Kirbyville vs Kelly 12:00

Central vs Ozen 2:30

Bridge City vs Kirbyville 5:00

Saturday, March 11:

Bridge City vs Central 10:00

Kirbyville vs Ozen 12:30

Championship Game #1 vs #2 3:00

Guest Orangeboy

Being an ex BC player I am ashamed to see no big name teams in this tourney. I just think they should be playing some of the big boys in Nederaland, West Brook, LCM, Texas City, Sulpher, maybe even Lake Charles Barbe for example.

Being an ex BC player I am ashamed to see no big name teams in this tourney. I just think they should be playing some of the big boys in Nederaland' date=' West Brook, LCM, Texas City, Sulpher, maybe even Lake Charles Barbe for example.[/quote']

It's hard to schedule tournament games with the above as they have move to Houston.

Years ago tournaments were played to win the championship and school pride. Making All-Tournanment and getting the Championship trophy meant something.

Today, it's get a few innings for your pitchers, play all the kids and get back on the bus.

I miss the old Certa tournment in Orange. I watched a 18 inning thriller for championship at PNG tournament one year. Do you think any tournament would even play extra innings today?

I would love an area wide tournament played over 3-4 teams with everyone agreeing to appear, etc. (that way you don't get any of the "we don't want to play them since we see them later in district). An organization could sponsor it and use a # of the fields in the area with the finals out at Lamar. Give a small % to the schools and expenses but the majority to a pre-selected charity or charities (Red Cross, Rita victims, TASO, etc.).

TRY THIS:

Play 4 brackets of 4 teams each . Divide the brackets by geography or to split out district foes, or with 1 5A, 1 4A, etc. The winners play a 4 team bracket on Sat. at Lamar (incl a 3rd place game). Do the same bracket for the 2nd place, 3rd place and 4th place finishers at 3 HS fields.

You get 5 games in 3 days. If you stretch it to 4 days, you'd only need 2 fields and have huge crowds. The hard part? Getting the coaches to agree, picking the committee to select the teams (someone's gonna get made) and finding a place to park.

A guy can dream can't he???????????

Guest Orangeboy

Yeah I like the idea of the big tournanment. I think it would only help baseball in Southeast Texas. I would seperate the big schools from the small though. Small 3A's and down together- with large 3A's-5A in another bracket.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder