8:00am games

Was difficult at times when my son was that age,  but he loved it.  We all went to bed early.  Back then, it was only play Pop Warner or travel.  If the game was real far, we got a hotel room close by the night before.  A few parents did, and even took the kids if their parents couldn't make it. 

[quote name="mfd814" post="1306232" timestamp="1350822058"]
Was difficult at times when my son was that age,  but he loved it.  We all went to bed early.  Back then, it was only play Pop Warner or travel.  If the game was real far, we got a hotel room close by the night before.  A few parents did, and even took the kids if their parents couldn't make it.
[/quote]

Its all on what you make it.......

[quote name="thetragichippy" post="1306249" timestamp="1350826321"]
[quote author=mfd814 link=topic=104947.msg1306232#msg1306232 date=1350822058]
[/quote]

Its all on what you make it.......
[/quote]

Exactly Tragic...some folks just like to whine.

I don't have sons who play football or softball for that matter.  I have daughters and we have had early morning volleyball and basketball tournaments out of town.  As a parent we do what we have to do.  If that means putting our kids to bed a little earlier or waking them up a little earlier.  We do it because they are doing something they love and want to do.  Now my youngest daughter loves to run and most races are held early in the morning and if you have packet pick up on race day then you have to be there at least thirty minutes to an hour early.  It is something she loves and wants to do and so we will put her in as many races as we as her parents feel she can handle at the age of 8.

Guest BigCountry66
I agree with the 3 previous posters.  People don't have a problem getting up that early an 8am soccer game in Houston or a 9am select baseball game in Houston.  What's the big deal?  You go to bed earlier.  I always looked at it from an advantage standpoint.  If our team was more disciplined off the field and did what they were supposed to do by going to bed earlier, then we would have an advantage on the field at 8am.  Just my 2 cents.

By the way Smashmouth, did you notice the thread discussing your feelings being hurt just suddenly disappeared.  Man, that was totally insensitive on someone's part. :)

[quote name="BigCountry66" post="1307973" timestamp="1351008431"]
I agree with the 3 previous posters.  People don't have a problem getting up that early an 8am soccer game in Houston or a 9am select baseball game in Houston.  What's the big deal?  You go to bed earlier.  I always looked at it from an advantage standpoint.  If our team was more disciplined off the field and did what they were supposed to do by going to bed earlier, then we would have an advantage on the field at 8am.  Just my 2 cents.

By the way Smashmouth, did you notice the thread discussing your feelings being hurt just suddenly disappeared.  Man, that was totally insensitive on someone's part. :)
[/quote]

i think smash is no longer with us. lmao

[/quote]

Pretty hilarious...I may have to change my name to SmoothMouth...just sayin'.

[quote name="SmashMouth" post="1308019" timestamp="1351011216"]
[quote author=BigCountry66 link=topic=104947.msg1307973#msg1307973 date=1351008431]

[/quote]

[/quote]

back from the dead!!!

[/quote]

I bet if it was a Varsity playoff game people would be up and tailgating early before the game.  8)  I know I sure would and have many a times.  ;)

[quote name="Cheermom4" post="1308049" timestamp="1351013498"]
[quote author=BigCountry66 link=topic=104947.msg1307973#msg1307973 date=1351008431]

[/quote]

I bet if it was a Varsity playoff game people would be up and tailgating early before the game.  8)  I know I sure would and have many a times.  ;)
[/quote]

But Cheermom...that's because you make sense! You need to loosen up a little...start feeling sorry for yourself. Don't expect anything out of your children that might make them "reach" for anything. Then we can all get along and hold hands and be a bunch of happy cattle that don't aspire to anything. (I promise I'll be over this mood in a couple of days, or so.)

[quote name="SFA97" post="1305471" timestamp="1350735136"]
No reason for a [color=red]6yr-11yr to have to wake up at 5:30 [/color] to make an out of town game.

[/quote[quote author=SmashMouth link=topic=104947.msg1308019#msg1308019 date=1351011216]
I agree with the 3 previous posters.  People don't have a problem getting up that early an 8am soccer game in Houston or a 9am select baseball game in Houston.  What's the big deal?  You go to bed earlier.  I always looked at it from an advantage standpoint.[color=red]  If our team was more disciplined off the field and did what they were supposed to do by going to bed earlier, then we would have an advantage on the field at 8am. [/color]  Just my 2 cents.

[/quote]

Like i have said before. Some people take this way to seriously. Disciplined ? Really? some of these kids are still going to time out. There 6 to 11. K thru 5th grade. Disciplined at that age is eating all your vegetables so you can be big and strong. Your still learning the alphabet and colors in K. Disciplined to say yes mam to your mom and no sir to your dad. To be respectful and to share. But Im sorry to me not so much on the football field. And some people wonder why their kid once they reach jr. high or high school dont want to play anymore. When there this young it should be fun. I mean real fun. Team moms bringing popcicles for after practice fun. Learning what its like to be on a team.

Buuut do i thinkl its to early no. Not even. I remember getting my kids up early before daylight to go deer hunting. And they loved it to. So did I. I think its whatever you decide to do. I commend all the moms and dads on this site for at least wanting to spend time with their kids. Helping to teach them and other kids a great GAME. There are lots of kids out there who either dont have parents interested in them or dont have the means. But please guys stop with all the dicipline and dedication talk. There will be plenty of time for that come 8th or 9th grade. Sorry hope i didnt offend anyone. JMO

Oh and SMootmouth please get over it soon ;D

Guest BigCountry66
The discipline I was talking about was with the parents getting their kids to bed.  Obviously, a 6-11 yr old will stay up playing COD all night if you let them.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="XDOG" post="1308091" timestamp="1351016514"]
[quote author=SFA97 link=topic=104947.msg1305471#msg1305471 date=1350735136]
No reason for a [color=red]6yr-11yr to have to wake up at 5:30 [/color] to make an out of town game.

[/quote[quote author=SmashMouth link=topic=104947.msg1308019#msg1308019 date=1351011216]
I agree with the 3 previous posters.  People don't have a problem getting up that early an 8am soccer game in Houston or a 9am select baseball game in Houston.  What's the big deal?  You go to bed earlier.  I always looked at it from an advantage standpoint.[color=red]  If our team was more disciplined off the field and did what they were supposed to do by going to bed earlier, then we would have an advantage on the field at 8am. [/color]  Just my 2 cents.

[/quote]

Like i have said before. Some people take this way to seriously. Disciplined ? Really? some of these kids are still going to time out. There 6 to 11. K thru 5th grade. Disciplined at that age is eating all your vegetables so you can be big and strong. Your still learning the alphabet and colors in K. Disciplined to say yes mam to your mom and no sir to your dad. To be respectful and to share. But Im sorry to me not so much on the football field. And some people wonder why their kid once they reach jr. high or high school dont want to play anymore. When there this young it should be fun. I mean real fun. Team moms bringing popcicles for after practice fun. Learning what its like to be on a team.

Buuut do i thinkl its to early no. Not even. I remember getting my kids up early before daylight to go deer hunting. And they loved it to. So did I. I think its whatever you decide to do. I commend all the moms and dads on this site for at least wanting to spend time with their kids. Helping to teach them and other kids a great GAME. There are lots of kids out there who either dont have parents interested in them or dont have the means. But please guys stop with all the dicipline and dedication talk. There will be plenty of time for that come 8th or 9th grade. Sorry hope i didnt offend anyone. JMO

Oh and SMootmouth please get over it soon ;D
[/quote]

Get over what?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86