Whoa, hold your horses for LU to the SBC.

UNLV

[quote name="UNLV" post="1348846" timestamp="1354632215"]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=106460.msg1348578#msg1348578 date=1354583530]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=106460.msg1348238#msg1348238 date=1354550203]
[quote author=SabineRavine link=topic=106460.msg1348145#msg1348145 date=1354536055]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=106460.msg1348100#msg1348100 date=1354509814]
Sabine and I are like 2 little chick-a-dees fighting over a worm. cheep cheep cheep my worm.
[/quote]

I don't understand why you would bring the word 'fighting' into the discussion.  All I've ever done is point out your inconsistencies and call you out on failing to report any sources for your 'inside information' that you obtained from various message boards.

If anything I would compare it as one chickadee chirping about knowing where all the big worms are at but never showing any evidence, never revealing the location, and changing the subject whenever challenged.
[/quote]LOL, gotta love this guy. big worm, lol.

So what are your thoughts on the LA Tech disaster?
[/quote]

techsters got what they deserved..."hold on, we may get a better offer"-----fun to watch,tho....rather watch them than about 20 of the skools going to bowls....
[/quote]I wonder if Dykes would leave? This will effect recruiting.
[/quote]

i think he's gone no matter what

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Green Menace" post="1349329" timestamp="1354669016"]
[i]"Yeah, ark st and ULL will join Tulsa and go MWC. Hahahaha. oh my i'm dying. "[/i]

That's only half of it.  Some are talking about Arkansas State  and the Big 12 in the same sentence, as in moving to the B12 conference.  Now "that" is hilarious!
[/quote]

One of the most laughable scenarios I have heard.  Give the Ark State fans credit for reaching for the stars, but the BIG 12 will not inhabit Jonesboro Ark, just like they wont with Beaumont TX!

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="1349674" timestamp="1354723353"]
[quote author=Green Menace link=topic=106460.msg1349329#msg1349329 date=1354669016]
[i]"Yeah, ark st and ULL will join Tulsa and go MWC. Hahahaha. oh my i'm dying. "[/i]

That's only half of it.  Some are talking about Arkansas State  and the Big 12 in the same sentence, as in moving to the B12 conference.  Now "that" is hilarious!
[/quote]

One of the most laughable scenarios I have heard.  Give the Ark State fans credit for reaching for the stars, but the BIG 12 will not inhabit Jonesboro Ark, just like they wont with Beaumont TX!
[/quote]Is the problem Beaumont or Lamar because Waco and Lubbock is in the Big XII.

Big 12 let in WVU from the sprawling media metropolis of Morgantown WV. Pac 12 let Utah in. Several are interested in Boise. I do understand that the power conferences want a proven D1 winner with a good fan base, because that's what they have already in the existing members.

[quote name="puddin tane" post="1350533" timestamp="1354836731"]
now divide golden triangle by half----those that still wear their 1970's letter jacket and havent a clue as to where the campus is
[/quote]Something Lamar can cure with right leadership.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="Wreckem2011" post="1356965" timestamp="1355958936"]
I'm still waiting on the MWC.
[/quote]

Are you talking about that thread that said LU would be invited by April of 2011 or 2012, couple guys stating they knew about it first, broke the news first, gauranteed it would happen first, yada yada yada?

Yeah,......me too ::)

As UNLV noted, the WAC will no longer carry football as one of their sports, at least for the short term.  Any interest we had in the WAC should have gone away with that move.  Here's a list of teams that will be in the WAC after this year.

[b]Seattle[/b] (if they don't find another home)
[b]New Mexico State[/b] (if they don't find another home) - football will be as an independent or football only member of another conference if they stay.

[i][b]Joining in 2013[/b][/i]
CSU, Bakersfield
Utah Valley University
Grand Canyon University - Transitioning from Division II
UT-Pan American
Chicago State University

There will be a lot of affiliates in several of the sports.

Denver is going to the Summit League
Idaho is going to the Big Sky (independent or affiliate in football)

Don't want any part of that.  The WAC ship has sailed ...sunk might be a better term.  The Southland Conference has a stronger lineup with less travel.  The WAC will have some decent teams in some of the sports they play, but there's no reason for us to consider them anymore.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    geho
    Newest Member
    geho