Courtney Stunts-Lumberton

Erin May-LCM

DeNee' Crawford - Silsbee 

Emily Kosh - Bridge City

Katie Birdwell - Bridge City

Newcomer of the year -

- Emily Kosh - Bridge City

- Katie Birdwell - Bridge City

Yea, I know - How can you have 2 newcomers?  I expect one of them, if not both, to have break-out seasons.  I'd really hate to leave either of them off the ballot, so there........................

Anyone's first year to play at the Varsity level in our area. Erin May would qualify since she played varsity outside of our area. Incoming freshman that will play at the varsity level would also qualify. Let's not get carried away and nominate every incoming Freshman. To win, it really needs to be an impact player, probably a pitcher, or someone with an incredible bat.

Anyone's first year to play at the Varsity level in our area. Erin May would qualify since she played varsity outside of our area. Incoming freshman that will play at the varsity level would also qualify. Let's not get carried away and nominate every incoming Freshman. To win, it really needs to be an impact player, probably a pitcher, or someone with an incredible bat.

After reading JohnnyT's post above, my earlier post seemed a little silly, so I felt compelled to reply to defend my nominations, based on JohnnyT's criteria.

Katie Birdwell is a pitcher, and potentially has an incredible bat.

Emily Kosh may play one of about 3 positions, none of which are pitcher, but she also has an incredible bat.