PAM playoff road

Those of you saying the PAM matches up 'well' or 'perfectly' with Manvel must not have paid attention to stats that Dave and I were talking about in the broadcast Friday night.  PAM has yet to face a team that can really throw the ball.....newsflash, Manvel can.  Their QB is the #1 5A QB in the STATE....almost 4K yards, 40+ TDs and only 8 INTs....his number one receiver has 1300 yards and 15 TDs.  I have maintained that the run game is PAMs obvious defensive weakness all season....but they haven't been tested through the air like Manvel will.

PAM is gonna need a focused effort by the O-line, better playcalling (quit running every play to the short side of the field and don't call same plays back to back just because you picked up a chunk of yards the first time you ran it, don't go for a 2 pt conversion in the 1st quarter, etc.), clock management and the special teams has to show up (no blocked punts for safeties, no missed PATs).  Oh yeah....someone needs to take Rucker whatever he needs this week...chicken soup, orange juice, massage therapist, hyperbaric chamber....so that he can go on Sat.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="O-lineGuru" post="1327486" timestamp="1352660243"]
Those of you saying the PAM matches up 'well' or 'perfectly' with Manvel must not have paid attention to stats that Dave and I were talking about in the broadcast Friday night.  PAM has yet to face a team that can really throw the ball.....newsflash, Manvel can.  Their QB is the #1 5A QB in the STATE....almost 4K yards, 40+ TDs and only 8 INTs....his number one receiver has 1300 yards and 15 TDs.  I have maintained that the run game is PAMs obvious defensive weakness all season....but they haven't been tested through the air like Manvel will.

PAM is gonna need a focused effort by the O-line, better playcalling (quit running every play to the short side of the field and don't call same plays back to back just because you picked up a chunk of yards the first time you ran it, don't go for a 2 pt conversion in the 1st quarter, etc.), clock management and the special teams has to show up (no blocked punts for safeties, no missed PATs).  Oh yeah....someone needs to take Rucker whatever he needs this week...chicken soup, orange juice, massage therapist, hyperbaric chamber....so that he can go on Sat.
[/quote]

+1 for not just saying our secondary has this taken care of.  It will be a great game.  Glad to see some fans arn't wearing red shaded glasses.  Manvel's run defense looked a little suspect but that was before week 1.

[quote name="O-lineGuru" post="1327486" timestamp="1352660243"]

[/quote]

my dead grand ma can throw for that in that district...good grief man... just like you said about PAM have not faced anyone that can really throw the ball,well guess what?? THEY HAVEN'T EITHER!!! and PAM can throw it. "stats" say so  ::)

Mouse...you don't know much about football do you?  To throw for that many yards with that TD to pick ratio is impressive...and the stats match their record.  Fisk certainly doesn't throw the ball that well...no matter what your "Homer" vision tells you and the stats will show that as well.  Without Rucker, PAM's passing game is in trouble.  Just the facts brother...you can choose to ignore them if you want.  I've been doing this a long time...and not as a spectator.

The Titans can make it happen but they have to minimize mistakes and play well in all 3 phases...offense has to sustain drives to keep the defense off the field...and the special teams can't choke and give up kick returns or miss PATs.  Remember, I have watched every play of every game this season...there is no mystery to the system.

[quote name="O-lineGuru" post="1327547" timestamp="1352664163"]
Mouse...you don't know much about football do you?  To throw for that many yards with that TD to pick ratio is impressive...and the stats match their record.  Fisk certainly doesn't throw the ball that well...no matter what your "Homer" vision tells you and the stats will show that as well.  Without Rucker, PAM's passing game is in trouble.  Just the facts brother...you can choose to ignore them if you want.  I've been doing this a long time...and not as a spectator.

The Titans can make it happen but they have to minimize mistakes and play well in all 3 phases...offense has to sustain drives to keep the defense off the field...and the special teams can't choke and give up kick returns or miss PATs.  Remember, I have watched every play of every game this season...there is no mystery to the system.
[/quote].  DISAGREE.FISK CAN THROW THE BALL OR MAYBE MY EYES PLAYING TRICKS ON ME ...RUCKER IS THE BEST WR BUT THE LEDAYS N JACOBS CAN PLAY TO (They DID WELL AGAINST LAPORTE DEFENSE WITH OUT HIM)...AND REGARDLESS OF HOW GOOD MANVEL PASS OFFENSE IS......PAM DEFENSE WOULD.RATHER PLAY THAT THAN PLAY A RUN DOMINANT TEAM

Jacobs and the Ledets can play...but the PAM passing game is not the same without Rucker, period.  Rucker is the YAC (yards after catch) guy because of his speed.  Fisk is not a passer equal to what you will see with Manvel....he is an option / zone read QB that is better with his feet, that was my argument from the beginning of the season.  He is still uncomfortable under pressure, makes poor decisions (breaking from his progressions and trying to force the ball into coverage - which gave LP one touchdown on a pick 6) and can't manage the clock in the 4th quarter....you run the play clock to protect the lead.  Those are all mistakes of a first year starter...he will get better but he is not the QB y'all seem to think he is. 

On defense, no question that PAM has problems with big runs between the tackles - look at the first play from scrimmage in the LP game....got gashed for a 65 yd TD right up the middle.  Look how Cano put up big yardage in the DP game...BUT...the other big dawgs in 21-5A are RUN teams....Northshore nor LP can throw the ball to save their lives...and no other team in the district passes with any consistency or production either....SO....NO, PAM doesn't know if they can match up in the secondary with a team like Manvel. 

Fellas....I am not making this stuff up....I watch lots and lots of film and games in person - obviously by broadcasting all of the PAM games this year, I know them like the back of my hand.  I also understand that when you put your Fan-glasses on it affects your vision....this is the reality of the situation....and I guarantee you that Coach Harrison would tell you the same. 

As I think about the teams I have watched this season it made me chuckle....all of these high school teams want to run a spread style offense, primarily because that is the vogue offensive set in college football right now.  BUT, how are you gonna run a spread with a QB that can't throw?  You hope that he throws a couple of incompletes and then makes a big run on 3rd? Better yet, if the QB can throw a short ball, the receivers can't catch or the O-line can't pass protect even on 2-3 step drop stuff...why do you run a set that you don't have the personnel for?????  That's just poor coaching....plain and simple.

I think PAM does a decent job of running the spread...but man, there are a bunch of others....district and non-district....that don't have a clue.

Random thoughts.... 

I Just Still Disagree ....FAN OR NOT MAVEL HIGH POWER PASS OFFENSE GOT SHUT COMPLETELY DOWN AGAINST NORTHSHORE DEFENSE WHICH PAM WR AND FISK MADE LOOK SUSPECT ...I HONESTLY BELIEVE MANVEL HAVENT PLAYED OPPONETS LIKE DP LP AND WHEN THEY DID PLAY THE SHORE IT WAS NO CONTEST....JUST LIKE THE NORTHSHORE GAME I PREDICT CLOSE FIRST HAVE...WITH PAM RUNING AWAY IN THE 2nd...24-38 TITTANS

[quote name="PAMFAM10" post="1327605" timestamp="1352671311"]
FISK NOT AS GOOD AS A PASSER AS MANVEL QB BUT JUST AS EFFECTIVE TO HIS TEAMS IF FISK FEEL PRESSURE OR WR GET LOCKED UP HE CAN TURN A LOST OR BUSTED PLAY INTO A BIG GAIN..WHILE MANVEL.QB WILL BE A SITTING.DUCK IF HIS WR CANT SEPARATE
[/quote]

Agreed, the difference will be can McCarley scramble when the **BLANK** gets thick the way Fisk does. And Fisk scrambles keeping his head DOWN FIELD 1st.

[quote name="O-lineGuru" post="1327547" timestamp="1352664163"]

[/quote]

because you are/were some type of coach or ex player,that makes know it all??hey jason garret is a pro coach and played...that ain't workin out so well now is it??...you ex jocks or pop warner coaches kill me with that mess. if you were worth what you claim to be,you wouldn't be on this board arguing with a "homer". you would be game planning to win a national title or too rich from playing in the pros to be on a high school football board. anyway,look at the district manvel are playing in before you attempt to give them a win against PAM. minus pearland,pull up that districts defenses and look at pass defense. like the poster said,they have done it twice without rucker being in the game. he's important yes,but it's not like a jamal charles thing. against LP,i don't think he would have been a big factor because LP did not blitz. they stayed home and clogged up the middle of the field,where rucker get his catches and yards. okay monday morning coach,what do you have now??? PAM kept LP defense on the field and scored. both teams scored five td's. it's no secret smart guy that PAM's special teams is not that good and the weakness is stopping the run. you are no guru sir. anyone watching a PAM game can see the weak spots. as far as stopping the run, have you noticed in ALL of PAM's game when a team has ran on them for about 3-4 series,PAM start shutting the run down?? yes sir,go look at the film.

[quote name="mighymouse490" post="1327611" timestamp="1352672935"]
[quote author=O-lineGuru link=topic=106065.msg1327547#msg1327547 date=1352664163]

[/quote]

because you are/were some type of coach or ex player,that makes know it all??hey jason garret is a pro coach and played...that ain't workin out so well now is it??...you ex jocks or pop warner coaches kill me with that mess. if you were worth what you claim to be,you wouldn't be on this board arguing with a "homer". you would be game planning to win a national title or too rich from playing in the pros to be on a high school football board. anyway,look at the district manvel are playing in before you attempt to give them a win against PAM. minus pearland,pull up that districts defenses and look at pass defense. like the poster said,they have done it twice without rucker being in the game. he's important yes,but it's not like a jamal charles thing. against LP,i don't think he would have been a big factor because LP did not blitz. they stayed home and clogged up the middle of the field,where rucker get his catches and yards. okay monday morning coach,what do you have now??? PAM kept LP defense on the field and scored. both teams scored five td's. it's no secret smart guy that PAM's special teams is not that good and the weakness is stopping the run. you are no guru sir. anyone watching a PAM game can see the weak spots. as far as stopping the run, have you noticed in ALL of PAM's game when a team has ran on them for about 3-4 series,PAM start shutting the run down?? yes sir,go look at the film.
[/quote] PAM DBS GET NO LOVE.ALL.YOU HEAR ABOUT IS THEY HAVENT.WENT UP AGAINST A OFFENSE LIKE MANVEL ....WELL HOW BOUT MANVEL HAVENT PLAYED A SECONDARY LIKE PAM WERE JUST ABOUT ALL WILL BE PLAYING AT THE NEXT LEVEL MANVEL OFFENSE BEEN SHUT DOWN BEFORE AGAINST A SUSPECT SECONDARY OF NS N THE SECOND HALF... I THINK MIGHTYMOUSE WILL BE THE HAPPIEST FELLOW AFTA THIS GAME

You're right mouse - you should probably apply for Garrett's job and mine.

Paid to play....paid to coach....paid to broadcast.  Probably am just imagining all the things I am seeing during every game.....Fisk is Cam Newton and RG3 combined.....all of PAMs receivers have D1 offers....and the SEC wants the Titan secondary to run DB camps for all their teams during the summer.  Outstanding!

I'm all done with amateur hour here...

[quote name="O-lineGuru" post="1327663" timestamp="1352677495"]
You're right mouse - you should probably apply for Garrett's job and mine.

Paid to play....paid to coach....paid to broadcast.  Probably am just imagining all the things I am seeing during every game.....Fisk is Cam Newton and RG3 combined.....all of PAMs receivers have D1 offers....and the SEC wants the Titan secondary to run DB camps for all their teams during the summer.  Outstanding!

I'm all done with amateur hour here...
[/quote] Mr Oline Guru SO  FULL OF YOURSELF....GONE LOOK STUPID WHEN PROVING WRONG

[quote name="mypooh" post="1328021" timestamp="1352724573"]
All these write ups look like what the non PAM fans said before the Clear Springs game last year. These will no doubt be a good game and if the Titans limit the turnovers they will be ok.
[/quote]

Looks like what I said in the preseason.  I said PAM would lose 3 games, and they will.  I also picked all 3 losses correctly.  (NS, La Porte & Manvel) Watch....

[quote name="friendswoodkid" post="1329971" timestamp="1352871165"]
Brenham you been hating on our kids all year, why don't you worry about your squad cause no cares about no brenham go sit down and [b]eat you some ice cream[/b].
[/quote]Its new! Its called "They've done it agian" ;D

Lets go [b]Panthers[/b]!!!

[quote name="The GOAT" post="1330810" timestamp="1352942909"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=106065.msg1330768#msg1330768 date=1352940292]
well this is interesting

http://www.ihigh.com/vypewest/article_147317.html
[/quote]Looks good to me! ;)
[/quote]One and Done ;D ;D ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder