BH Vs. Humble

BHFAN

[quote name="COOG8BRONCO" post="1289479" timestamp="1349268525"]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=103985.msg1289415#msg1289415 date=1349237143]
[quote author=COOG8BRONCO link=topic=103985.msg1289134#msg1289134 date=1349212681]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=103985.msg1289021#msg1289021 date=1349207025]
[quote author=COOG8BRONCO link=topic=103985.msg1289017#msg1289017 date=1349206603]
[quote author=BHkuntry09 link=topic=103985.msg1288492#msg1288492 date=1349145951]
BH- Till they wanna stop

Humble - 7

Summer Creek is tough, yes crosby hung with them till they were done playing patty cakes with the coogs , BH was LUCKY to put up 17 well im pretty sure bh would have done much better if they rain would have never hit ! So on that game im hopin no RAIN hit us so bh can play SC in a good match up
[/quote]It didn't rain last year. Y'all are 1-4 against Crosby the last 5 years, it rained once. Crosby went up and down the field on BH in the first half, just had a dropped td and one called back 'cause the Hill and Crosby guy were fighting behind the play and they called a hold on the Coogs. Barbers Hill had one sustained drive, and that ended in a field goal. O'neal broke one then got shut down, Denny fumbled trying to give it to O'neal and broke it out the back door on a busted play for the last score in the 2nd quarter. Other than that the Hill got completely waxed. Saying that I think y'all beat Dayton 35-31 if y'all don't let them throw bombs over your head.
                        BH 42  Humble 14
[/quote]your funny. Dayton scored 35 on crosby the first half. Just lucky yall dont have to play dayton till next year. 5 of 6 dayton tds were sophmores. So it looks like another beating next year. Oh yeah bh45-7 over humble
[/quote]Like you said, y'all aren't playing Crosby 'til next year. Who cares about the 35 in the first half? Barbers Hill beat King 47-14. Dayton scored 24 points and was anemic on offense against King. Some game just don't match up well. Last year BH beat Dayton, this year they will again because Dayton can't stop the run. Crosby ran for 288 on about 40 carries. Dropped td by #88, fumbles and picks by Aston, another dropped td by #15 and there you have it. Dayton capitalized on it like a good team does and won the game. Crosby is a big play team, they turn it over a few times or have costly penalties and they're probably going to lose. BH just runs and runs and runs, Dayton can't defend the run that's why BH beat the Broncos last year, that's why I think they will do it again. Barbers Hill has problems defending the big play but unless Dayton gets more 96 yard tds on 3rd and 35 then your looking at the kind of offense they have been every other game besides Crosby which is mediocre at best. The little McBride had 126 yards rushing on 15 carries I think but he broke about a 60 yarder. Dayton fans will tell you he could have went for 250, but the truth of the matter is Chambers is scared for his life back there. BH you don't ever have to worry about him keeping it on a zone read, if BH doesn't get beat deep Dayton just doesn't have a lot of options. That sounds crazy after the 45-21 whipping the Coogs got but just look at Dayton's games. [b]One good game on offense, 4 very average[/b]. Crosby on the other hand has outgained everyone they played, just too many mistakes. I would say after the BH game Dayton posters would realize this but I know they'll just make excuses like last year, so I'll make my fearless prediction and say Dayton finishes 8-2(6-2) draws Ned in the first round and loses in Beaumont. BH and Crosby go D2 and don't see a good team 'til the third round. I know that probably just made Bronco fan spit his wintergreen all over the monitor.
[/quote]
That seems to coincide with 1 game with the full compliment of players on offense.  What was the quote about Crosby's d not giving up more than 17 points to anyone this season??  45-21....
[/quote][b]Did they have them against CE King?[/b] 260 yards of total offense, 6 passing yards with 1 turnover. Looks like every other game besides Crosby. I guess the other 4 games are the flukes, Crosby game is what Dayton really is? BH scored 6 tds on offense against King, Dayton scored 2 and was outgained by King. I know Dayton fan will say the game was over in the first quarter and they were coasting though. Giving up all that yardage on D will eventually come back to bite Dayton, maybe in the form of back to back losses to BH and Creek. Wouldn't be good for Dayton to go into the first round against Ned on a two game losing streak. Crosby has lost two in a row but gets to ride a 5 game winning streak into the playoffs.
[/quote]

didnt play the whole game.

we were our healthiest of the year against Crosby. That's just the way seasons go sometimes. Hopefully we'll be healthy at the end of the season when it matters most. The big issue on defense to me against king was missing our top linebacker and defensive end (3 tech) for the entire game... those guys make a ton of tackles. I don't wanna make excuses, considering we won, came away with no major injuries, and the fact Dayton has CHOSEN to rest kids who aren't 100%. This is going to pay dividends. When these Broncos are going full tilt, I think there is gonna be a good product on the field. All the Broncos issues are fixable. Our run D will be  our strength as usual and I don't give a rip how many yards we give up. If the majority of our opponents' drives go from the 15 to the 30 (45 yds) 7 or 8 times a night and don't score or gets field goals, we're probably gonna win that game.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest octfeb
[quote name="bronco pride" post="1289481" timestamp="1349269123"]
So are you making an arguement that crosby sucks really bad. All you have is negative things to say about a team that beat the crap out of crosby. Crosby had more offensive yards than dayton and sc and got killed both games. If I was a crosby fan thats what I would be worried about.
[/quote]hes delusional just like his screen name...

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1289481" timestamp="1349269123"]
So are you making an arguement that crosby sucks really bad. All you have is negative things to say about a team that beat the crap out of crosby. Crosby had more offensive yards than dayton and sc and got killed both games. If I was a crosby fan thats what I would be worried about.
[/quote]Not negatives, just reality. Crosby has most likely played the hardest schedule in the region, definitely in the district with the last 3 opponents being a combined 13-1. 17 and 24-4a look like they have some good teams that could be D2 in the playoffs but depending on the draw it is very possible to see a BH vs Crosby game at Stallworth in the state quarterfinals.

[quote name="COOG8BRONCO" post="1289493" timestamp="1349270346"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=103985.msg1289481#msg1289481 date=1349269123]
[/quote]Not negatives, just reality. Crosby has most likely played the hardest schedule in the region, definitely in the district with the last 3 opponents being a combined 13-1. 17 and 24-4a look like they have some good teams that could be D2 in the playoffs but depending on the draw it is very possible to see a BH vs Crosby game at Stallworth in the state quarterfinals.
[/quote]now I know you have lost your mind. Go see a doctor quick.

[quote name="COOG8BRONCO" post="1289493" timestamp="1349270346"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=103985.msg1289481#msg1289481 date=1349269123]
[/quote]Not negatives, just reality. [b]Crosby has most likely played the hardest schedule in the region[/b], definitely in the district with the last 3 opponents being a combined 13-1. 17 and 24-4a look like they have some good teams that could be D2 in the playoffs but depending on the draw it is very possible to see a BH vs Crosby game at Stallworth in the state quarterfinals.
[/quote]

you played one quality team outside of district..... Angleton and Nederland both have harder schedules than crosby. You've gotten the better teams in our district out of the way early... with minimal success might i add.... but by the end of the year, your overall schedule won't have been any tougher than most.

On topic portion: Where is HUM398? What's the deal with Humble?

[quote name="dayton" post="1289510" timestamp="1349271214"]
[quote author=COOG8BRONCO link=topic=103985.msg1289493#msg1289493 date=1349270346]
[/quote]Not negatives, just reality. [b]Crosby has most likely played the hardest schedule in the region[/b], definitely in the district with the last 3 opponents being a combined 13-1. 17 and 24-4a look like they have some good teams that could be D2 in the playoffs but depending on the draw it is very possible to see a BH vs Crosby game at Stallworth in the state quarterfinals.
[/quote]

you played one quality team outside of district..... Angleton and Nederland both have harder schedules than crosby. You've gotten the better teams in our district out of the way early... with minimal success might i add.... but by the end of the year, your overall schedule won't have been any tougher than most.
[/quote]i think he left out a little something. While yes they have played a tough schedule so far but they have also lost all of the games except to bh. Ned dayton sc all beat crosby handely.

[quote name="dayton" post="1289500" timestamp="1349270635"]
[quote author=COOG8BRONCO link=topic=103985.msg1289499#msg1289499 date=1349270555]
[b]Since the thread is already hijacked
[/b]
        Dayton 27

Barbers Hill 38
[/quote]

you helped....

1st round of playoffs
Vidor, ozen or livingston 35
Crosby 14
[/quote]Ozen and Livingston are the only possibles for Crosby and BH. Vidor and Nederland are going D1 with SC and Dayton. Central has the most kids in the district but they won't make the playoffs. Ned and Angleton's hardest games are each other. Crosby has played 3 of the top 13 teams in the state according to the AP and 4-1 BH. Ned's schedule is close with Angleton and Vidor but I think Crosby's has been harder to date. With the likes of New Caney, Humble and Porter in the near future Crosby's s.o.s will definitely take a nose dive but they will easily handle the remaining 5 opponents. Dayton is going to get some of what Crosby just got through with, BH, SC and Ned in consecutive weeks. Now try to play three perfect games in a row.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1289507" timestamp="1349270983"]
[quote author=COOG8BRONCO link=topic=103985.msg1289493#msg1289493 date=1349270346]
[/quote]Which part? Crosby and BH first round playoff games will be the hardest 'til the d2 quarterfinals. I don't know how good Connally and Georgetown are, but those two and Texas City are the only teams in the D2 playoffs Crosby or BH wouldn't be favorites on. If Friendswood doesn't make the playoffs in 24-4a were talking Lee or GCM. Brenham and Montgomery are down this year so it looks like the stars aligned for the 19 or 20-4a D2 teams. Crosby finally gets to see what it feels like to play easier teams in the first two rounds of the playoffs than the first two weeks of district. 

[quote name="COOG8BRONCO" post="1289553" timestamp="1349273676"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=103985.msg1289507#msg1289507 date=1349270983]
[/quote]Which part? Crosby and BH first round playoff games will be the hardest 'til the d2 quarterfinals. I don't know how good Connally and Georgetown are, but those two and Texas City are the only teams in the D2 playoffs Crosby or BH wouldn't be favorites on. If Friendswood doesn't make the playoffs in 24-4a were talking Lee or GCM. Brenham and Montgomery are down this year so it looks like the stars aligned for the 19 or 20-4a D2 teams. Crosby finally gets to see what it feels like to play easier teams in the first two rounds of the playoffs than the first two weeks of district.
[/quote]Port Neches could make the playoffs and shake up the whole shindig though . . . . .

[quote name="COOG8BRONCO" post="1289534" timestamp="1349272610"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=103985.msg1289500#msg1289500 date=1349270635]
[quote author=COOG8BRONCO link=topic=103985.msg1289499#msg1289499 date=1349270555]
[b]Since the thread is already hijacked
[/b]
        Dayton 27

Barbers Hill 38
[/quote]

you helped....

1st round of playoffs
Vidor, ozen or livingston 35
Crosby 14
[/quote]Ozen and Livingston are the only possibles for Crosby and BH. Vidor and Nederland are going D1 with SC and Dayton. Central has the most kids in the district but they won't make the playoffs. [b]Ned and Angleton's hardest games are each other. [/b]Crosby has played 3 of the top 13 teams in the state according to the AP and 4-1 BH. Ned's schedule is close with Angleton and Vidor but I think Crosby's has been harder to date. With the likes of New Caney, Humble and Porter in the near future Crosby's s.o.s will definitely take a nose dive but they will easily handle the remaining 5 opponents. Dayton is going to get some of what Crosby just got through with, [b]BH, SC and Ned in consecutive weeks. Now try to play three perfect games in a row.[/b]
[/quote]

You're leaving out Alief Taylor who beat Angleton.  8-7 i believe. They have tons of big time talent I hear. Montgomery has played well in a "down" year also. They competed well against your favorite team Dawson.

Dayton has historically and will play their best football, when they need to. That's coaching... and we have that.

[quote name="COOG8BRONCO" post="1289553" timestamp="1349273676"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=103985.msg1289507#msg1289507 date=1349270983]
[/quote]how can you say the first round will be the toughest and then say you dont know how good the other teams are. You make no sense. Also you pick bh to go to the quarter finals and they have never won a 4a playoff game.

Guest octfeb
[quote name="bronco pride" post="1289591" timestamp="1349275973"]
[quote author=COOG8BRONCO link=topic=103985.msg1289553#msg1289553 date=1349273676]
[/quote]how can you say the first round will be the toughest and then say you dont know how good the other teams are. You make no sense. Also you pick bh to go to the quarter finals and they have never won a 4a playoff game.
[/quote]because he LOATHES Dayton like most everyone else.

[quote author=COOG8BRONCO link=topic=103985.msg1289553#msg1289553 date=1349273676]
[/quote]

You know it took Dayton 20 years to win a playoff game right? Quite making dumb comments like BH will never win a playoff game because they haven't won one yet. Can't wait to pound the ponies at BH again this year! All that history will not win you football games. if that is the case then Dayton will never be successful and any sport or UIL competition EVER ;D

I didnt say bh would never win a playoff game. I said they have not won a 4a playoff game. Given enough time I think bh will win a playoff game. Quit talking about pounding ponies. It sounds weird. Just say bh will beat dayton. You notice how the crosby poster could care less they beat bh. Almost like it was expected.

That's one very smart Crosby poster, not to mention he is just stating facts.  He also realizes BH is a better team than Dayton.  True, after this year he's on my "U Suck" list, but since we've played he is the brightest lad north of HWY 90.......Not that that takes a lot..... ;) ;) ;)

[/quote]I said that because I don't know 17-4a enrollment totals. Connally and Georgetown just look like the best teams, the rest of the district isn't that good but I don't know who goes where during playoff time in that district. BH and Crosby are going to finish 6-2 in the toughest district in the region and the 3 district losses BH and Crosby will have other than each other will all be D1 teams come playoff time. Brenham and one of the good 17-4a teams will play in the first round and knock each other out, just like out of Ned, Vidor, SC, Dayton two of the best teams in the region will be at home after the first round. So unless you're putting all your marbles in Brenham or Lee's basket then BH and Crosby is a very possible quarterfinal game. BH put 36 on Ozen last year, their problem has always been getting stops much like Crosby. This BH team is better than last year's, and the 3-4 slots in 20-4a are weaker than last year. By no means am I saying that Crosby and BH will end up being the best teams in the region, just that if you take the glue sniffing out of it you could see this bracket is much easier than the one that Coogs were in last time they went to the 3rd round with Merka. Now as for BH, don't ask me why, but I just have faith they can finally get over the hump.

[quote name="COOG8BRONCO" post="1289665" timestamp="1349281593"]
I said that because I don't know 17-4a enrollment totals. Connally and Georgetown just look like the best teams, the rest of the district isn't that good but I don't know who goes where during playoff time in that district. BH and Crosby are going to finish 6-2 in the toughest district in the region and the 3 district losses BH and Crosby will have other than each other will all be D1 teams come playoff time. Brenham and one of the good 17-4a teams will play in the first round and knock each other out, just like out of Ned, Vidor, SC, Dayton two of the best teams in the region will be at home after the first round. So unless you're putting all your marbles in Brenham or Lee's basket then BH and Crosby is a very possible quarterfinal game. BH put 36 on Ozen last year, their problem has always been getting stops much like Crosby. [size=18pt][b][u]This BH team is better than last year's, [/u][/b][/size]and the 3-4 slots in 20-4a are weaker than last year. By no means am I saying that Crosby and BH will end up being the best teams in the region, just that if you take the glue sniffing out of it you could see this bracket is much easier than the one that Coogs were in last time they went to the 3rd round with Merka. Now as for BH, don't ask me why, but I just have faith they can finally get over the hump.
[/quote]

All you BH fans feel this way? serious question...

Overall I think we are about even or maybe slightly better.  The areas were are not as good in, I see us getting better every week. 

Defense - Pass defense is better, run defense a little off from last year, but imporved each week (one of the adjustement people mentioned).

Offense - Our QB is a junior and has more experience.  Passing game is there when we need it.  Run game is probably a little off from last year, but an adjustement there seems to be paying off. 

Special Teams - Little off to same.  Kicker had a bumpy start, but played very well last week.  Return game has been good enough.  Return defense has been pretty good.  Got two guys on return defense that are fast and will lay avhit on you.       

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1289704" timestamp="1349283219"]
Overall I think we are about even or maybe slightly better.  The areas were are not as good in, I see us getting better every week. 

Defense - Pass defense is better, run defense a little off from last year, but imporved each week (one of the adjustement people mentioned).

Offense - Our QB is a junior and has more experience.  Passing game is there when we need it.  Run game is probably a little off from last year, but an adjustement there seems to be paying off. 

Special Teams - Little off to same.  Kicker had a bumpy start, but played very well last week.  Return game has been good enough.  Return defense has been pretty good.  Got two guys on return defense that are fast and will lay avhit on you.     
[/quote]

thanks.

I don't see catch many games other than the Broncos.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder