Magnolia West @ Montgomery Predictions

texasaggie

Mustangs come to Bear Stadium for Montgomery's Homecoming Game. The Bears look to avenge last year's upset loss. The Bear offense will be led by Seniors RB Dedrick Linton, WR Bodhi Bell, RB/WR Jimmy Dominick and Sophomores QB Josh Bolfing, RB Paul Allen, and WR Ken'Dre Howard. Defense is senior laden with S Herbert House, LB Alex Markos, and NG Jaylin Hemphill-Poplar. I think the game starts off close, but the Bears pull away in the second half by wearing down West with doses of Linton, Allen, and Dominick. The Defense will give up a couple big plays but will shut down most of the time.

Montgomery 35 Magnolia West 17

Giving Mag West 17 points is a little too generous. They are coming off a win against Willis but thats not saying much. Montgomery's offense and defense is starting to mesh and weed out the small mistakes that plagued them against Angleton and Dawson, I'd look for Montgomery to make a statement early and send a message to the rest of the district, they may be young but they are good, and believe me they remember the loss last year.

Montgomery 42
Mag. West    7

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1283882" timestamp="1348807469"]
i predict a Bear shut out! by what,??????????when they get tired of scoring.
[/quote]

It's possible.  MW's lone TD against us was on a punt return, so it's very possible.

I'm changing my prediction....

Montgomery  35
Magnolia West 7 (Not sure how they will score, but I think they get in the end zone somehow.)

*However MW played the Bears tough and won last year.

Well last year a lot of the players went to the Brenham-West game and watched Brenham thrash them then the next day Montgomery beat down Stratford and a handful of the more talented players got cocky and slacked off that week in practice. All of that combined with West knowing all our offensive and defensive plays because Coach Bell played under Bolfing and one of Montgomery's former defensive coaches had moved to West. With 2 new coordinators that shouldn't be a issue anymore, especially since we're aware that they audible off our calls now. Anyways, last year's loss helped Montgomery because it focused and disciplined them. Bolfing brought down the hammer after that game. It straightened out a team that was relying on talent alone to win games. This year's team doesn't have the bad attitudes. They know they don't have as much talent and they know they have to work for it. That's why I don't see a slip up this year.

[b]They know they don't have as much talent and they know they have to work for it. That's why I don't see a slip up this year.[/b]

This year's Montgomery team definately has just as much if not more talent than the team last year, they are just young, and without a doubt as a team they are much faster especially on offense, and as we all know speed kills especially slower teams like Mag West so that statement doesn't hold much weight. They overlooked Mag. West last year and lost because of this so I don't believe that will be an issue this year. They've grown up a lot this year after playing two top ranked teams in the state and last week they looked even better especially Josh throwing the ball and their sophomore runningback Paul Allen looked like a seasoned player running the ball. Montgomery will win by as much as they want to, and the fact that it's homecoming just ads to the fire.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder