3A Middle School District Champs

ryanpick

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1324327" timestamp="1352472009"]
First let me say that Mike J is an outstanding player. There is no question there. But, him not playing after getting hurt late in the 3rd had no bearing on this game. He was playing when silsbee fell behind 22-0. He did have a couple of great runs that resulted in TD's. but other than those he was held in check and had several runs for loss. Silsbee punted 5 times WITH Mike in the game. Again, great player, but this game was never in question.
[/quote]
So your saying that Silsbee did not have momentum when he scored 2 TD's in a row and they were driving again on the 50 when he got hurt. Would of made it a 4 point game... Hmm ok.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They got the ball on the 50 after a short punt... After the play he was hurt it was 3rd and 7. They never had a sustained drive all night. He broke two long runs and that's it. So no, he wasn't the difference, like I said earlier. He wasn't last year and he wasn't this year. He is a great player and I pray his injury wasn't serious.

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1324410" timestamp="1352477315"]
They got the ball on the 50 after a short punt... After the play he was hurt it was 3rd and 7. They never had a sustained drive all night. He broke two long runs and that's it. So no, he wasn't the difference, like I said earlier. He wasn't last year and he wasn't this year. He is a great player and I pray his injury wasn't serious.
[/quote]
Ok.. Lol without him on defense, they moved the ball. With him on defense, they didn't. When they ran the ball with him, he moved the ball.

[quote name="bradyb" post="1324499" timestamp="1352481574"]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=105792.msg1324410#msg1324410 date=1352477315]
[/quote]
Ok.. Lol without him on defense, they moved the ball. With him on defense, they didn't. When they ran the ball with him, he moved the ball.
[/quote]

So are you saying that Mike J is all that Silsbee's got? It sure sounds like it... One man show?

Again, he played the whole game last year and the result was a 20-6 loss. He played 70% of this game and it was a 30-12 loss. ONCE AGAIN, he is a great player, but he does not make up the difference. WOS is just a better TEAM!

WOS wins that game even if he is in great shape and played every single snap, punt, kick and return... it makes no difference...

I congratulate the Silsbee 7th Grade A team for showing up and playing to win. I would like to say that all of our boys did too; however, I just didn't see it.  Some of our boys were there to win and you could tell which ones they were.

Now, I would like to address the parents and coaches of ALL of the Silsbee Jr. High teams because I honestly don't know if it was 7th or 8th grade, A or B.

[color=red]I honestly don't appreciate your football players knocking down my 2 year old grandson and then laughing about it.[/color]

I brought him to the concession stand to get a "juice" and "eat eat".  The players from Silsbee were up there and were screaming at some or our players.  In the midst of everything, with the players trying to get to our players, my baby was pushed. He was standing right in front of me in the line and we both were pushed by the players.

I grabbed him up and left without spending a dime at that concession stand.  It was ridiculous that the kids thought it was okay to act like that.  I am very, very, disappointed.  Adults around the area did NOTHING to stop it.  Just stood there and watched.  I did what I could by telling the security guard what was happening.  I don't know if it settled down or not.  I never went back up there. 

Shame Shame Shame....he is only 2 years old and was bullied by jr. high kids! 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder