Who in 4a will be out next week

Cougtalk

Who will be playing basketball next week.   

140 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be playing basketball next week.

• Crosby
    • Barbers Hill
    • Summer Creek
    • Nederland
    • Two
    • Three
    • all four
    • All four are playing with Arnold shaped balls.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="prepballfan" post="1336225" timestamp="1353262095"]
[quote author=thedogs1987 link=topic=106459.msg1335679#msg1335679 date=1353208210]
ummm, thought this was a trick question.....like

question:  Who in 4a will be out next week?

answer:    1/2 the teams

now,  I see  8)
[/quote]
I can see it being a trick uestion to you :o
[/quote]

yep, no tricks, it's a sure answer for PNG..... :(

Nederland will move on after next week. 8) 8) 8)

I know the 20-4a fans hope it's Crosby. If the 3rd place team from 17-4a beats Ned and Crosby beats the second place team from 17-4a its going to look even worse for 20-4a. Manor just beat Connally the last game of the season for 2nd. Ned definitely has the easiest draw. Just putting the SETX on notice though: If Crosby knocks off Manor you can pencil us in for the regional championship against Texas City/FB Marshall winner. There's a report that one of our 3 year starters at LB broke his foot at the end of the game though, if this is true we just lost a big playmaker on defense which we really couldn't afford against a team that can move it like Manor. I still love our chances though.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1337252" timestamp="1353356195"]
I know the 20-4a fans hope it's Crosby. If the 3rd place team from 17-4a beats Ned and Crosby beats the second place team from 17-4a its going to look even worse for 20-4a. Manor just beat Connally the last game of the season for 2nd. Ned definitely has the easiest draw. Just putting the SETX on notice though: If Crosby knocks off Manor you can pencil us in for the regional championship against Texas City/FB Marshall winner. There's a report that one of our 3 year starters at LB broke his foot at the end of the game though, if this is true we just lost a big playmaker on defense which we really couldn't afford against a team that can move it like Manor. I still love our chances though.
[/quote]

How so?  we already beat you head-to-head.  Never mind, that's the reason for your post anyway. :)

So everybody is still doubting SC?  I really wish I could have seen some of Gtown's games.  The biggest wildcard is their DB's.  If these guys aren't running 4.5's or better, they won't be able to keep up with SC's receivers.  Greg Hogan went to state in track.  Torrey Johnson is another speed demon.  De'Quann Ruffin is the slowest of the bunch, but as a 3rd receiver he's pretty darn good (has a college offer to prove it).  If their DB's are strong and physical, maybe they'll try bump-n-run to throw off our timing & routes.

On the flipside, SC must play their best defense for 4 quarters.  We need some turnovers.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1337377" timestamp="1353364001"]
So everybody is still doubting SC?  I really wish I could have seen some of Gtown's games.  The biggest wildcard is their DB's.  If these guys aren't running 4.5's or better, they won't be able to keep up with SC's receivers.  Greg Hogan went to state in track.  Torrey Johnson is another speed demon.  De'Quann Ruffin is the slowest of the bunch, but as a 3rd receiver he's pretty darn good (has a college offer to prove it).  If their DB's are strong and physical, maybe they'll try bump-n-run to throw off our timing & routes.

On the flipside, SC must play their best defense for 4 quarters.  We need some turnovers.
[/quote]

I found quite a few videos on GT on youtube. There is a complete GT pflugerville game online, and a good early season GT scrimmage showing the defense. the vids made me pause and stop looking past GT.

[quote name="bigdog" post="1337267" timestamp="1353357368"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=106459.msg1337252#msg1337252 date=1353356195]
[/quote]

How so?  we already beat you head-to-head.  Never mind, that's the reason for your post anyway. :)
[/quote]You beat us head to head with in the first game with our new coach and live play-calling. We've progressed since then. We had an ugly loss to Dayton but had more yards than Ned and scored the same 21 points, defense just decided not to come to Liberty County with the rest of the team. Y'all scored 21 on us and put that same 21 on Dayton. I don't think Ned could beat us now, plus you know when we get Ned in the playoffs you can pencil in the W or at least that's how the last couple playoff meetings went. Either way good w this year, see you in Crosby next year . . . . . and y'all know how those games west of the river go. ;)

14, Nederland beat you...quit making excuses for it and move on...you assume that Crosby is the only team in the world that has gotten better since then...market cornered on improvement...Nederland dominated you, period.

I have seen film on Manor and do believe that Crosby can beat them...I have also seen GT as well as SC and I have to give the edge to SC...I will reserve my prediction for the Nederland game until tomorrow

Since you fine folks have been doubting me in the playoff predictions, go ahead and keep on.  Nederland will lose by 10 and Crosby will get blow out.  SC has a battle on their hands, but a late turnover will save them.  Crosby will flop and lose BIG time.  BH will win by 17. 

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1337541" timestamp="1353376362"]
Since you fine folks have been doubting me in the playoff predictions, go ahead and keep on.  Nederland will lose by 10 and Crosby will get blow out.  SC has a battle on their hands, but a late turnover will save them.  Crosby will flop and lose BIG time.  BH will win by 17.
[/quote]

What did someone call you the other night ... smokestradomus  ;D You pull this off and I'll start sending you some lotto cards to fill out.  8)

[quote name="UgotTRUCKED" post="1337575" timestamp="1353378159"]
[quote author=Smoking Baby link=topic=106459.msg1337541#msg1337541 date=1353376362]
[/quote]

What did someone call you the other night ... smokestradomus  ;D You pull this off and I'll start sending you some lotto cards to fill out.  8)
[/quote]

Man you don't want me to scratch a lotto ticket, it would read Smokin Baby owes another dollar.  I don't think I have ever won anything, well other than a steak dinner from a Livingston fan and a shrimp dinner from a Dayton fan.  ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder