Kountze Lions @ Hull-Daisetta Bobcats/Kountze wins 40-11!

[quote name="LoyalBobcat" post="1264888" timestamp="1347126254"]
You know, I never talked much trash when I was young, I still don't. I always did my talking on the field, that way I didn't have to eat any crow. I guess what I don't understand is this mentality that a lower classification school cannot beat one of a higher classification? We use to beat 2 and 3A schools all the time. (although we did end being the best out of 1200 plus 1A teams in the state). There is one major downfall of talking too much smack now days, its a little thing called NO PASS NO PLAY, lets see how much Mr James has to say in about 5 more weeks, You can't tell me that team will still be intact after the first six weeks grades come in.
[/quote]

I believe that comment was completely uncalled for !  Since you guys are the ones who have been calling our team a bunch of basketball players, how on earth do you think they play basketball ????  I believe they pass !  Please have a little more class and don't insult our boys with posts like this.   
Yes that was Hosea Bottley's brother James on the field last night.  Tough kid with a lot of heart, oh and an excellent student !

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Fightingfitzpatricks" post="1264930" timestamp="1347128771"]
Maybe everyone needs to remember that we are talking about high school football. These boys are 14-18 years old. They go out and practice in the heat everyday, busting their butts to get better. They are reading some of these remarks that I assume are being made by adults. Be the grown-up! Kountze played a fantastic game, and they are a much better team this year. Last year we only had one weapon that was utilized, and when you shut him down we fell apart. This year our talent runs deep, and it will take more than shutting down one player to beat us. HD played a good game last night, but I was disappointed by the cheap shots taken against our players on the field. But I guess that's just part of the game. Keep the discussion about football; ya'll are starting to sound like a bunch of twelve year old girls. By the way...Bobcat 55, excellent post. We all eat crow occassionally, but you did it with class. Best of luck in the season.

Thank you nice post !
[/quote]

Congrats to Kountze, like I said since HD hired the new coach, you guys should go  beat some quality teams before you claim your good. I realize with a team who is traditionally good that's been bad the past few years was excited at signs of improvement but you guys jumped way too far ahead of yourselves. At first Kountze was a "globetrotter basketball team" then they DOMINATED HD, and now they "have a shot at playoffs in their district" lol. I'm just happy to see the HD fans back down to earth, now i hope you know you have to prove it before you claim your a good team.

I use to love setx sports page it was a great way to talk trash and get into my opponents head before a game but it seems as more adults are taking over now.. I play both football and basketball every time I check something its grown men arguing please leave to the teenagers and btw HD its boy having a deep playoff they will make it cause they need one win buts its a one and done

Guest kountzemania
You know I hope none of our players are reading this crap. Grown adults taking shots at kids. SHAMEFUL! SOMEBODY PLEASE TAKE THE POST OFF ABOUT KOUNTZE KIDS NOT MAKING GRADES AND BEING ABLE PASS THEIR CLASSES THAT IS WAY OVER THE TOP! IF YOU DON'T HAVE MORE CLASS THAN THAT, THEN FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO DO WITH YOUR TIME.

[quote name="kountzemania" post="1265203" timestamp="1347143770"]
You know I hope none of our players are reading this crap. Grown adults taking shots at kids. SHAMEFUL! SOMEBODY PLEASE TAKE THE POST OFF ABOUT KOUNTZE KIDS NOT MAKING GRADES AND BEING ABLE PASS THEIR CLASSES THAT IS WAY OVER THE TOP! IF YOU DON'T HAVE MORE CLASS THAN THAT, THEN FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO DO WITH YOUR TIME.
[/quote]Dido........that's wrong as wrong can be. >:(

Guest incognito123
I said HD would win by more than 10 pts, I was wrong.  Kountze is much improved, and HD has a long want to go to be as good as we would all like them to be.  Grayland Arnold is a force.  Kountze should use him more under center.  That kid is electric.  Looking forward to seeing him in the years to come.  Javonte powell is also a great player.  On defense, #1 was all over the ball.  Kountze will challenge for the third spot in that district.  Great game Lions.  Get to work Bobcats! 

I'll take my crow with buffalo sauce.

[quote name="MWhizzie000" post="1265632" timestamp="1347161571"]
Man we should have scored 60 points on HD especially if arnold played qb the whole game and minus the homer officials lol you HD fans should be glad that didnt happen and move on
[/quote]Y'all please let it go!!!it's over and done,everyone left the game healthy ...some happy and some sad over all the kids get to play another week.

[quote name="BringThePain" post="1265352" timestamp="1347152925"]
I said HD would win by more than 10 pts, I was wrong.  Kountze is much improved, and HD has a long want to go to be as good as we would all like them to be.  Grayland Arnold is a force.  Kountze should use him more under center.  That kid is electric.  Looking forward to seeing him in the years to come.  Javonte powell is also a great player.  On defense, #1 was all over the ball.  Kountze will challenge for the third spot in that district.  Great game Lions.  Get to work Bobcats! 

I'll take my crow with buffalo sauce.
[/quote]

Now that's what I call a nice post ! See we CAN all play nice.  It's just as hard to be a good sport when you win as when you loose .  That is the kind of comments our boys need to be reading. Thank you BringthePain !!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder