CROSBY VS MANOR PREDICTIONS

cougar14

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Wagon Wheel
Saturday at A&M Consolidated. Not sure of time.

Crosby's defense actually played well today. Kept Ozen's playmakers bottled up time after time. I hope #33 for Crosby is okay - injured in 4th quarter.

[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1335337" timestamp="1353193030"]
Waco, Leander, and Georgetown are the 3 loses that Manor has. Those are tough teams. Pulling for Coogs, but I think the Mustangs take this one. Sorry. 28-21
[/quote]Dayton, Nederland, Summer Creek, are our losses and all state ranked. I don't have a good feeling about this one either though. Manor is just like Ozen with a better passing game.

[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1335354" timestamp="1353193407"]
Those teams over there are hard to judge. I know Vista Ridge, and Cedar Park are really good. Georgetown just dropped down from 5A, and Manor, Elgin area are growing so fast out there that they are bound to have some good athletes. I'm just guessing on all of these games honestly by who they've played.
[/quote]I was actually thinking they had a weak district until they swept 18-4a in impressive fashion. I don't think 18-4a's got within single digits any of their games.

Manor looks to be Tuff
3 Losses
Waco close one
Leander (Ranked) 28-7
Got killed by Georgetown

Cougars 3 losses
Nederland
Summer Creek
Dayton

At various point all three have been or are in the top 10 in 4a.

Best win?
Manor
Huntsville?

Cougars
BH.

Stats. Team Type
Manor
Passing Yards 1987 58% completion 17 TD's 9 PIC
Rushing Yards 2318 7.24 ypc 25 TD's

29.1 PPG

Crosby

Aston Walter 1498 53% completion (minus Ozen), 11 TD, 7 PIC (will be 9)

Rushing:
Aston  yards 616 ypc 6.35 7TD's
Austin yards 1319 ypc 9.92 14 TD's

Totals: 2053 rushing yards, 22 TD's (includes people without walter as a last name.)
33 ppg
Seems like Offensively they are really close

Defense:
Manor
16.6 ppg

Cougars
18.3 ppg

Seems like a nail biter.

I'm going to put bets on Crosby's Schedule being slightly harder, and thus they are slightly better than Manor.... we'll go for Crosby 24-17

Missing a couple numbers in there. Aston has 1764 passing, 661 rushing. Austin had 1665, 10.6 ypc before today.

2580 rushing - 1945 pass - 4525 total, 452.5 ypg (per today's program) 

Manor can move it though, had over 500 yards against Huntsville. Might need a calculator for this one.

Guest Wagon Wheel
Ozen had zero passing game today and that is Crosby's defensive weakness. Ozen's QB had the tendency to tuck it and make something happen. They never really tried to throw it downfield.  If Manor can throw the ball, it will be tough.

The Cougar offensive line is now starting 2 sophomores along with 2 juniors and the line is a liability.  The sophomores are struggling somewhat and need some time. A good defensive line exposes us, hence our anemic performance against Nederland.  I seriously doubt Manor has a defense as good as Nederland or Summer Creek but I'm sure there going to be solid- they're in the second round of the playoffs.  Manor has probably not seen a quicker backfield than Crosby's.  Should be a good game.

Just for the Cougar fans feeling a little shaky about the performance: We just gained more yards on Ozen (314) than any other team on their schedule besides Nederland (330). We also held them to the second least yards of the year (167). Ned held them to 127. Ozen schedule included Beaumont Westbrook, PA Memorial, Stephenville, Vidor and Livingston. Ozen also surrendered 211 rushing yards on 21 carries and 3tds to Austin Walter, the most of any single player on the season. Like I said, if Crosby would have played cleaner the gap could have easily been double digits but it didn't happen and Ozen made us play 48 mins and then some. Hats off to 'em. I think the Cougars will be fine with a little tuning this week. Great upcoming matchups though, everybody in 19-4a plays the team that finished in the same position in 17-4a. See if we really have the strongest district in the region. (Chronicle stats above)

*(Baytown Sun stats for Ozen game - Au. Walter 226 yards  Crosby team total  335 yards)

[quote name="cougar14" post="1335553" timestamp="1353201847"]
Just for the Cougar fans feeling a little shaky about the performance: We just gained more yards on Ozen (314) than any other team on their schedule besides Nederland (330). We also held them to the second least yards of the year (167). Ned held them to 127. Ozen schedule included Beaumont Westbrook, PA Memorial, Stephenville, Vidor and Livingston. Ozen also surrendered 211 rushing yards on 21 carries and 3tds to Austin Walter, the most of any single player on the season. Like I said, if Crosby would have played cleaner the gap could have easily been double digits but it didn't happen and Ozen made us play 48 mins and then some. Hats off to 'em. I think the Cougars will be fine with a little tuning this week. Great upcoming matchups though, everybody in 19-4a plays the team that finished in the same position in 17-4a. See if we really have the strongest district in the region.
[/quote]

Subtract the one 68 yard run and it looks much better. =-)()()(

Nice win for the Mustangs over Huntsville. I don't Think we played a very clean game. I believe we had 5 turnovers. ( 4 fumbles and 1 pic).  I stopped counting penalties at number 12. I'm positive we had at least 4 more. I  still think we haven't peaked yet. Still have to feel good that we played so poorly and still put 47 on the board.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1335374" timestamp="1353193983"]
Manor looks to be Tuff
3 Losses
Waco close one
Leander (Ranked) 28-7
Got killed by Georgetown

Best win?
Manor
Huntsville?[/quote]

Waco loss 20-14:  First game of the season. Got behind early, came on strong at the end. We scored to close to gap to six with a few minutes left. We recover the kickoff on their 25 yard line. We got a penalty for illegal formation. One kid with both feet behind the 35 yard line. We stop them, and got the ball at our 3 yard line with 1:20 left. Game ended on their 2 yard line. We caught the pass and our receiver knocked his teammate down.

Leander loss 28-7:  Tied at 7-7 midway thru the 3rd.  Should have been up 21-7 at the half. Drop two wide open balls. Their bigger, stronger was better than our faster.

Georgetown loss 43-8: we played without our QB. They dominated.  I don't think we would have won with him, but it wouldn't have looked so bad.

Best win: @ Pflugerville Connally 20-17.
No one outside of Manor thought we would win.  Down 10-0 at the half. News cameras went home. RB Owens had maybe 20 yards in the first half. Ended the game with 254.

Huntsville win was big. We dominated them in all phases of the game. ( Including turnovers and penalties. We sure had a lot more of each)

[quote name="Chrcj71" post="1335926" timestamp="1353221640"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=106444.msg1335374#msg1335374 date=1353193983]
Manor looks to be Tuff
3 Losses
Waco close one
Leander (Ranked) 28-7
Got killed by Georgetown

Best win?
Manor
Huntsville?[/quote]

Waco loss 20-14:  First game of the season. Got behind early, came on strong at the end. We scored to close to gap to six with a few minutes left. We recover the kickoff on their 25 yard line. We got a penalty for illegal formation. One kid with both feet behind the 35 yard line. We stop them, and got the ball at our 3 yard line with 1:20 left. Game ended on their 2 yard line. We caught the pass and our receiver knocked his teammate down.

Leander loss 28-7:  Tied at 7-7 midway thru the 3rd.  Should have been up 21-7 at the half. Drop two wide open balls. Their bigger, stronger was better than our faster.

Georgetown loss 43-8: we played without our QB. They dominated.  I don't think we would have won with him, but it wouldn't have looked so bad.

No one outside of Manor thought we would win.  Down 10-0 at the half. News cameras went home. RB Owens had maybe 20 yards in the first half. Ended the game with 254.

Huntsville win was big. We dominated them in all phases of the game. ( Including turnovers and penalties. We sure had a lot more of each)
[/quote]
And this is why Crosby will lose in a blowout.

Manor put up 500 yards on Huntsville.  They are a big play team.  You miss, and they are at the house.  Lots of speed, very talented.  Crosby's best win was over Barbers Hill, but that was 2 months ago.  The state ranked teams that they lost to handled them pretty well, and I expect Manor to do the same.  Manor by 21.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1336006" timestamp="1353249352"]
[quote author=Chrcj71 link=topic=106444.msg1335926#msg1335926 date=1353221640]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=106444.msg1335374#msg1335374 date=1353193983]
Manor looks to be Tuff
3 Losses
Waco close one
Leander (Ranked) 28-7
Got killed by Georgetown

Best win?
Manor
Huntsville?[/quote]

[/quote]
And this is why Crosby will lose in a blowout.
[/quote]You must think they would blow Vidor out too. Y'all beat Ozen by the same 7 we did. We put up more yards than Vidor on Ozen and held them to less. Scored 6 less points but we had the two turnovers deep in the redzone. This is going to be one of the nastiest and fastest defenses Manor has seen all year. We had a bad game against Dayton. Still put up nearly 500 yards on them just had numerous breakdowns in the secondary but hopefully that's fixed. Even with our Ned game we're still averaging a shade under 400 ypg on the 5 playoff teams we've played so far this year. Stats don't mean anything now, if they did Vidor wouldn't have almost gotten doubled up by SC.

[quote name="Chrcj71" post="1336639" timestamp="1353287709"]
What's they story on Crosby? What type of offense do they run?  Just trying to see what my Mustangs are up against this Saturday.
[/quote]
They got two guys. The Walter twins. Shut them down and thats the ballgame lol.

But to give props to crosby it is very [size=12pt][b]very[/b][/size] [size=18pt][b]VERY[/b][/size] hard to stop those twins.

Guest Wagon Wheel
I think it will be a shoot out. The Manor RB can get out of the gate and he is gone. Both of these teams are liable to score a shade under what Vidor is averaging in basketball.  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder