CHANNELVIEW AT BEAUMONT WEST BROOK BROADCAST/WEST BROOK WINS 44-11!

WOSgrad

The West Brook Bruins continue 21-5A play tonight as they host the Channelview Falcons!  Jeff Flanigan's Bruins, 2-4 on the season and 0-2 in district, look to rebound from last week's 58-28 loss to Deer Park.  Meanwhile, Averion Hurt's Falcons, 1-6 on the season and 0-3 in district, come off of a 28-21 overtime loss to Baytown Sterling last week.

Join Mike Sanchez and Bob Griffin for all of the action from the Carroll A. "Butch" Thomas Educational Support Center in Beaumont beginning with the pregame at 6:45 pm by clicking on the following link:

http://www.legacysportsnetwork.com/Audio/2012-2013/Football/SETX/BISD.htm

Bringing you BISD football on SETXsports and the Legacy Sports Network!!!

From the sounds of it, with Clack out, and Padia in at QB, the Bruin offense has been spreading the ball around a bit. WB also got back Stephen Wycoff, to help at the RB spot. I'm not naive enough to think that our offensive woes have been solved, and I know this is just Channelview, but maybe, just maybe, the Bruins have stumbled onto something here. Sounds to me like they didn't throw exclusively to Spearman, in this game, either. Thats good. I'm glad to see them use more of their offensive options. Hopefully, its a sign of things to come. While we're not mathematically out of the playoff picture, just yet, admittedly it will be tough to get in. WB has to win 2 of its last 3 to make it. With NS, PAM, and Sterling left to play, it wont be easy. WB should beat Sterling, but wont beat NS. The PAM game will most likely be the key to getting in the playoffs. If the Bruins somehow steal a win, against the Titans, then they should qualify. Lose to them, and we're sitting at 2-4, in district, and that wont get us in.

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="1305496" timestamp="1350739206"]
From the sounds of it, with Clack out, and Padia in at QB, the Bruin offense has been spreading the ball around a bit. WB also got back Stephen Wycoff, to help at the RB spot. I'm not naive enough to think that our offensive woes have been solved, and I know this is just Channelview, but maybe, just maybe, the Bruins have stumbled onto something here. Sounds to me like they didn't throw exclusively to Spearman, in this game, either. Thats good. I'm glad to see them use more of their offensive options. Hopefully, its a sign of things to come. While we're not mathematically out of the playoff picture, just yet, admittedly it will be tough to get in. WB has to win 2 of its last 3 to make it. With NS, PAM, and Sterling left to play, it wont be easy. WB should beat Sterling, but wont beat NS. The PAM game will most likely be the key to getting in the playoffs. If the Bruins somehow steal a win, against the Titans, then they should qualify. Lose to them, and we're sitting at 2-4, in district, and that wont get us in.
[/quote] NS is beatable.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1305625" timestamp="1350750559"]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=104907.msg1305496#msg1305496 date=1350739206]
[/quote] [b]NS is beatable.[/b]
[/quote]Probably not with this WB team. But, anything can happen. That's why we play the game.

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="1305776" timestamp="1350762434"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=104907.msg1305625#msg1305625 date=1350750559]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=104907.msg1305496#msg1305496 date=1350739206]
[/quote] [b]NS is beatable.[/b]
[/quote]Probably not with this WB team. But, anything can happen. That's why we play the game.
[/quote]gotta have a mobile QB who can throw darts on the run, NS secondary is trash, its the D-Line and LBs you have to worry about. on offense watch #2, #18, #41 and #28, zone read is their favorite play but i assume they will pass the ball on yall since yall secondary is not that good.

the brook looked ok last night considering the opponent, Padia at QB seem to me started to get comfortable later in the game, he is a junior and has not seen much action at QB but looks to be more effective on the run and being able to spread the ball around. Im not saying they can do enough to beat north shore because they will have to score 48 or more to beat them because Im not sure if WB defense can hold a good team to less than 40?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder