Deweyville vs. San Augustine

DP70

Who wins? Deweyville or San Augustine?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins? Deweyville or San Augustine?

• Deweyville
    • San Augustine

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard they had a big o-line. But so did Westbrook and Troup! It's gonna come down to who wants it! After the Wolves had to dust themselves off from the whooping they got from Grace, I'm pretty sure they're chomping at the bit to redeem that loss! Should be a good game. D-ville is always a scrappy bunch and I hear they have a bunch of Jr.s that we didn't see last year. Should be interesting!

[quote name="JesseJames" post="1265827" timestamp="1347196916"]
[quote author=Kvillecats link=topic=102800.msg1265607#msg1265607 date=1347160796]
I have no respect for SA for the simple fact they walked off the field with a running clock in the 3rd quarter a few yrs ago against Kirbyville. We were up 56-0 and the whimps walked off the field and into the locker room and got dressed and left the game....WHERE THEY DO THAT AT??
[/quote]
New Coach, New Team! Get a life! SMH

[/quote]

He is still upset that they choked in 2A and cannot put a quality team on the field.  He continues to live in the past....

[quote name="JesseJames" post="1268645" timestamp="1347484057"]
I've heard they had a big o-line. But so did Westbrook and Troup! It's gonna come down to who wants it! After the Wolves had to dust themselves off from the whooping they got from Grace, I'm pretty sure they're chomping at the bit to redeem that loss! Should be a good game. D-ville is always a scrappy bunch and I hear they have a bunch of Jr.s that we didn't see last year. Should be interesting!
[/quote]

I don't think this game will even be close.  Hopefully deweyville wi be a good test for us...garrison & Hemphill look like they are too down this year to prepare us for district.

I am not sure why everyone thinks Deweyville is the favorite. DV has an extremely talented Jr class but SA returned nearly every player that has beaten them for 2 staright years. I think people are reading too much into the Grace game. But, it would not be a shock for DV to win.

[quote name="SAwolvesgetcrunk" post="1268927" timestamp="1347504958"]
Deweyville line has nothing but studs that go hard every play.....we got studs they're just kinda lazy! :'(
[/quote]
Kinda giving yourself away there, ;) SA does not need ANY extra motivation for this game. Let the game play out and hopefully both teams come out of it injury free and better having faced some good competition.

Holy Cow!!  Brain fart for sure yall.  Read San Augustine and somehow West Sabine computed.  I really hate to say the Pirates will come up short twice on the same thread but...gotta go with San Augustine in this one.  (and I think West Sabine would beat em both!)  LOL
But I do think Dville is headed in the right direction under coach Babin,

For the past few years this has been a hard fought game for sure. Last year us losing 12-0 definitely put a bitter taste in our mouth, and were ready to avenge that. But knowing where we were last year, and where we are this year, i believe we can pull it out. But like someone said its all gonna be who wants it more.

[quote name="DP#1FAN" post="1269066" timestamp="1347535433"]
The Pirates will see what direction they are headed Friday night. I think the Pirates are a playoff team with [b]district being a little softer this year than last[/b]. I'm backing the Pirates in this one.

Deweyville 13
S.A.        12
[/quote]

Why do you think the district is a little softer than last year? SA is gone, who beat ya'll, Groveton is gonna be good, Corrigan will still beat yall, you may have a chance to beat hemphill but if you cant stop twine then you wont win, new waverly will still beat you...i dont see how you can say you have playoff potential after playing sabine pass and evadale?

[quote name="Jack3t" post="1269371" timestamp="1347565672"]
[quote author=DP#1FAN link=topic=102800.msg1269066#msg1269066 date=1347535433]
The Pirates will see what direction they are headed Friday night. I think the Pirates are a playoff team with [b]district being a little softer this year than last[/b]. I'm backing the Pirates in this one.

Deweyville 13
S.A.        12
[/quote]

Why do you think the district is a little softer than last year? SA is gone, who beat ya'll, Groveton is gonna be good, Corrigan will still beat yall, you may have a chance to beat hemphill but if you cant stop twine then you wont win, new waverly will still beat you...i dont see how you can say you have playoff potential after playing sabine pass and evadale?
[/quote]
Isn't that why you suit up and play the games? You can say those teams will win but you still have to play.

[quote name="DP#1team" post="1269492" timestamp="1347574071"]
Were not saying were a playoff team just because we beat sb and evadale. Were saying we are a playoff team BECAUSE WE ARE. We have dramatically improved on both sides of the ball. Just wait ::)
[/quote]

Of course you would look tough against those two teams...

[quote name="SAWolverine" post="1269579" timestamp="1347581361"]
[quote author=DP#1team link=topic=102800.msg1269492#msg1269492 date=1347574071]
Were not saying were a playoff team just because we beat sb and evadale. Were saying we are a playoff team BECAUSE WE ARE. We have dramatically improved on both sides of the ball. Just wait ::)
[/quote]

Of course you would look tough against those two teams...
[/quote]

Goodluck tomorrow.

All the negative comments on this board have come from other schools; every post from a Deweyville player, parent or supporter has been respectful and humble...and WE don't have discipline???
On that note, under Coach Babin and his staff, and with our entire community there to cheer the boys on, I know this will be an exciting game. Deweyville and San Augustine are both tough, physical teams and I think it will be a defensive battle. Deweyville has a big, athletic, experienced line and we have speed as well, so this will be a fight til the end.
I'm picking the pirates...praying for a injury free game and a safe trip here to all you SA fans.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    geho
    Newest Member
    geho