Summer Creek is HUGE!!!!!!

JMcShan

[color=maroon][i]Its not going to be up to them.  Both schools are going to see growth in the next 5 years.  That being said, Summer Creek will hit 3200 hist even withou the neighborhoods being removed.  SC will be just fine after the give back, The wife and i were considering to move there with the announcment of Generation park (im in the oil business,and my firm is looking into buying parcels there).  Thats going to bring a lot of folks to all three Humble ISD schools, as well as CE KING[/i][/color]

Yeah, Generation Park sounds incredible and I'm really hoping to see my home value skyrocket.  I'm worried about the traffic though.  I'm in O&G too.  The location is GREAT in terms of access (the people are cool too).  You can get to several major roads QUICK, as well as IAH, and downtown AND you have an incredible SC High School with skill players better than Katy!  TigerAttack, you gotta move outta the sticks my friend.  ;D

Thanks for the heads up re: redistricting.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1338154" timestamp="1353450696"]
I actually don't believe SC can beat a Katy or Northshore right now, they are 5a for a reason. They have talent pools twice SC size almost, and we wouldn't be able to compete with that.....now if you talking skill players, our skill players can play and start at any one of those schools...that's why we beat Northshore every year in 7 on 7..,,.you give SC Northshores and Katy lineman, and see what happens....Dline too. 8)
[/quote]

according to the number, Katy only has about a 700+ enrollment advantage over SC.  North Shore has a nearly 1700 enrollment advantage.

SC has nearly the same advantage over Dayton.  Dayton recently beat a team +800 advantage. 

The differences aren't huge.  Schools with 1800 kids use to play in 5a against teams like North Shore and win.  Its about partcipation.  Katy exibits almost a 35% male turnout.  thats huge.  And success brings better quality players.  need to look no further then Donovonn Young from Humble High coming to play his last two seasons with Katy.

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1338147" timestamp="1353450082"]
[quote author=TIGERATTACK link=topic=106400.msg1338093#msg1338093 date=1353445129]
You also have to remember, that Katy demolished Humble when it was sporting 5000+ kids.  When your Varsity was as big as ours.  When you were far more talented, far faster, and at times even better coached.  You took it to us one year, only to lose to us in the playoffs in what wasn't even a game. 

Ive seen the best Humble area has to offer, trust me some of the names that came out of Humble high school are Texas football legends.  They just weren't enough.    Best team the Humble ISD team i saw was hands down the Wildcats 97 team.  Probably the best i have ever seen, unfortunetly they had their key players out in the playoff game against Beaumont.  shame too, you don't have that sort of talent on your team but once ever 20-30 years.
[/quote]

That's because of coaching....Back then Humble high would have killed Katy, if they had better coaches, and majority of the community can tell you that ::)
[/quote]

Oh better coaching then Texas High School Hall of Fame Coach Neil Quillen?  I don't think anyone would argue that that man was a "great"  as was Mike Johnston from Katy.

Difference?  Katy built a program, and every year Humble ISD teams build teams.

[quote name="TIGERATTACK" post="1338162" timestamp="1353451492"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=106400.msg1338154#msg1338154 date=1353450696]
I actually don't believe SC can beat a Katy or Northshore right now, they are 5a for a reason. They have talent pools twice SC size almost, and we wouldn't be able to compete with that.....now if you talking skill players, our skill players can play and start at any one of those schools...that's why we beat Northshore every year in 7 on 7..,,.you give SC Northshores and Katy lineman, and see what happens....Dline too. 8)
[/quote]

according to the number, Katy only has about a 700+ enrollment advantage over SC.  North Shore has a nearly 1700 enrollment advantage.

SC has nearly the same advantage over Dayton.  Dayton recently beat a team +800 advantage. 

The differences aren't huge.  Schools with 1800 kids use to play in 5a against teams like North Shore and win.  Its about partcipation.  Katy exibits almost a 35% male turnout.  thats huge.  And success brings better quality players.  need to look no further then Donovonn Young from Humble High coming to play his last two seasons with Katy.
[/quote]

You have people moving to Katy and Northshore specifically for sports. Donovan Young left humble due to coaching. I can get him on phone right now to tell you that....

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1338161" timestamp="1353451408"]
[color=maroon][i]Its not going to be up to them.  Both schools are going to see growth in the next 5 years.  That being said, Summer Creek will hit 3200 hist even withou the neighborhoods being removed.  SC will be just fine after the give back, The wife and i were considering to move there with the announcment of Generation park (im in the oil business,and my firm is looking into buying parcels there).  Thats going to bring a lot of folks to all three Humble ISD schools, as well as CE KING[/i][/color]

Yeah, Generation Park sounds incredible and I'm really hoping to see my home value skyrocket.  I'm worried about the traffic though.  I'm in O&G too.  The location is GREAT in terms of access (the people are cool too).  You can get to several major roads QUICK, as well as IAH, and downtown AND you have an incredible SC High School with skill players better than Katy!  TigerAttack, you gotta move outta the sticks my friend.  ;D

[/quote]

lol

I work downtown, Humble is the sticks.  Katy area is alot more developed then the Humble area.  But the city of Humble and Katy are very similar, still rural like.

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1338166" timestamp="1353451693"]
[quote author=TIGERATTACK link=topic=106400.msg1338162#msg1338162 date=1353451492]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=106400.msg1338154#msg1338154 date=1353450696]
[/quote]

[/quote]

You have people moving to Katy and Northshore specifically for sports. Donovan Young left humble due to coaching. I can get him on phone right now to tell you that....
[/quote]

I know the young man well, and his father.  It was ALOT more then coaching.  But i won't devulge personal information on the internet.  You win their cowboy.      and people move to Katy for the sports and education because it is the BEST.

[quote name="TIGERATTACK" post="1338165" timestamp="1353451666"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=106400.msg1338147#msg1338147 date=1353450082]
[quote author=TIGERATTACK link=topic=106400.msg1338093#msg1338093 date=1353445129]
You also have to remember, that Katy demolished Humble when it was sporting 5000+ kids.  When your Varsity was as big as ours.  When you were far more talented, far faster, and at times even better coached.  You took it to us one year, only to lose to us in the playoffs in what wasn't even a game. 

Ive seen the best Humble area has to offer, trust me some of the names that came out of Humble high school are Texas football legends.  They just weren't enough.    Best team the Humble ISD team i saw was hands down the Wildcats 97 team.  Probably the best i have ever seen, unfortunetly they had their key players out in the playoff game against Beaumont.  shame too, you don't have that sort of talent on your team but once ever 20-30 years.
[/quote]

That's because of coaching....Back then Humble high would have killed Katy, if they had better coaches, and majority of the community can tell you that ::)
[/quote]

Oh better coaching then Texas High School Hall of Fame Coach Neil Quillen?  I don't think anyone would argue that that man was a "great"  as was Mike Johnston from Katy.

Difference?  Katy built a program, and every year Humble ISD teams build teams.
[/quote]

Quillen was a good coach before that run, but it was time for him to go....just like the community didn't want any part of the Quillens at Atascocita HS.....but Walt Beasley took over, and caused kids to leave Humble high, including Donovan Young

[quote name="TIGERATTACK" post="1338169" timestamp="1353451889"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=106400.msg1338166#msg1338166 date=1353451693]
[quote author=TIGERATTACK link=topic=106400.msg1338162#msg1338162 date=1353451492]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I know the young man well, and his father.  It was ALOT more then coaching.  But i won't devulge personal information on the internet.  You win their cowboy.      and people move to Katy for the sports and education because it is the BEST.
[/quote]

Actually Aldine ISD education is the best you ask me ::).  They move to Katy for Football, they have lineman every year, but I wonder why Katy never have kids go to college on athletic schlorships

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1338173" timestamp="1353452161"]
[quote author=TIGERATTACK link=topic=106400.msg1338169#msg1338169 date=1353451889]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=106400.msg1338166#msg1338166 date=1353451693]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Actually Aldine ISD education is the best you ask me ::).  They move to Katy for Football, they have lineman every year, but I wonder why Katy never have kids go to college on athletic schlorships
[/quote]

Because their not good enough.  But a team full of athletes usually doesn't go all the way.  Ask Ike, Humbles of the 90's and early 00's, Westfield, Spring, Hightower, etc.  They dont win championships like us because they are player based, not program based.    We will build better teams, because its more then just Football.  If you treat the kids like horses to be plugged in to win, then you will get some few astonshing performances.  However, you will almost never get a well oiled machine that works as a total unit.    Talent is probably about 10% of the equation, the rest is your message, system, and commitment to doing things the right way.   

Aldine ISD is great only for at risk students.  Kids that are really smart, go unchallanged in that district.  Katy ISD, and The Woodlands ISD are the best for the individual student.  Humble ISD could be, if they stopped playing politics.

[quote name="TIGERATTACK" post="1338179" timestamp="1353452741"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=106400.msg1338173#msg1338173 date=1353452161]
[quote author=TIGERATTACK link=topic=106400.msg1338169#msg1338169 date=1353451889]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Because their not good enough.  But a team full of athletes usually doesn't go all the way.  Ask Ike, Humbles of the 90's and early 00's, Westfield, Spring, Hightower, etc.  They dont win championships like us because they are player based, not program based.    We will build better teams, because its more then just Football.  If you treat the kids like horses to be plugged in to win, then you will get some few astonshing performances.  However, you will almost never get a well oiled machine that works as a total unit.    Talent is probably about 10% of the equation, the rest is your message, system, and commitment to doing things the right way.   

Aldine ISD is great only for at risk students.  Kids that are really smart, go unchallanged in that district.  Katy ISD, and The Woodlands ISD are the best for the individual student.  Humble ISD could be, if they stopped playing politics.
[/quote]Well said my friend, and you all have the trophies to prove it!!!!!

I firmly agree that Katy is about program building over team building.  That's clear in the product they produce collectively vs the individual input of talent.  I've seen this same kind of success in my home state of Pennsylvania.  If you're bored, check out the run of Central Bucks West.  They are very Katy-like in the quality of coaching and the program they have established.  They're also very Katy-like in having similar demographics of student body.

Regarding education, Humble ISD has the tax base to have world class teaching and schools.  If you can build two new high schools and renovate another one (not to mention all the new middle and elementary schools) PLUS renovate Turner field into a place many small colleges would envy ...my goodness, there can't be a shortage of money.

[quote name="TIGERATTACK" post="1338167" timestamp="1353451791"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=106400.msg1338161#msg1338161 date=1353451408]

[/quote]

lol

I work downtown, Humble is the sticks.  Katy area is alot more developed then the Humble area.  But the city of Humble and Katy are very similar, still rural like.
[/quote]

Hmmmm?  You might as well play in San Antonio ISD being all the way out in Katy...lol!

[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=106400.msg1338173#msg1338173 date=1353452161]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sounds likes you are just going by demographics, honestly all the districts are teaching Texas Teks, which prepare them for the standardize testing, which ranks Texas 47th in Education due to testing. Now I will say Katy and Woodlands parents have  the means to supplement their education through  Kumon and Sylvian learning....which will help inhance any child's academic success

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1338275" timestamp="1353462483"]
[quote author=TIGERATTACK link=topic=106400.msg1338179#msg1338179 date=1353452741]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sounds likes you are just going by demographics, honestly all the districts are teaching Texas Teks, which prepare them for the standardize testing, which ranks Texas 47th in Education due to testing. Now I will say Katy and Woodlands parents have  the means to supplement their education through  Kumon and Sylvian learning....which will help inhance any child's academic success
[/quote]

No.  They give their students the Teks test, and a majority of them pass because they have a solid Elementry through middle school education program.  Their high schools, don't teach to the test.  They teach to the students.   

All Schools are not the same, and i can assure your that the my kids didn't have to go to Kumon or Sylvian to get supplement education.  We just had great great teachers. 

[quote name="TIGERATTACK" post="1338531" timestamp="1353513076"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=106400.msg1338275#msg1338275 date=1353462483]
[quote author=TIGERATTACK link=topic=106400.msg1338179#msg1338179 date=1353452741]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No.  They give their students the Teks test, and a majority of them pass because they have a solid Elementry through middle school education program.  Their high schools, don't teach to the test.  They teach to the students.   

All Schools are not the same, and i can assure your that the my kids didn't have to go to Kumon or Sylvian to get supplement education.  We just had great great teachers.
[/quote]

There are great teachers in every district, with different variables to work through in order to teach their children. However, the TEXAS education system is still ranked very low. Therefore you can't say what schools are better. Aldine has schools that are ranked very high. Mac Arthur and Carver high school was ranked Nationally. It don't matter how you look at it, TEXAS is ranked 47th and that's not good

• 7 months later...
[quote name="$MTC-28$" post="1336679" timestamp="1353289468"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=106400.msg1336508#msg1336508 date=1353276787]
Angleton is suspect. If Nederland nearly beat you buy scoring 31 points ...this is d same Nederland that let a very weak Dayton hang around.  Angleton is good but not great. Just like BH, Crosby, Dayton, Nederland, and Vidor.  Good, not great.
[/quote]
Keep talking man. One day that mouth of yours is gonna write a check your arse can't cash.  8)
[/quote]He's currently writing it MTC28  ;)

[quote name="TIGERATTACK" post="1338028" timestamp="1353439531"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=106400.msg1337360#msg1337360 date=1353363139]

Watching Katy this year is like watching slow motion.  The biggest edge Katy has is DEFENSE.  I will agree your defensive play is on another level.  Your offense is some pound and grind slow motion game.  Your running back is lucky if he runs a 4.7 with the wind at his back.
[/quote]

You know, it was only two-three years ago your little pocket of Region 3 was spouting off about how "slow" we were.    That Atascocita team that was senior heavy, FAR more talented then this SC team, and we gave them a whooping they would never forget.    We beat them in all phases of the game, It was over before it started.  Speed means very little if your kids don't have the fundementals down.  Just ask North Shore what they think about Katy, and our "Slowness".  How about you ask Humble about our "slowness".  Ask Ike about our "Slowness".  Ask Alief Taylor about our "slowness".  lol 

You are beyond hilarious.    Not only would the Tigers take you to the woodshed, we'd give your middle school players nightmares.

You'll get your chance their puppies, and when you do, don't say i didn't warn you.  lol
[/quote] ;D

[quote name="TIGERATTACK" post="1338162" timestamp="1353451492"]
[/quote]

The differences aren't huge.  [b]Schools with 1800 kids use to play in 5a against teams like North Shore and win[/b].  Its about partcipation.  Katy exibits almost a 35% male turnout.  thats huge.  And success brings better quality players.  need to look no further then Donovonn Young from Humble High coming to play his last two seasons with Katy.
[/quote] ;)

[quote name="TIGERATTACK" post="1338169" timestamp="1353451889"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I know the young man well, and his father.  It was ALOT more then coaching.  But i won't devulge personal information on the internet.  You win their cowboy.      and people [b]move[/b] to Katy for the sports and education because it is the BEST.
[/quote] ;)

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]TigerAttack was doing some much needed preachin' to SC folks i see.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder