WOS 64 HJ 60 Final

KFDM COOP

I agree with the comment on the officiating. I was at the Orangefield game last night and 10 minutes into the game there were about 17 calls already on the board. The lady looked new and I think they were just calling everything that looked like a foul. But at least it went both ways for the most part so it didn't really effect the out come of the game.

Just a word about officiating. It is not just this year but every year for the past 6 or 7 years officiating seems like it is getting worse. It really is following what people react to. The rough style of play which is instigated by the NBA has flowed down to the highschool level. The losers in all this are kids who now feel it is more important to be an enforcer on the court rather than a skilled player. Concentrating now on how rough they can play and get away with instead of the basic skills of the game. So what we end up with is the Nuggets Knicks fiasco on TV and the kids see this and they think this is the way to play.

We as fans can say something about officiating by writing to the UIL and complaining about the instructions to officials. However be aware that their is such a shortage of officials because they dont want to put up with out of control fans that the chapter will take anyone.

It all comes down to this. MONEY;;;;; Their are valuable scholarships to college on the line and lucrative contracts in the pros, and of course every player knows he has the skills to play in the NBA so school is secondary just check graduation rates in college. We have created this monster and we are the only ones who can slay it. For now we have to live with the likes of Terrel Owens and Jeremy Shockey. They are just products of their environment............................

I promise I will never be this long winded again.... but I couldnt let this one go

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder