack the top 4. I don't see them having the depth to change that this year.
8. Central-Sorry, don't know much about them.

Wow, I gained more respect for the district as a whole just typing that. Can't wait for Spring.
[/quote]

ESPN2...check your personal messages.  Thanks.

I dont see PNG finishing that high. I hear they have a JR pitcher that has committed to Alabama but also he gave up 9 HR'S in about 30 innings last year but he was a Soph. I did see the Tyler Herrell kid during the summer who could emerge as their best pitcher. They don't have any proven varsity pitching returning. It could be a long year. I don't know who their starters will be and I do not believe they will have the bats to beat Lantrip,Duplant, or Foshee.
1. Nederland 2. Vidor 3. Livingston 4. LCM maybe PNG

PNG will have Logan Ashmore and Lance Ledew(sp) as their starters both are juniors. They are both good thier catcher will be thier best hitter but I feel they have too many holes to fill to finish too high in the district.

I know i picked lcm to win the district earlier but i will say that Vidor will be tough too handle this year. We lost Peno on the bump, but we have Smith and E. Foshe coming back, they should be the one, two with Fregia,Croft, and N. Foshe filling in. Depending on our bats, wich should be much improved over last year, we should be tough to beat. COME ON JAN. 25TH HURRY UP AND GET HERE!!!! 

[quote name="Titan4" post="1347161" timestamp="1354406889"]
PNG will have Logan Ashmore and Lance Ledew(sp) as their starters both are juniors. They are both good thier catcher will be thier best hitter but I feel they have too many holes to fill to finish too high in the district.

I know i picked lcm to win the district earlier but i will say that Vidor will be tough too handle this year. We lost Peno on the bump, but we have Smith and E. Foshe coming back, they should be the one, two with Fregia,Croft, and N. Foshe filling in. Depending on our bats, wich should be much improved over last year, we should be tough to beat. COME ON JAN. 25TH HURRY UP AND GET HERE!!!! 
[/quote]

I thought it was  Logan Ashworth and Lance Ledoux.  I thought thought Lance was a junior. Also who is this best hitting catcher you speak of?

1.Vidor
2.Nederland
3.LCM
4. Png/Ozen

Vidor - Good pitching, solid defense, very easily could be district favorites, if missteps are made by all others.
NED -  Graduated solid hitters, need to string offense together, could easily win district with the amount of pitching on team. Defense needs to be solid.
LCM  - Never count out LCM.
Ozen - new respect for Panthers as improvements are made.  Png has talent.

Really, I think it could be a toss up, it'll be interesting to see who wants it the most.

[quote name="Titan4" post="1347540" timestamp="1354453472"]
My mistake it is Ashworth and he and Ledeoux are both jrs. I was saying PNGs catcher will be their best hitter. Not that he will be the best in the district, although, I think Yancy will be one of the better hitters in the district. 
[/quote]

Who is PNG's catcher?

[quote name="Titan4" post="1348226" timestamp="1354548945"]
Remember it well. Another thing about Yancey, he is very respectfull, his parents raised a good person and athlete. Who was your son on that team? Paul Fregia is my son. 
[/quote]

We took second in that world series. That was a fun group of boys to coach, and a bunch of very talented ballplayers. Wish all you guys the best this season.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder