Can Anyone tell me about Center?

[quote name="Axe Em Jacks" post="1301539" timestamp="1350349704"]
So Center is 7-0 with a 1-0 district record after beating Diboll. I already have a feel of how Carthage looks so can I get some opinions on Center? Dave Campbell has them ranked 19th.
[/quote]

I know the head coach came from WOS and has a lot of the kids excited about playing football and buidling a program.

[quote name="Axe Em Jacks" post="1301600" timestamp="1350354203"]
I look forward to the Jasper Center game along with this weekend seeing how Center holds up against Carthage.
[/quote]
I know ome long time residents of Center and they understand that Carthage is top motch and looking forward to playing them to see how good they really are.

Center is a pretty good team that is just showing up on some radars.  They have a decent defense, giving up 18 pts a game along with a pretty explosive offensive which is currently scoring a little under 37 pts a game.

They look primarily to run (averaging about 238 yds on the ground) but can throw it too (avg. 131 yd a game passing).  Their big gun is K.J. Garrett, who already has over 1100 yd rushing this season.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1301617" timestamp="1350354769"]
Center is a pretty good team that is just showing up on some radars.  They have a decent defense, giving up 18 pts a game along with a pretty explosive offensive which is currently scoring a little under 37 pts a game.

They look primarily to run (averaging about 238 yds on the ground) but can throw it too (avg. 131 yd a game passing).  Their big gun is K.J. Garrett, who already has over 1100 yd rushing this season.
[/quote]
What is the name of the coach that came from WOS?

[quote name="Bulldog8" post="1301621" timestamp="1350354912"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=104746.msg1301617#msg1301617 date=1350354769]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Kevin Goodwin is Center's head coach.  I believe he was receiver's coach at WO-S.

I know that they beat Corrigan-Camden by quite a few touchdowns, when Deweyville lost by 3 points to Corrigan. I've seen Center on film while studyin Corrigan and they're really good. They like to dance on kickoff too. I thought it was funny lol

I saw them play Buna early in the season. I was a good game (33-30 if I remember correctly). They have some speed at the skill positions, and have a tall lefty at QB that can throw it a little. On D they looked a little soft againd the run. If a couple of calls go Buna's way they had a shot at winning. That being said good teams find a way to win games and get better as the season goes on, and I think Center is good team. Maybe not as good as Jasper and Carthage yet, but on their way up for sure.

[quote name="JB94" post="1301632" timestamp="1350355200"]
They've had a pretty weak schedule. But, that's not to say the team is weak. We shall see Friday.
[/quote]

I think all of the big 3 in this district have played pretty week schedules.  Carthage has played the toughest but lindale and chapel hill are down this year and jacksonville is average, but whitehouse is legit for sure.  Jaspers schedule has been very week as well other than WOS.  I think there is no doubt that carthage is the #1 team and over the past few seasons jasper and center have played some tough games with jasper squeaking out wins at home and getting beat in center.  Could be an interesting district.

[quote name="u_da_man" post="1301975" timestamp="1350410048"]
[quote author=JB94 link=topic=104746.msg1301632#msg1301632 date=1350355200]
They've had a pretty weak schedule. But, that's not to say the team is weak. We shall see Friday.
[/quote]

....and over the past few seasons jasper and center have played some tough games with jasper squeaking out wins at home and getting beat in center.  Could be an interesting district.
[/quote]
and Jasper has to play both Center and Carthage at their places.  Going to be tough for Jasper to win the district.  But if they beat Diboll this Friday and presumably they should beat Huntington; Jasper will be in the playoffs.

[quote name="Dolemite" post="1302233" timestamp="1350428326"]
I don't see Diboll upsetting one of the top 3 teams, so Carthage,Center, and Jasper should advance. Carthage will be tough like always, but both Jasper and Center have the athletes to challenge them this season and definetly the next.
[/quote]
Center does not have athletes to match Carthage. It will be clear on Friday. Dont know about Jasper yet.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1301640" timestamp="1350355490"]
[quote author=Bulldog8 link=topic=104746.msg1301621#msg1301621 date=1350354912]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=104746.msg1301617#msg1301617 date=1350354769]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Kevin Goodwin is Center's head coach.  I believe he was receiver's coach at WO-S.
[/quote]Coach Goodwin is a good guy and my 2nd cousin.  Graduated from Center, went to SFA @ WR and now back home getting to coach in a town he truly loves.  The Roughriders appear to be strong this year, but Carthage is a BIG challenge. 

[quote author=89falcon
Center does not have athletes to match Carthage. It will be clear on Friday. Dont know about Jasper yet.
[/quote]. 

Shows how much you know. Take away our miserable 1st half where we made mental mistakes, and we have a chance to win. We outscored them 22-21 in 2nd half after trailing 24-7 at halftime. Center had just as much talent as carthage.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin