Hull-Daisetta Bobcats vs Alto Yellow Jackets

Who you got in this hard hitting game?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got in this hard hitting game?

• Hull-Daisetta
    • Alto

Congrats on the 1st RD victory Alto. We all know most people will pick Alto to beat HD. Alto has earned that respect, one of the winningest football programs in Texas. Alto is no doubt a beast of a team. This Hull-Daisetta team has lots of size and talent. Coach Finney has came in and rekindled the pride and tradition of old. These HD players believe they can win any game, Coach Finney has their minds right. Yes, to win this game we will have to be flawless in our execution and play our best 2nd half of the season. Alto may be the best 2nd half team in the State. HD will have to smother the Alto fire they always ignite in the 2nd half. Some trick plays in the 2nd half and NOT letting our foot off of the accelerator. Darrell Lavalais will have more than 5 carries this game. HD has the hogs up front and big RB's to pound Alto and dominate the time of possession. Chris Herman and Darrell Lavalais will be ready to pound. Alto seems to start slow and HD has been starting fast. This game will be exciting to watch. I would love to hear the half time speech Coach Finney gives. It will be critical for HD to come out swinging in 2nd half. GO BOBCATS!!

Hull-Daisetta 24
Alto 21

Dustin Welch wins game with field goal.

I think whoever wins the war in the trenches will win this game. Both teams can pound the rock and play good defense. If either team's offensive/defensive line begins to dominate, that will be the difference. Lavalais and Whitaker will be the two best players on both sides of the ball for their teams, but I think they cancel each other out at RB/LB. Sturns and Edmondson are both solid QB's. HD will not have 5 turnovers (4 in 2nd half) like Harleton did to open the flood gates for the Yellowjackets. I think this will be a pretty low-scoring affair. HD will want to pound the ball with Herman, Lavalais, Espree, Edmondson, Redmond, and Hickman to set the tone. They do have nice WR's in Mosely, Huckabay, and Welch. Both teams will have to hang on to the ball and eliminate turnovers. Special teams and limiting the big play is always a key, especially in a matchup like this. The ROACHES have to be nasty in the trenches for HD to win, and I honestly think they will.

Bobcats - 26

Yellowjackets - 20

[move][size=36pt][color=red]HD NATION!!![/color][/size][/move]

San Augustine ran all over Alto...to the tune of over 450 rushing yards.  Alto only stopped San Augustine 2 maybe 3 times all night.  San Augustine let Alto back in the game simply because they turned the ball over on two very ugly interceptions (a big under throw on an out route and a slant that hit the wr in the chest and popped up).  Alto was throwing the kitchen sink at San Augustine defensively and never found an answer.  Now I have not seen Hull-Daisetta, but I can say this about alto.  They don't mind playing smash mouth football and they don't mind getting into a shoot out with you.  They can ground and pound and run the clock, and they can spread ya out and play at a very rapid pace.  They have some big boys up front, and they will hit you on defense.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1336289" timestamp="1353264895"]
[quote author=HDBobcats9 link=topic=106414.msg1336267#msg1336267 date=1353263991]
Can't wait. This should be a great game!!
[/quote]A little different watching a game at 2pm. Friday night lights are hard to beat. Hoping the Bobcats come out hyped up. We have to hit them in the mouth early on.
[/quote]
Dont forget my seat.

Can't wait to see some more "Finney Ball"!!! If there is a way to beat somebody you can bet that Coach Finney has figured it out...I'll bet he has spent just about every waking minute watching game tapes and figuring out ways to stop and then attack Alto...now if those BobKats can carry out the game plan and keep the turnovers to a minimum HD will win...I will finally get to see you guys play, it worked out perfect...we don't play till 7:30 in Tyler so there will be some folks there with maroon on hollering for Coach Finney and the Bobcats!!!

[b]LOAD IT UP AND RUN THAT TUNNELL SWEEP COACH!!!!! GOOD LUCK FROM THE MAUD CARDINALS!!![/b]

HD-35
Alto-21

Guest incognito123
Does anyone know if there will be a radio or internet broadcast?  Maybe KSHN will carry it on the frequency since all other LC teams are playing basketball!! 

Bobcats can win this.  They will win this.  It will be close, but Friday is HD's coming out party. 

Guest incognito123
[quote name="HDBobcats9" post="1337050" timestamp="1353346061"]
KSHN will stream the game online and I'm pretty sure they will broadcast it on 99.9.

Just go to kshn.com and click on the Bobcat logo at the bottom of the screen to take you to the Teamline broadcast.
[/quote]

Cool.  Who does the broadcasts?  Bobcats9 and Bobcat55 ought to get on there.  It'd be great!

[quote name="BringThePain" post="1337105" timestamp="1353349996"]
[quote author=HDBobcats9 link=topic=106414.msg1337050#msg1337050 date=1353346061]
KSHN will stream the game online and I'm pretty sure they will broadcast it on 99.9.

Just go to kshn.com and click on the Bobcat logo at the bottom of the screen to take you to the Teamline broadcast.
[/quote]

Cool.  Who does the broadcasts?  Bobcats9 and Bobcat55 ought to get on there.  It'd be great!
[/quote]

Lol, i'm not sure who does the broadcasts for HD. HD55 and myself better not get on there, may not be a delay and neither of us have the best on-air etiquette... especially during the Bobcat games!! lol

[quote name="PowerMfootball" post="1336980" timestamp="1353340788"]
Can't wait to see some more "Finney Ball"!!! If there is a way to beat somebody you can bet that Coach Finney has figured it out...I'll bet he has spent just about every waking minute watching game tapes and figuring out ways to stop and then attack Alto...now if those BobKats can carry out the game plan and keep the turnovers to a minimum HD will win...I will finally get to see you guys play, it worked out perfect...we don't play till 7:30 in Tyler so there will be some folks there with maroon on hollering for Coach Finney and the Bobcats!!!

[b]LOAD IT UP AND RUN THAT TUNNELL SWEEP COACH!!!!! GOOD LUCK FROM THE MAUD CARDINALS!!![/b]

HD-35
Alto-21
[/quote]

All this Finney-Finney-Finney talk makes me wander if some of you people even have a clue about Alto's HC ?!  Well let me educate yall a little bit, Coach Gardner has been in the coaching business for 25+ years with 3 State Rings on the resume ( 2 at Alto, 1 as an assistant at Corrigan ).  Alto will be prepared!

Guest incognito123
[quote name="AltoJacketFan5" post="1337389" timestamp="1353364639"]
[quote author=PowerMfootball link=topic=106414.msg1336980#msg1336980 date=1353340788]

HD-35
Alto-21
[/quote]

All this Finney-Finney-Finney talk makes me wander if some of you people even have a clue about Alto's HC ?!  Well let me educate yall a little bit, Coach Gardner has been in the coaching business for 25+ years with 3 State Rings on the resume ( 2 at Alto, 1 as an assistant at Corrigan ).  Alto will be prepared!
[/quote]

Most all of us are aware of Alto's pedigree and we all know that they will be prepared.  No one is knocking Alto.  Their tradition and history speak for itself.  We are simply saying that HD is no pushover and they have a good chance to defeat Alto.  HD has a great coaching staff and they will have the kids prepared.  HD also has two weeks to prepare for Alto and Alto has one week, Thanksgiving week, to prepare for HD.  Hd will pull off the upset, no disrespect to Alto.

[quote name="AltoJacketFan5" post="1337389" timestamp="1353364639"]
[quote author=PowerMfootball link=topic=106414.msg1336980#msg1336980 date=1353340788]

HD-35
Alto-21
[/quote]

[/quote]Apparently this clown didn't read the first post on this thread. I gave Alto credit, everyone on here has. We have continously heard how good Alto is and all the reasons why HD has no chance. I am here to tell you HD is not gonna lay down and play dead. HD is coming like a freight train and Alto is just another car in it's path. Buckle them chin straps up real tight Yeller Belly Jackets, HD's about to knock snot bubbles out! GO BOBCATS let's beat them SUPER HUMAN Yeller Belly Jackets!!!!!!  ;D 8) :-* :P

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin