Josh Hamilton

king

I am a huge Ranger and Josh Hamilton fan. I have mixed feelings. I can understand having a few bad games here and there. But he was not mentally or physically there the last 10 games of the season. Not sure what is going on with him. His attitude shows that his ego is too big. He is a great baseball player, but did not show it at the end of this seaosn. Not because of the costly error in A's game in the 4th innings, but his ab's have not been good AT ALL. If he wants to go let him go and use the money for pitching (relievers). We need it! Hate to say that because I enjoy watching Hamilton play and have enjoyed him being on the Rangers and he is a big part of our team. But when he plays bad usually the team plays bad.

[quote name="hook em' 09" post="1294681" timestamp="1349711458"]
I am a huge Ranger and Josh Hamilton fan. I have mixed feelings. I can understand having a few bad games here and there. But he was not mentally or physically there the last 10 games of the season. Not sure what is going on with him. His attitude shows that his ego is too big. He is a great baseball player, but did not show it at the end of this seaosn. Not because of the costly error in A's game in the 4th innings, but his ab's have not been good AT ALL. If he wants to go let him go and use the money for pitching (relievers). We need it! Hate to say that because I enjoy watching Hamilton play and have enjoyed him being on the Rangers and he is a big part of our team. But when he plays bad usually the team plays bad.
[/quote]

I'm a Rangers fan also,and I totally agree with you,but we could improve our bullpen if we trade him...

The only way they should sign him is if he gives them a huge hometown discount or agrees to some kind of performance laden contract.  None of these big contracts ever end up paying off.  The Cards let Pujols go and are doing just fine and have money to spend.

A-Rod made $60 mil the last 2 years and has hit 34 Hr's and 119 rbi's in those 2 years combined!!  You think the Yanks will regret that contract in 2017 when they are still on the hook for $20 mil a year for a washed up DH that hits 15 homers a year and sucks in the playoffs?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Why would I want the Rangers to give him a 5 year deal, when he won't make it the duration of the contract?  This guy is older than you would like to see a guy get a deal like that, and his body is even older given his substance abuse issues....

Everyone is down on the Rangers because Napoli, Young and Hamilton are gone, but if you think logically about it, Napoli did not contribute much in 2012, he was streaky but inconsistent, and Young was nothing to write home about either.... I love Michael Young, but it was time for him to go....

Hamilton's production will be tough to replace, no doubt about it.... But I'm excited that guys like Murphy and Gentry will get a chance to be out there more often.... Those guys both hit .300 and Gentry is tough to slow down on the base paths....

[quote name="HubTx" post="1354853" timestamp="1355500274"]
Why would I want the Rangers to give him a 5 year deal, when he won't make it the duration of the contract?  This guy is older than you would like to see a guy get a deal like that, and his body is even older given his substance abuse issues....

Everyone is down on the Rangers because Napoli, Young and Hamilton are gone, but if you think logically about it, Napoli did not contribute much in 2012, he was streaky but inconsistent, and Young was nothing to write home about either.... I love Michael Young, but it was time for him to go....

Hamilton's production will be tough to replace, no doubt about it.... But I'm excited that guys like Murphy and Gentry will get a chance to be out there more often.... Those guys both hit .300 and Gentry is tough to slow down on the base paths....
[/quote]

I completely agree as far as a 5-year deal goes.
Personally, I would not sign anyone to a 5-year deal.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder