Reliant????

EagleEyes

I recently read where reliant had purchased turf for the use of college games and to host high school games, anybody know when this will happen?????? Jerry world is hosting 4 games today, Reliant needs to get the ball rolling. Would be nice to go to one place and catch a couple of games (old astrodome days).

[quote name="EagleEyes" post="1334789" timestamp="1353170524"]
I recently read where reliant had purchased turf for the use of college games and to host high school games, anybody know when this will happen?????? Jerry world is hosting 4 games today, Reliant needs to get the ball rolling. Would be nice to go to one place and catch a couple of games (old astrodome days).
[/quote]turf will be played on next week at Reliant

[quote name="EagleEyes" post="1334789" timestamp="1353170524"]
[/quote]

It has already been purchased.  3 games are scheduled for next Friday at Reliant including 2 5A games and the rematch of La Marque vs Coldspring.

[quote name="Rattler99" post="1334794" timestamp="1353170779"]
[quote author=EagleEyes link=topic=106425.msg1334789#msg1334789 date=1353170524]
[/quote]

It has already been purchased.  3 games are scheduled for next Friday at Reliant including 2 5A games and the rematch of La Marque vs Coldspring.
[/quote]

Thanks, great to hear. I can remember going to the dome as a young kid and watching games all day (or seemed like it).

[quote name="EagleEyes" post="1334797" timestamp="1353170937"]
[quote author=Rattler99 link=topic=106425.msg1334794#msg1334794 date=1353170779]
[quote author=EagleEyes link=topic=106425.msg1334789#msg1334789 date=1353170524]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks, great to hear. I can remember going to the dome as a young kid and watching games all day (or seemed like it).
[/quote]Always enjoyed those playoff games at the Dome.

[quote name="Trojan10" post="1334870" timestamp="1353175885"]
Adult $10 students $7
[/quote]

Man, that ain't bad. 10 and 7? That's cheaper than watching a game at Moorehead, lol. Seems like they really want to invest in the greatest sport on Earth.....Texas HS football.

Guest ECBucFan
FRIDAY:

Langham Creek (9-2) vs. Katy (11-0)
12:00 Friday, Reliant

Stratford (9-2) vs. Dawson (11-0)
4 p.m. Friday, Reliant

Coldspring (9-2) vs. La Marque (10-1)
8 p.m. Friday, Reliant

SATURDAY:

Alief Taylor (8-3) vs. Lamar (11-0)
11 a.m. Saturday, Reliant

Elsik (8-3) vs. Cinco Ranch (8-3)
3 p.m. Saturday, Reliant

Deer Park (6-5) vs. Travis (7-4)
7 p.m. Saturday, Reliant

[quote name="NDNation" post="1337235" timestamp="1353355294"]
I know they want to keep the grass for the Texans...but that field looked like crud on Sunday..patches of green here and there...you can see the squares and seams.
[/quote]

I was wondering how that was going to work out,  pulling the grass up for turf and then putting it back down the day before a game.  I guess that's the answer.

Guest ECBucFan

REMINDER:

SATURDAY:

Alief Taylor (8-3) vs. Lamar (11-0)
11 a.m. Saturday, Reliant

Elsik (8-3) vs. Cinco Ranch (8-3)
3 p.m. Saturday, Reliant

Deer Park (6-5) vs. Travis (7-4)
7 p.m. Saturday, Reliant

Parking was 10.00 and I paid 13.00 bucks for a ticket. I thought this was supposed to be a neutral venue.Every Time the LaMarque defense made a good play the stadium announcer would say"How 'bout that LaMarque defence".This was irritating to me and many others that were here representing our district. Not once did he say anything about Coldspring.

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="TexasMinuteman" post="1340416" timestamp="1353742279"]
Parking was 10.00 and I paid 13.00 bucks for a ticket. I thought this was supposed to be a neutral venue.Every Time the LaMarque defense made a good play the stadium announcer would say"How 'bout that LaMarque defence".This was irritating to me and many others that were here representing our district. Not once did he say anything about Coldspring.
[/quote]

That would tick me off, too. If a venue offers a NEUTRAL site to two teams, they should stay neutral in their PA commentary for sure.

Kind of reminds me of EC basketball often playing at regionals at Tyler JC. EC had a 4 hr. drive to play opponents based less that 30 min. away. The PA guy there would yell and support the "neighborhood" opponent of EC at this UIL "neutral" site.    ::)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder